Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4403 4404 [4405] 4406 4407 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422996 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66060 on: September 26, 2013, 11:39:03 pm »

Not even that, I'm actually watching it on DVD from the library. . . Third season for me right now.

Unfortunately I got spoiled by watching a few episodes at my cousin's house in elementary school and my pointlessly detailed memory.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66061 on: September 26, 2013, 11:43:53 pm »

Unfortunately I got spoiled by watching a few episodes at my cousin's house in elementary school and my pointlessly detailed memory.

Spoiled... On MASH...

I don't know why I'm always surprised at people who don't remember as much of MASH as I do, since I can name three channels that played it at least two hours a day most of my life.  One channel actually played episodes in chronological order, and I wound up watching the entire series twice in the course of a school year.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66062 on: September 26, 2013, 11:45:41 pm »

That thing about Radar was a pretty big deal okay
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #66063 on: September 27, 2013, 01:10:19 am »

http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge link since it was up a bit. I scored....93 :( I'm not color blind! I swear those things keep changing colors each time you move them! Going to try again when I am not tired and getting bored near the end of the test.
Got a 0. Welp, guess I'm not colorblind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66064 on: September 27, 2013, 01:47:12 am »

My dad's making noise about how he's not sure if he wants to visit before leaving for overseas again because he might be too tired.

You know, that's fine, but don't tell me about it.  Just fuck right on back to your little hole and go back to getting recreationally drunk.  We're done.  You're the one who taught me, more than anyone else, the art of being abused, and I'm suffering from it every day.

I have panic attacks at work, you sleaze.  I feel myself getting lightheaded. . . I can't stop swaying. . . I go lock myself in the bathroom and concentrate on breathing.  I hope no one hears me and I'm grateful for the opportunity to go show my work to my boss, who says things like "great" and "perfect" and "you're catching on really fast."  When I earn it.  Rather than, from him, the inevitable: "I don't think it's your best. . ."

And I'm grateful to go see my co-translator, who fusses over whether I'm eating and sleeping enough and working too hard every time I see him.  Every time, without exception.  And he worries when I don't contact him back.

Well, it looks like a couple of calls in after years of neglect my dad decided he was done with that.  So fuck him.

Fuck all this.  There's people in my life who have never tried to one-up me or belittle me, and I'm going with them.  That's it.  That's my decision.  I'm giving up on the ones who hurt me, and I'm going with the ones who are willing to help even though I'm damaged goods.  I'm not putting up with this anymore.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66065 on: September 27, 2013, 02:01:38 am »

I'm giving up on the ones who hurt me, and I'm going with the ones who are willing to help even though I'm damaged goods.  I'm not putting up with this anymore.
There is wisdom here.

In unrelated news, I have been told of things. Things I never wished to know. That is to say, narration of a shock video. I must sleep sometime, yet I fear for what my dreams may be.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66066 on: September 27, 2013, 02:10:46 am »

I'm giving up on the ones who hurt me, and I'm going with the ones who are willing to help even though I'm damaged goods.  I'm not putting up with this anymore.
There is wisdom here.
Yes, there is.

Forget those people, you deserve better than that garbage.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66067 on: September 27, 2013, 02:14:27 am »

I get paranoid enough as it is that I might have inherited my dad's colour blindness.
I'm still amazed by the fact that there are adult people who don't know that they are colorblind. You could test yourself with this here thing.

Whoah. That was sorta terrifying. I think my monitor+poor lighting didn't help, but I tried my best.

...What does that even mean, really? That my colour-blindness is pretty evenly spaced over different colours? ???
I'm not really sure quite how accurate such a test is, really. I mean, I'm no expert, but with a couple of those I could see one colour better than the other, and it was more of a process of elimination- "oh, this tile doesn't have much of X colour, so it must belong closer to Y," and that sort of thing.
Man, at first I was still terrified about it, but doing that test reminded me of an awesome book I read- Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde. Nothing to do with Fifty shades, so don't ask. It involves a distant future where society is divided according to what colour they can perceive. One of my favourite books, I've read it several times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66068 on: September 27, 2013, 02:35:48 am »

I think mine is worse...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66069 on: September 27, 2013, 03:07:22 am »

I tried this whole color test thing, but I got bored about halfway through. I wasn't going to spend 45 minutes doing something I was really only doing for the peer pressure.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66070 on: September 27, 2013, 03:16:32 am »

Ain't no peer pressure here. :P Do it, or don't, nobody's forcing you.

New sad: Hearing seems especially bad today. Went into town to do stuff, bumped into someone I know and could barely hear what they were saying to me. Probably acted really awkward, I dunno. Although at least after that I bought myself a couple of books and chatted with the shopkeeper, just to reassure myself that I could interact with my fellow humans, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66071 on: September 27, 2013, 03:19:35 am »

Fuck yeah 0.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66072 on: September 27, 2013, 05:21:53 am »

I tried this whole color test thing, but I got bored about halfway through. I wasn't going to spend 45 minutes doing something I was really only doing for the peer pressure.
No pressure at all in there Allee! It's just numbers..and it seems to vary every time I do it around the ~15/10 range.

Anyway, very sad here because of someone I see who's a really good person. . .seemingly ignore any kind of messages sent towards them. I have no idea where I went wrong.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66073 on: September 27, 2013, 09:19:31 am »

I get paranoid enough as it is that I might have inherited my dad's colour blindness.
I'm still amazed by the fact that there are adult people who don't know that they are colorblind. You could test yourself with this here thing.

Some of those were tricky for me, particularly in the shades of grey-blue-green. A little bit of shuffling and comparing cleared it up, though; it's easier to tell colors apart when they're 2 stages removed, instead of directly adjacent to neighboring colors.

My dad's making noise about how he's not sure if he wants to visit before leaving for overseas again because he might be too tired.

You know, that's fine, but don't tell me about it.  Just fuck right on back to your little hole and go back to getting recreationally drunk.  We're done.

Cultivating positive interactions between you and those around you, and pruning harmful relationships that won't improve, are not always easy... but they're pretty important to living a more rich and satisfying life. I'm really sorry to hear how things are between you two, but if that part of your life needs pruning to preserve your happiness and well being, good job on making that decision.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66074 on: September 27, 2013, 10:20:25 am »

I got like 60 or something.
Pages: 1 ... 4403 4404 [4405] 4406 4407 ... 8167