Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4246 4247 [4248] 4249 4250 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423106 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63705 on: July 15, 2013, 07:47:15 pm »

I created a thread and it got locked in exactly two hours.

I feel bad now. Sorry Toady. :\

On the other hand it's a nice change of pace from people generally ignoring my comments and threads, so I have that going for me.
Yeah I glanced through the first page and just moved on. I try to avoid those doomed topics. They're unhealthy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63706 on: July 16, 2013, 02:06:30 am »

I created a thread and it got locked in exactly two hours.

I feel bad now. Sorry Toady. :\

On the other hand it's a nice change of pace from people generally ignoring my comments and threads, so I have that going for me.
What was this one about?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63707 on: July 16, 2013, 04:42:42 am »

*Sad about personal things. General depression over trivial matters. Blub blub.*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:59:55 am by Tiruin »

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63708 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:39 am »

I still haven't heard from my offline friend who has been missing for a while now. I hope he's okay.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Scionwoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63709 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:25 pm »

[WARNING:CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE LAST OF US]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p9pIOUeSDeU http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MPRL0xali4c

These videos sent shivers down my spine and ya, made me sad kind of.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63710 on: July 16, 2013, 04:09:15 pm »

My family out here seems to think that I'm super ditzy and a tad anti-social. None of these are accurate, really, at all. It's just, I only live out here for the Summer, and I don't know why, but things that portray that image happen only when I'm out here. Like, this morning, I pulled some cinnamon rolls out of the grocery bag, and put them straight on the counter, and next thing I now, in ten minutes everyone is laughing at me because the box was upside down. :S Things like this keep happening, and I have no idea why they only happen during the Summer.

And then, every time they learn that I'm speaking to a girl (90% of my friends are female), they refuse to think that there can be a relationship between two people of opposite genders that aren't sexually attracted to each other. Yes, I chat with my best friend, who is a female, nearly daily. No, there is absolutely no romantic interest there. I mean, the fact that she's gay isn't even relevant, I have plenty of non-gay friends who are female and also not romantically interested. Yet, I've been straight out told that "girls don't go to all that effort to talk to boys if they aren't interested", which basically discounts nearly every friendship I have.

And also, I am not anything like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. Please, just cease that comparison. I was slightly okay with that show at first but the more I have seen it the more I dislike it.

Yup, my family is driving me up the wall.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63711 on: July 16, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

"girls don't go to all that effort to talk to boys if they aren't interested"
"Hng, my jaw aches so much from this talking, I need to conserve my energy. I cannot keep conversing for long like this without a motivation. Too. Exhausting"

If anyone has ever said anything even to the effect of that then I will be surprised.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63712 on: July 16, 2013, 04:28:47 pm »

"Hng, my jaw aches so much from this talking, I need to conserve my energy. I cannot keep conversing for long like this without a motivation. Too. Exhausting"

If anyone has ever said anything even to the effect of that then I will be surprised.
Pssh, she's off far away now, so it's not even as hard as moving a jaw. It's typing things out on a keyboard!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63713 on: July 16, 2013, 04:30:28 pm »

Pssh, she's off far away now, so it's not even as hard as moving a jaw. It's typing things out on a keyboard!
No, my fingers. Do you know how much stress I'm putting on them by typing on this keyboard? It's basically the same as being in a torture chamber full of burning snakes made of thumbscrews! So. Much. Effort!

I guess the moral of the story is that everybody's family is morons.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63714 on: July 16, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »

I have thought pretty much this exact thing.

Though honestly the listening part of a conversation is much more effort than the talking part. Ugh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63715 on: July 16, 2013, 08:29:50 pm »

Me, too.  But I usually shut down around people I like a lot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63716 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:45 pm »

Quote from: Luis de Góngora - Letrilla
Fortune gives gifts not according to the book:
Flutes for whistles, and whistles for flutes.

How different the paths followed by Fortune in distributing honors and possessions:
She gives great estates to some, and penitent cloaks to others.

Sometimes she will strip the most important goatherd of his home and all his goods;
Sometimes, for the poor man, the lame goat gives birth to a pair of kids.

In matters of love she'll give a thousand joys one day, then, with a sudden turn, take them all away:
To one countless favors, to another none.

One poor boy stole a single egg, and is swinging in the air,
While the author of a hundred crimes strolls in the sun.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63717 on: July 16, 2013, 09:24:49 pm »

I have thought pretty much this exact thing.

Though honestly the listening part of a conversation is much more effort than the talking part. Ugh.
Me, too.  But I usually shut down around people I like a lot.
I'll throw my hat in with this one too.

I'm much better with this conversation stuff when I'm not giving a crap... I need to learn relax and not give a crap what people think of me more.

<snip>
Lamenting the orchestrations of our whimsical universe again Soli?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63718 on: July 16, 2013, 09:31:19 pm »

"Capricious" is probably a better word than "whimsical." Implies more amorality and uncaring.

* kaijyuu was recently educated on the minute differences between the words.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63719 on: July 16, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »

Something's missing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4246 4247 [4248] 4249 4250 ... 8167