Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4440 4441 [4442] 4443 4444 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473274 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66615 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »

Einstein didn't like eggs? That fucker! Now we can't even trust relativity.
Trust was unscientific to begin with. Don't trust. Test. And assume your instruments aren't actually accurate and you're just going with your current best guess. Hope strongly nothing explodes because of it. Science in a halfnutshell.

I don't like eggs either...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66616 on: October 18, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »

Science in a halfnutshell.
Turtle power!

* Descan imagines Teenage Mutant Science Turtles.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #66617 on: October 18, 2013, 03:42:32 pm »

Girl at work received mystery flowers (delivered to work, with no name or card) the other day. She's quite upset by this, and thinks that I sent them.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66618 on: October 18, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »

Girl at work received mystery flowers (delivered to work, with no name or card) the other day. She's quite upset by this, and thinks that I sent them.
Send chocolates to apologize?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66619 on: October 18, 2013, 04:38:13 pm »

Wait a minute. Upset as in angry or anxious, because she doesn't really know? Or is she just one of those insane tsundere types?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66620 on: October 18, 2013, 04:50:35 pm »

Don't... uh... don't do this. This might be a very bad idea.

Unless by "upset" you mean "my total love-slave, fulfilling my every whim and fancy while repeatedly complimenting my attractive features", she may have a rather negative response to this kinda stuff.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66621 on: October 18, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »

Einstein didn't like eggs? That fucker! Now we can't even trust relativity.
Trust was unscientific to begin with. Don't trust. Test. And assume your instruments aren't actually accurate and you're just going with your current best guess. Hope strongly nothing explodes because of it. Science in a halfnutshell.

I don't like eggs either...
OK, everyone! No trusting Neonivek! Whatever he says, he means the opposite! Or he's got some ulterior motive!

Also, his science can be discarded. The egg hating scum!
does this mean you don't follow the word of Almighty Einstein
heretic
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66622 on: October 18, 2013, 05:23:11 pm »

... to apologize for what, exactly?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66623 on: October 18, 2013, 06:45:16 pm »

I've been awkward and had trouble expressing myself to others in the past, but for some reason a distant friend of mine elected to share that she was going through some major depression. I resolved that I was done keeping people at arm's length and by God I was going to actually talk to somebody about something real for a change. I just came away feeling like a failure and that I didn't get through to her.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66624 on: October 18, 2013, 06:57:15 pm »

I've been awkward and had trouble expressing myself to others in the past, but for some reason a distant friend of mine elected to share that she was going through some major depression. I resolved that I was done keeping people at arm's length and by God I was going to actually talk to somebody about something real for a change. I just came away feeling like a failure and that I didn't get through to her.
Well, keep talking and being a support. You may have done more than you realize.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66625 on: October 18, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »

If you got across the point that you care about the person you've seriously done a lot for them. I know firsthand sometimes that it doesn't look like you've done a lot but you did. Just keep it up, you're doing a great thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66626 on: October 18, 2013, 07:45:33 pm »

... isn't that not the full equation, anyway? If my memory's not failing me, e=mc2 is bullshit, of a sorts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66627 on: October 18, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »

Eggs hate Einstein.
Dinosaurs laid eggs.
Therefore Einstein traved back in time using the fact that e=mc^2 is bullshit to kill the dinosaurs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66628 on: October 18, 2013, 07:59:23 pm »

Einstein bro. Don't question.

Anyway back ontopic. My lady's been at art school, and she's got a crazy professor who is impossible for her to appease. She tries to do creative things for him like take an abstract cutout representation of a building and making the overall shape out of letters and gives her a "C+" because "your letterform is poor and there's too much white space". He then goes to give a kid with sloppy presentation a B. So she's getting burned out of her favorite thing in the world.

And I can't do anything to help her feel better because I'm twelve hours and a nation away by car.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66629 on: October 18, 2013, 10:54:11 pm »

... isn't that not the full equation, anyway? If my memory's not failing me, e=mc2 is bullshit, of a sorts.
It's accurate in the same way the Pythagorean Theorem is accurate: simplification.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4440 4441 [4442] 4443 4444 ... 8167