Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4309 4310 [4311] 4312 4313 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430027 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64650 on: August 10, 2013, 08:17:11 am »

I really, really have no will to do my job anymore. I'm tired of talking to stupid people who refuse to research when making major purchases. I'm tired of telling stupid teenage hipster wannabes that no, they don't need a macbook air to facebook/youtube. I'm tired of trying to keep up with specs on hundreds of products. Most of all, I'm tired of only working one or two days a week and bringing home less than $100 most weeks. *sigh* I need a new job, or to hit the lottery or something.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64651 on: August 10, 2013, 10:46:31 am »

I want to do stuff like a tit-for-tat simulation maybe, and thay roguelike Chartered Waters, but life plagues me with stress. So hard

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64652 on: August 10, 2013, 01:49:35 pm »

Steam is keeping me in offline mode. It does not help that my brother is playing the exact same game I want to play in the other room.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64653 on: August 10, 2013, 08:19:56 pm »

I am a little bit embarrassed by how much I've been talking and thinking about money recently.

I also seem to have lost my creative powers entirely.  Very suddenly.

Coincidence?!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64654 on: August 10, 2013, 08:24:23 pm »

Origami dollar bills in retaliation?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64655 on: August 10, 2013, 08:29:50 pm »

I am a little bit embarrassed by how much I've been talking and thinking about money recently.

I also seem to have lost my creative powers entirely.  Very suddenly.

Coincidence?!
Your powers of creativity are tied to your humbleness and poverty?

It's obvious this money is going to be a burden to great for you to bear, perhaps I should take it off of you and bear the burden myself.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:31:49 pm by Pnx »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64656 on: August 10, 2013, 08:32:44 pm »

Pretty much.

I'm sure I'll go back to the humility soon.  I just kind of ... I didn't expect to ever have money that wasn't earmarked for something in particular, and I'm having a hard time dealing with it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64657 on: August 10, 2013, 08:35:13 pm »

Donate it to Kiva?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64658 on: August 10, 2013, 08:37:39 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking about that.  I think I'm going to hold onto it for now with the point of view that PHILANTHROPY and SCIENCE are general desirable outcomes, to be pursued a bit later.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64659 on: August 10, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »

Reason I said Kiva is since, IIRC, you get the money back. It's micro-investments.

So your money would be doing good while you're thinking of what you want to do with it in finality.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64660 on: August 10, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »

Hmm... good idea.  Maybe I'll do that, then.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64661 on: August 10, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »

And then, 100 years from now, you can give the massive accumulation of investment money to your great-great grandchildren/uplifted dog/AI dinosaur.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64662 on: August 10, 2013, 09:01:34 pm »

GREENBACKS FOR THE PLANT GOD

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64663 on: August 11, 2013, 01:41:34 am »

Feeling tired. Stressed about schoolwork mostly everyday. Everyday mostly busy. Lacking sleep. Tiredly tired. Lacking motivation. Can't study well for uni.

Feeling dead instead >__>

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64664 on: August 11, 2013, 01:49:46 am »

Feeling tired. Stressed about schoolwork mostly everyday. Everyday mostly busy. Lacking sleep. Tiredly tired. Lacking motivation. Can't study well for uni.

Feeling dead instead >__>

Aww D:  I think you'll really enjoy the game that's about to start...

Pages: 1 ... 4309 4310 [4311] 4312 4313 ... 8167