Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4580 4581 [4582] 4583 4584 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443737 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68715 on: January 03, 2014, 08:24:03 pm »

Just euthanized my cat today as well.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68717 on: January 04, 2014, 06:08:23 am »

I hope to god this is made up or exaggerated.
Wha-

I find it likely it wasn't. Mommy dearest sounds like one of those rich party girls who never grew up but had an 'accident'. Hey, it could be worse, just ask Caylee Anthony.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68718 on: January 04, 2014, 08:59:58 am »

I was checking my E-mail today, trying to reset a password (I do that a lot), and I found a message from Facebook about people who have accounts I might know. Normally, they're all laughably wrong. But this time, it gave me someone I actually know, or knew.

They died two years ago of cancer

Thanks for the reminder, Facebook. I don't even have an account there.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68719 on: January 04, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »

Yeah.  My abusive exes pop up on Google+ recommendations a lot (they're both blocked on Facebook).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #68720 on: January 04, 2014, 02:01:20 pm »

I hope to god this is made up or exaggerated.
Wha-

I find it likely it wasn't. Mommy dearest sounds like one of those rich party girls who never grew up but had an 'accident'. Hey, it could be worse, just ask Caylee Anthony.

At least the kid sounds like a cool dude. Drew a plesiosaur and everything.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68721 on: January 04, 2014, 02:01:54 pm »

I'm sad because everyone calls me "sir" when I'm out in public. I've only been correctly gendered one and it doesn't even really count because he immediately followed it up with "Oh sorry, sir."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68722 on: January 04, 2014, 02:10:18 pm »

:(

You can spam your appearance with stereotypically "feminine" things and people will probably get it right, but I still understand that might not be what you want to look like plus added bother.

* kaijyuu sympathies
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68723 on: January 04, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »

What do you look like, anyway, AlleeCat?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68724 on: January 04, 2014, 03:16:13 pm »

I'm sad because everyone calls me "sir" when I'm out in public. I've only been correctly gendered one and it doesn't even really count because he immediately followed it up with "Oh sorry, sir."

It sucks when people get the wrong pronoun, and it is true that tweaking your style of dress or whatever to be more feminine/masculine will bias pronouns one way or the other. If it's any consolation, my hair used to be long enough that I was called "She" and "Her" semi-regularly. But yeah... if you wanted, you could try some things to feminize your appearance, and I'm sure there are people around here you could ask for ideas. Maybe start a Life Advice thread?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68725 on: January 04, 2014, 03:34:02 pm »

I have a beard so I'm not misgendered.

I'm just curious on what'll happen when I start wearing skirts and dresses in public. :P

* Descan huggles Alleecat and gives her tuna.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68726 on: January 04, 2014, 03:38:37 pm »

It's probable that some are doing it to be rude.  When dealing with businesses, they might have policies that can help if you make a complaint, but that get's tiresome quickly.  Depending on where you live, government employees might be required to respect your gender, but again, it probably takes extra time and effort.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68727 on: January 04, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »

Good bye, Bay Area. I'm back on cross-country duty until next winter, probably :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68728 on: January 04, 2014, 04:15:22 pm »

My first boyfriend had a beard for a while and was still consistently called "she."  The beard is not sufficient :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68729 on: January 04, 2014, 04:16:48 pm »

My first boyfriend had a beard for a while and was still consistently called "she."  The beard is not sufficient :V

Like, do you live in the bearded lady capital of the world or something?
Pages: 1 ... 4580 4581 [4582] 4583 4584 ... 8167