Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4557 4558 [4559] 4560 4561 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9420256 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68370 on: December 20, 2013, 06:00:29 pm »

o.O
The worst thing that ever happened when I went to highschool was someone getting expelled for a week for smoking weed during the break.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #68371 on: December 20, 2013, 06:04:27 pm »

Heh. If I ever was an extrovert me stuttering until ~16 years old fixed that >.>

Seriously, watching me talk was like watching someone have a stroke and a seizure at the same time.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68372 on: December 20, 2013, 08:21:33 pm »

Well, you are French...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68373 on: December 20, 2013, 08:23:50 pm »

My auxiliary cable broke. No music for me until I can get a new one :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68374 on: December 20, 2013, 08:42:08 pm »

Well, this was primary school. Introversion/extroversion appears to be affected quite a bit by social experiences when you are younger. Given my bullying, it appears to have made me wary of people.
I can say this is yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68375 on: December 20, 2013, 11:20:26 pm »

Well, Christmas vacation.
You were nice and all 5 years ago when this time of year was still magical and fun, but now you just keep me from seeing my friends or getting out of the house.
Thanks Santa.
Thanks.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68376 on: December 20, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »

I can't seem to find Fate / Hollow Ataraxia. Google pulls up the Translation Patch (but not the game) and a bunch of skeevy torrents, and a duckton of people asking where the English Patch is. But not a single actual file, for several pages and several different ways of saying it. And the Skeevy torrents don't work, or are 2 skeevy 4 me and my AVG-free antivirus ass.

I don't suppose the good people on this forum know where to get the game. I'm more than willing to pay money, so long as I don't have to wait for a disc to be shipped in from Japan to probably not work.

I found the Linux version, after a bit of searching. Too bad I use Microsoft! God knows nobody uses Microsoft! DX<
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68377 on: December 21, 2013, 12:19:50 am »

Aaaaaahh I spent all of my monies. Whoops. :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68378 on: December 21, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

I just found out Bogleech was an SJW. He said something so irredeemably stupid it hurts my head to even think about it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68379 on: December 21, 2013, 01:03:59 am »

After a conversation with my mum, I apparently used to be an extrovert, up until I started getting bullied. Seems the bullying knocked it out of me. Apparently, I used to be the first one to introduce myself, did lots of talking with other people, so on and so forth.

Why the fuck did I have to be put in a school where bullying was punished with 'Don't do it again! Now, off you pop!'?

Yeah, me too. I was the most ENERGETIC HAPPY EXTROVERTED CHILD EVER. Until I changed schools.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68380 on: December 21, 2013, 01:28:48 am »

Finishing A Canticle for Leibowitz again. I always am amazed at how much that book hurts. I still love it, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68381 on: December 21, 2013, 10:50:23 am »

I just found out Bogleech was an SJW. He said something so irredeemably stupid it hurts my head to even think about it.

How so?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #68382 on: December 21, 2013, 11:21:30 am »

After a conversation with my mum, I apparently used to be an extrovert, up until I started getting bullied. Seems the bullying knocked it out of me. Apparently, I used to be the first one to introduce myself, did lots of talking with other people, so on and so forth.

Why the fuck did I have to be put in a school where bullying was punished with 'Don't do it again! Now, off you pop!'?
Yeah, me too. I was the most ENERGETIC HAPPY EXTROVERTED CHILD EVER. Until I changed schools.
Just like me!
Same here. I used to be happy as a clam, and naively trust everyone, on a near-constant basis. Nowadays, I assume any friends I make are just a step closer to stabbing me in the back. Associate or nothing; I don't have close or best friends for reasons of my past friends sucked big time; I was always in trouble, and they didn't help at all. In fact, in hindsight, after some other new info, I suspect they were the ringleaders. My best friend out-ranked my bully, and my bully constantly tormented me in front of him, and they did nothing. I think you'd draw the same conclusion as me; not to mention, when I had social troubles, like approaching a crush I had, my crush kept their distance from me as much as possible as if they heard only the negative about me; only a friend could get that close and use such information so easily. In essence, some 'good people' are worse than bad people; makes me choose Hell over Heaven for familiarity's sake, and my bullies I have to out-think and out-perform to get back at them before they strike as hard as I predict.

Simply put, Super-Villain Mode activated when nobody helped the victim(s); so I help other victims by finding the hardest most armor-piercing method to apply (with hollow-point post-piercing) to any bully, and strike with extreme prejudice, in turn making me more of a bully than any of the bullies I've witnessed and been struck by would ever aspire to being. Basically, I've become a heroic villain; I do good by doing bad to balance the scales, or at least force them to balance and weld it in place.

I'm just extremist material, ain't I? At least I lack the motivation to (anti-)terrorize to such an extent I would hit the most-wanted list. I got the brains, but not the means nor motivation; plus, last thing I would want to do is demonize my family's name by my actions. Kinda sucks that I can't do anything entirely because of such consequences. If I could destroy the world, I would, but I can't. As evil as I want to be, I can't because of my loyalty to the only other people I CAN trust with my life. Thanks society for converting another would-be saint into another run-of-the-mill sinner (so to put it, Society as an entity would be my main target, and to collapse it into a constant global war on every front/reason would be the solution; executing it would require being omniscient, however; or be part of a secret globalist organization (like the Freemasons and/or Illuminati, Scientologists) to pull it off, and collapse their organization on the way out for kicks, and to punish them for (being dumb enough) allowing someone like me amongst their numbers, and for anything else I would learn about them from within).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:38:01 am by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68383 on: December 21, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »

After(hopefully) tomorrow, I won't see my sweetheart for at least a week, possibly a month. Next week, she's going out of state for Christmas. She has winter classes during the first three weeks of January, but I'm not going to be working during that time, and even if I was, those classes are probably at a different campus. I still haven't given her her Christmas gift. I was going to do that today, but she was busy with something.

Another sad thing, I was playing Alundra again, since I didn't finish it last time.
Spoiler: The scene where (click to show/hide)

Just like me!
Same here.
Huh, I became very extroverted after getting out of a school where the school itself bullied me. But then, I hit a bout of depression during early high school and completely lost that, and everything that happened following graduation pretty much killed any social skills I ever had.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68384 on: December 21, 2013, 02:57:44 pm »

How so?
He claimed that someone was a homophobe because they were Catholic.
Pages: 1 ... 4557 4558 [4559] 4560 4561 ... 8167