Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4308 4309 [4310] 4311 4312 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429291 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64635 on: August 08, 2013, 07:52:09 pm »

Apparently an old game I remember playing, called Sneakers, is a phantom, because all I've found on it is an ancient IGN article from 2002 and a Wikipedia/tvtropes stub.

It may have been rated a 2.0 by IGN, but it doesn't so much as have a Let's Play. Was the game that forgettable?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64636 on: August 08, 2013, 08:04:20 pm »

Man... about to start the endgame for ME3...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64637 on: August 08, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »

Apparently an old game I remember playing, called Sneakers, is a phantom, because all I've found on it is an ancient IGN article from 2002 and a Wikipedia/tvtropes stub.

It may have been rated a 2.0 by IGN, but it doesn't so much as have a Let's Play. Was the game that forgettable?
Found it. Have fun!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64638 on: August 08, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »

I'm watching "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance", and the lead character, who is deaf, started crying. That was the saddest thing ever.
Mer. T_T

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64639 on: August 09, 2013, 12:41:16 am »

Man... about to start the endgame for ME3...
Oh.
Ooh.
Ah.
Yeah, I'll see you in another thread.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64640 on: August 09, 2013, 03:11:42 am »

The approaching  second semester and midterm exam is starting to stress me. I've also not programmed last couple days, plus the long march that's school in general is probably going to make me feel even worse.

Lots of things to do, not doing them =/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64641 on: August 09, 2013, 06:05:45 am »

Been feeling like I'm gonna hurl all day. So, time for greasy fish and chips!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64642 on: August 09, 2013, 07:19:27 am »

Finished another day at work. And I'm driving home completely focused on all the small mistakes I keep making and I'm not sure if other people are taking offense at them. I'm just so fixated on all the small mistakes I make on a daily basis, at work, on the road, at home, everywhere. It always seems to be the small mistakes I'm not expecting to completely fuck me over. I feel if I just didn't make one small mistake, I wouldn't be the lonely, miserable mess of a man I am today. But I did, so I am.

I called and left an message on an adult therapist's answering machine. I don't know if he'll call me back. I'm usually a fairly eloquent person, but calling a place like that makes me feel so pathetic, I keep stammering and hesitating, I just sound like this socially inept retard. I just hate myself.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64643 on: August 09, 2013, 12:25:39 pm »

Besides, if an adult therapist dismisses someone calling in because they're not eloquent or don't sound on-top of their game... Well they're not a very good therapist, are they? :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64644 on: August 09, 2013, 12:57:59 pm »

today i want a sword

but i have no sword

this is rather sad

especially since i practiced swordplay a long time ago with a replica and it was rather satisfying though the group who owned the things had no idea how anything operated besides the utter basics (not like it wasn't more about fun than historical accuracy though) plus i had my own round shield and other nice things which are gone now but i still have fond memories of smacking blade against blade while jumping around like a frog on a dozen different illegal substances also shield usage

even if i had a sword i would have nowhere to use it legally because said group has probably disbanded by now and i'd have to join these reenactors who would end up with me beheaded over my ahistorical use of parrying technique or other such bullshit

* LordSlowpoke shudders.

i guess it's sticking to wizardry for me...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64645 on: August 09, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »

Where do you live? I could see if there are any Armizare groups in your area.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64646 on: August 09, 2013, 03:43:42 pm »

DnD was cancelled tonight, drat. I was hoping to see what antics I'd get up to next.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64647 on: August 09, 2013, 04:04:42 pm »

today i want a sword

but i have no sword

this is rather sad

especially since i practiced swordplay a long time ago with a replica and it was rather satisfying though the group who owned the things had no idea how anything operated besides the utter basics (not like it wasn't more about fun than historical accuracy though) plus i had my own round shield and other nice things which are gone now but i still have fond memories of smacking blade against blade while jumping around like a frog on a dozen different illegal substances also shield usage

even if i had a sword i would have nowhere to use it legally because said group has probably disbanded by now and i'd have to join these reenactors who would end up with me beheaded over my ahistorical use of parrying technique or other such bullshit

* LordSlowpoke shudders.

You may want to try LARPing, it's nothing like what most folk imagine. Depends on the event, but most of the time it's basically camping + light roleplay if you are into that + totally ahistorical over the top fights with ugly foam weapons. If you go with friends even the cheesiest LARP event can be fun, if only to poke fun at the ridiculous shit going on.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64648 on: August 09, 2013, 05:30:56 pm »

I procrastinated too much but not beyond the point of saving. But yeah, I should do more of that spreading work out thing.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64649 on: August 09, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »

today i want a sword

but i have no sword

this is rather sad

* LordSlowpoke shudders.

You may want to try LARPing, it's nothing like what most folk imagine. Depends on the event, but most of the time it's basically camping + light roleplay if you are into that + totally ahistorical over the top fights with ugly foam weapons. If you go with friends even the cheesiest LARP event can be fun, if only to poke fun at the ridiculous shit going on.

Yeah, there's a pretty large variety in LARPing.  Plenty of games, such as White Wolf stuff, are completely roleplay with something like paper/scissors/rock taking the place of dice. 

On the other hand, I played once with a group that gathered in a park and were super intense.  Around 20 people.  Very physical.  Several of them dressed up in full armor, and one of them was infamous for carrying a person who was in-character unconscious several miles in 85F weather while wearing genuine head-to-toe double chainmail.  They went to great lengths to set up fully acted out adventures for the characters, and they would rotate each session who would get to play their characters and who would play monsters and otherwise facilitate. 

My favorite part was when like 7 of us simulated an orc horde.  They positioned us at the top of a hill and around a corner out of sight from the main party with a big cache of weapons.  It was a good 20 seconds full sprint away.  Our job was to grab a random weapon, run screaming at the party and put up a good fight for several seconds before dying, then crawl away from the scene, run back up the hill, grab a different weapon, and run back into the fight.  Over and over again for like 15 minutes, while doing our best to keep the entire party constantly occupied with fighting.  Did a similar, but less intense, sort of thing for the big boss fight at the end of the adventure.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4308 4309 [4310] 4311 4312 ... 8167