Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4584 4585 [4586] 4587 4588 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440718 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68775 on: January 05, 2014, 07:53:09 pm »

It's less of a gulf and more of a small pond, to be honest. Shipping cares not about reality, canon or cross-species borders.

Best be careful with that quote; it's been discontinued. In fact, maybe I need to archive it somewhere.
Where's it from? I can't think of many deleted threads.
One of the Bay 12 shipping threads. It's for the best that it was destroyed, but the quote itself I feel was very much worth keeping.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68776 on: January 05, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »

Going to army tomorrow due to conscription. And my sleeping rhythm is pretty fucked up to put it lightly. As in I haven't seen the sun for a while now, because when it's up, I'm sleeping.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68777 on: January 05, 2014, 08:19:29 pm »

Switzerland and Finland. Probably other places as well but those were the first two i thought of. Germany did until 2011.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68778 on: January 05, 2014, 08:20:53 pm »

Poland, Ukraine, and Israel.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68779 on: January 05, 2014, 08:21:55 pm »

Poland, Ukraine, and Israel.

Poland's phasing it out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68780 on: January 05, 2014, 08:22:08 pm »

Oh yeah. Mexico, lots of south american and African countries, Russia, and quite a few countries in Asia (china, north korea...)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68781 on: January 05, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »

I think Norway?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68782 on: January 05, 2014, 08:38:08 pm »

Switzerland, as well.

TBH I don't think it's inherently a bad thing (although I'm happy that it was phased out here before it was my turn)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68783 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:01 pm »

I don't even have internet. I post on these forums through sheer force of will.

I'm going to have to sig that. Just let me make some room here:

It's less of a gulf and more of a small pond, to be honest. Shipping cares not about reality, canon or cross-species borders.

Best be careful with that quote; it's been discontinued. In fact, maybe I need to archive it somewhere.

I'll preserve it in my sig until such a time that you decide to have it again.
Ah, thanks. Though I don't think I'll use it again, I do feel, since the thread it comes from no longer exists, it should be preserved forever for our children, like that thing in the OP of the Happy Thread.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68784 on: January 05, 2014, 08:43:45 pm »

Yeah, I'm from Finland. Technically you have three options here; army for 6 months-1 year (depending branch of service etc.), civil service for 1 year or jail for 6 months. Or become a Jehovah's Witnesses who get free pass.  ::)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68785 on: January 05, 2014, 08:50:11 pm »

Didn't know they had a religious objection to civil service.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68786 on: January 05, 2014, 08:52:30 pm »

The kind of political manipulation the JW's engage in is truly disgusting. They try to get exemptions to pretty much everything in any country where they have a meaningful population.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68787 on: January 05, 2014, 08:54:57 pm »

Religious objection to take part in the system of violence or something. Everyone else with religious/moral objections can go fuck themselves though.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68788 on: January 05, 2014, 08:58:56 pm »

They had the same exemption here in Germany. I always thought that was a remnant from back when there was no civil service, just military or jail. I don't think they get any other exemptions, no homeschooling for nobody.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68789 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:51 pm »

Religious objection to take part in the system of violence or something. Everyone else with religious/moral objections can go fuck themselves though.
Even Quakers?
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 4584 4585 [4586] 4587 4588 ... 8167