Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4312 4313 [4314] 4315 4316 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434384 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64695 on: August 12, 2013, 06:10:58 am »

Math is fascinating. One of the things I want to learn in college is higher maths (engineer level? Actually not sure if CS people get advanced math...) so I can know how more complex simulations tick.

But it's not fun in this form =/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64696 on: August 12, 2013, 06:10:58 am »

Oops.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64697 on: August 12, 2013, 07:15:38 am »

Damnit, I' going to see that adult counselor in just a few hours, but I can't quite articulate what I want to say. Just that I've been an emotional mess and I feel I can't muster the motivation to better myself cause of my crippling need to alleviate this deep loneliness that I can't fulfill.

I'm not sure what to do...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64698 on: August 12, 2013, 09:52:43 am »

In my experience, you shouldn't worry too much in advance about what to say. Let it all come out naturally, and answer any of the counselor's questions honestly. You need to be honest so the counselor knows the best way to proceed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64699 on: August 12, 2013, 10:02:35 am »

Studying for an exam on the subject of (roughly translated) IT in business environment. The course contents consists of poorly made nonsensical graphical summaries, meaningless business buzzwords and gratuitous pointless abreviations.

I feel like bashing my head on my desk until the front of my cranium is reduced to dust.

Also feeling increasingly depressed of late, and this pointless dribble sure isn't helping me see any meaning in this existance.

Math is fascinating. One of the things I want to learn in college is higher maths (engineer level? Actually not sure if CS people get advanced math...) so I can know how more complex simulations tick.

Can't say as I don't know where you live, but here in the EU (I think education in all EU members is standrdized anyway) civil engineers don't quite get the level of math you get in a dedicated math/physics uni education. In my experience anyway, I never did continue the education so meh...
Agree that as far as math is concerned, anything short of the real deal is...ugh.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:10:07 am by Jelle »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64700 on: August 12, 2013, 10:09:41 am »

Damnit, I' going to see that adult counselor in just a few hours, but I can't quite articulate what I want to say. Just that I've been an emotional mess and I feel I can't muster the motivation to better myself cause of my crippling need to alleviate this deep loneliness that I can't fulfill.

oh hai me

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64701 on: August 12, 2013, 10:24:16 am »

oh hai me

Ditto. Stranger in a big world, am I right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64702 on: August 12, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »

Don't worry about it, just answer their questions honestly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64703 on: August 12, 2013, 10:07:11 pm »

I don't have anybody to talk to and I feel really alone and sad.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64704 on: August 12, 2013, 10:07:48 pm »

* Descan waves at Cheetar.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64705 on: August 12, 2013, 10:14:40 pm »

Come back to the Mafia subforum?  We miss you, and there's an awesome BYOR in signups...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64706 on: August 12, 2013, 10:19:37 pm »

* Scelly9 hugs you.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64707 on: August 12, 2013, 10:29:33 pm »

* Scelly9 hugs you.
* Cheeetar hugs back.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64708 on: August 12, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »

Can't say as I don't know where you live, but here in the EU (I think education in all EU members is standrdized anyway) civil engineers don't quite get the level of math you get in a dedicated math/physics uni education. In my experience anyway, I never did continue the education so meh...
Agree that as far as math is concerned, anything short of the real deal is...ugh.
Well, I meant computer science... o_O

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #64709 on: August 12, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »

Oddly, I really don't get much out of the video games I used to enjoy a lot.

Starcraft II, etc etc is very different from brood war. Everything seems repetitive. I don't get it ... it seems.

It feels like work, somehow.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 4312 4313 [4314] 4315 4316 ... 8167