Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4367 4368 [4369] 4370 4371 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419442 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65520 on: September 08, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »

While you *can* twirl in a kilt, kilts are fundamentally anti-twirling.
Also, since you aren't supposed to wear anything under a kilt, it would mentally scar anyone watching.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65521 on: September 08, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »

While you *can* twirl in a kilt, kilts are fundamentally anti-twirling.
Also, since you aren't supposed to wear anything under a kilt, it would mentally scar anyone watching.
That's the fun of it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65522 on: September 08, 2013, 10:46:00 pm »

There's always robes, but depending on where you are, people may just assume it's a dress.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65523 on: September 08, 2013, 11:34:32 pm »

Grandparent decided to have sardines for dinner.

Oh gods.

The smell.

I think. I think I had gone my life without actually being subjected to that, before. And now. Now it has blanketed about half the house. It is not a happy smell. It is a sad smell.

Maybe it's a product of growing up on fish, and being introduced to smoked sardines with mustard at an early age... but I like the smell. And it's probably the most umami-tasting food I know of. Surprisingly good!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65524 on: September 09, 2013, 12:01:44 am »

It definitely is a product thereof. S'not the only food I've heard of like that, really (collard greens, goddamn -- most of the family loves the smell but it's just about enough to run me out of a house, and there's a couple foods I love the smell of that just about runs my mother off). F'me... I ate enough fish early on, but I never really liked the taste and somewhere around 7-8 years old I just stopped eating seafood in general. Cue many moons later and now a strong enough seafood stench smell can actually make me nauseous. Takes more than your average seafood restaurant (which just throws me off my appetite a little), and non-fish (shrimp/crab/etc.) is a bit worse than most fish, but yeah. That concentrated sardine smell was enough to physically give me a minor headache. Terrible, terrible.

Nearly on the level of fermented beans, t'be honest. While I've never smelled, say, natto, I have smelled frozen beans that went to rot when a freezer went out, and I can say with a fair amount of confidence that you'd have about as much trouble getting me to willingly put that stuff in me as you'd have getting me to willingly put a bullet in me. Maybe less. Some fates are worse than death/maiming.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:05:04 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65525 on: September 09, 2013, 12:33:02 am »

Majorly fucked up today. To the point where I'm afraid my job is on the line.

I've never held a job for more than a few months. I'm in debt up to my armpits from student loans. My family can't support me; hell, they were hoping that I could help out financially once I got into the swing of things.

If I lose this job, I genuinely don't know what I'll do. There won't be many options left at that point.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65526 on: September 09, 2013, 12:43:05 am »

Majorly fucked up today. To the point where I'm afraid my job is on the line.

Don't get ahead of yourself now. If the job is as important to you as you say, do what you can to soften whatever happened, and avoid having something similar happen in the future, yeah?

Also, if you do lose the job, you can apply for unemployment, food assistance, etc., until you find new work. You can also look into a local university, decide on something you want to study, and go to schoo full time, living off Federal Education Grants (these are awarded based on your income, you can get them for 5+ years, and you never have to pay them back), Scholarships (hundreds of thousands of dollars of which go unclaimed at most universities every semester), and even subsidized loans if necessary (which don't accrue interest until you're done with school and ready to start paying on them). Since you're on your own, you'll probably be eligible for a pretty big Federal Grant Check each semester, and you can live simply but comfortably on what's leftover after your Tuition is paid.

Chin up. Whatever happens, there are always options.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65527 on: September 09, 2013, 12:55:10 am »

I don't qualify for unemployment yet, unless those rules changed in the past couple of years. Thanks to my parents making enough money to just barely fall into middle class, as long as I live with them I don't qualify for any sort of aid, not even federal grants. I would have to move out (with what money?) first. I flunked out of college. I'm pretty much considered unemployable thanks to my shitty work history, a status which would only be cemented if this job also falls through.

There's nothing I can do at this point other than try to get some sleep and hope that I still have a job tomorrow.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65528 on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:02 am »

I don't have a single friend within 100 miles of my house. This is depressing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65529 on: September 09, 2013, 02:30:31 am »

Can't make it into the hockey finals anymore, we needed to win one of the past two games..

3rd or 4th it is.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65530 on: September 09, 2013, 09:58:46 am »

If you don't mind me asking, what happened, Sirus? If you are willing to tell me but don't want to tell the whole world, PM me. <3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65531 on: September 09, 2013, 10:15:03 am »

Nah, its alright. I think the heat and stress of yesterday got to me a little: I spent over an hour driving in circles because I entered the wrong address (ZachAry, not ZachEry!), got to the next location and got lost again, and through all of this the AC wasn't working on a triple-digit California day. Plus I'm stinky, sweaty and dirty because I haven't had a chance to take a shower in several days.

Anyway, it looks like I still have a job, so better get moving.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65532 on: September 09, 2013, 11:42:56 am »

Anger, rage, frustration, sleep deprivation, dehydration, missing my meds and anxiety is bubbling over into sadness.  :(

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #65533 on: September 09, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »

Freetime on weekdays has been a foreign concept to me this school year :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65534 on: September 09, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »

Not the sort of thing you'd expect to see from the source, but this.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-moments-that-prove-mr.-rogers-was-greatest-american/

Unequivocally this.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 4367 4368 [4369] 4370 4371 ... 8167