Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455034 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6615 on: June 06, 2010, 01:16:59 am »

It's my observation that moderation seems almost entirely random. For almost any given situation that ends in a lock/ban/mute, there are equivalent or worse things that go completely unnoticed until they die on their own. It's kind of scary, actually, because you can't just follow the observable boundaries of etiquette (which come off as quite a ways beyond a literal interpretation of the rules) and expect to be fine.

Now, sometimes it's quite obvious when someone steps over any acceptable line (and even then, punishment is fairly rare), while other times there's nothing out of the ordinary, yet all hell rains down on seemingly random participants (like poor Neruz :'().

I'm not, however, afraid to say this, because I know Toady is mature enough not to flip shit over mild criticism, unlike mods in some other forums...

The inconsistencies are probably more about what does and doesn't get reported than about the moderators' actions per se.

e: yeah, more or less beaten.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: June 06, 2010, 02:14:12 am »

That occurs to me, but I also have a hard time believing that anything that's even as mild as friendly debate goes unreported by overly sensitive third parties. And then people who are flaming others outright go untouched (or at least unmentioned, though that seems restricted to people with low post counts and spambots), even in threads that get moderated. :-\
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: June 06, 2010, 03:00:48 am »

I guess it's less about content and more about sensitivity. If everyone's chill (not reporting and making a fuss) it's acceptable, and when people start doing the unstoppable-force/immovable-object thing it gets removed.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: June 06, 2010, 03:05:22 am »

I think it's because the Adams's only trouble with threads that are actually reported that the unstoppable-force vs immovable-object fights last as long as they do.  After a few posts of OS wars or Israel/Palestine bullshit, only the people actually in the argument give a shit anymore, and neither/none of the them are going to report anything, partly because they don't want the fight to end (without winning anyway), and partly because they know even if they did report it, they'd get muted along with the other side of the fight.

That occurs to me, but I also have a hard time believing that anything that's even as mild as friendly debate goes unreported by overly sensitive third parties. And then people who are flaming others outright go untouched (or at least unmentioned, though that seems restricted to people with low post counts and spambots), even in threads that get moderated. :-\

I'm not even sure what you think you mean.  I just know there's this recurrent idea that somehow Toady One and Three Toe are incompetent webhosts, and I will hear none of that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: June 06, 2010, 04:31:50 am »

Hi vester

Also, 28 Weeks Later made me sad/scared.

WHYYYYY WAS DON SUCH A DIIIIICKKK
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: June 06, 2010, 04:44:23 am »

Hi vester

Also, 28 Weeks Later made me sad/scared.

WHYYYYY WAS DON SUCH A DIIIIICKKK
FOOOR THE LOOOLS

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: June 06, 2010, 04:46:30 am »

Man, I feel so bad for his wife/kids/everyone in the UK and France, possibly the world for BEING SO FUCKING STUPID TO KISS HIS FUCKING WIFE WHO WAS FUCKING INFECTED BY THE FUCKING RAGE VIRUS FRRRFFAASDASDARRGLBRARLBLARGHL

I think I got infected by his sheer stupid.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: June 06, 2010, 04:56:43 am »

I think it's because the Adams's only trouble with threads that are actually reported that the unstoppable-force vs immovable-object fights last as long as they do.  After a few posts of OS wars or Israel/Palestine bullshit, only the people actually in the argument give a shit anymore, and neither/none of the them are going to report anything, partly because they don't want the fight to end (without winning anyway), and partly because they know even if they did report it, they'd get muted along with the other side of the fight.

The only people who really report those threads are the ones who pop in and see people calling each other unlearned fuckheads (is that a word, Firefox? Really?) or something and after that never touch those sorts of threads again ever, which happens rarely enough that it's uncommon that the Adams brothers get called in.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: June 06, 2010, 08:07:22 am »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: June 06, 2010, 09:54:03 am »

Yeah Reasonableman hasn't been on Steam since a month ago.

...after re-reading Reasonableman said he was depressed.

:'[

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: June 06, 2010, 12:52:37 pm »

Perhaps the computers broke, or he is just taking some self-time? I miss him too, hoping he comes back ok.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: June 06, 2010, 01:29:50 pm »

I don't think he's coming back guys. He was pretty set on his ideas about himself and he wasn't doing anything to change things to make his situation any better. Not to mention he didn't feel important or whatever here so even if he was around he might just not be associating with here anymore.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: June 06, 2010, 02:25:51 pm »

Yeah, but to just up and disappear off Steam and everything?  He always seemed more, well, reasonable than that to me.  But hey, I what do I know.

So, I just found out I do have human empathy.  I left the TV on the Science channel, and this program about Dede Koswara came on.  Better known as "The Treeman" for entirely obvious reasons.  Seriously, those pictures don't go justice to what it looked like on the show.  That is some seriously sad and scary stuff, to just be going along one day, and bam the natural world takes a giant shit on you.  Also sad to find out those medieval stories of mutants and curses and stuff weren't as crazy as I thought from my comfortable perch in the modern world.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:44 pm »

I've completely disappeared from a few places in my day.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: June 06, 2010, 02:49:27 pm »

My brother, his girlfriend, and her son just came over to barbecue and he asked me to clean out the grill. I was about to get started when my mom was telling him to just stay. My mom wasn't feeling good and the house wasn't clean, unlike every other day, so she was pissed. My brother decided to leave because of how she was acting. Normally, I couldn't care less, but I feel like crying for some reason. :'(

EDIT: He decided to stay and I'm happy, now. :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 02:50:59 pm by Jack_Bread »
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 8167