Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4237 4238 [4239] 4240 4241 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424232 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63570 on: July 10, 2013, 01:40:08 pm »

Considering a foetus cannot get fertile offspring with it's own mother, I think it's safe to say they are not of the same species.

So yes, a foetus is obviously a parasite :v

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63571 on: July 10, 2013, 01:41:51 pm »

Considering a foetus cannot get fertile offspring with it's own mother, I think it's safe to say they are not of the same species.

*squints*

Oh, huh.  I guess I really _don't_ read things carefully.  Carry on.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63572 on: July 10, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »

School, and the prospect of high school puzzle-y math for a whole year and a half more just exhausts me hard.
Not to mention the other tests I need to take to qualify for a hopefully good US uni.
I hope you also have a somewhat thick skin, or are good at ignoring people, because it's guaranteed you'll find racist arseholes.
You know, most of people that do go to universities aren't a bunch of racists buuut it might be a good idea to stay out of the southern states other than Austin, Texas.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #63573 on: July 10, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »

psst

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglerfish#Reproduction
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63574 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:05 pm »

School, and the prospect of high school puzzle-y math for a whole year and a half more just exhausts me hard.
Not to mention the other tests I need to take to qualify for a hopefully good US uni.
I hope you also have a somewhat thick skin, or are good at ignoring people, because it's guaranteed you'll find racist arseholes.
You know, most of people that do go to universities aren't a bunch of racists buuut it might be a good idea to stay out of the southern states other than Austin, Texas.
Yes, because the North and West and Midwest are bastions of racial tolerance and harmony.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63575 on: July 10, 2013, 03:07:55 pm »

psst

=D

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #63576 on: July 10, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »

psst

=D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Gvo8QeIhg
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63577 on: July 10, 2013, 04:25:39 pm »

Also, I think I have the flu.
Same here. Feeling absolutely rotten. Hope we both feel better soon. This is my fourth absence in the last 365 days too and so I'll be in a fair amount of trouble when I go back to work.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63578 on: July 10, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

Yes, because the North and West and Midwest are bastions of racial tolerance and harmony.  ::)
no, but theres alot more friendlier locations

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63579 on: July 10, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »

So today I did a bunch of cleaning, nearly hit a police car (I swear he just hurtled out of nowhere), and I suspect I might have to make some adjustments for the new computer fan I've gotten.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63580 on: July 10, 2013, 09:16:03 pm »

Also, I think I have the flu.
Same here. Feeling absolutely rotten. Hope we both feel better soon. This is my fourth absence in the last 365 days too and so I'll be in a fair amount of trouble when I go back to work.

I'm okay, fortunately.  My job is 5 weeks => absolutely no room for lateness or absences.

Another fucking terrible day today (13 hours!  Thank god for all those long days at Berkeley) but tomorrow and Friday will be very, very easy.  I feel pretty left out being the only teacher out of the three of us co-teaching who doesn't speak Spanish, but whatever.  I'll deal.

Less than five minutes into the actual playing part of Batman... "You hit like a girl!"

I think this will be fun, but man, I'm going to need to remember that it's a particular kind of fun.

EDIT: Actually, I'd love to play a segment as Oracle.  She seems pretty cool.  And I actually even sort of like Harley Quinn, too.  It was probably just turning on the game to be met with that right away that bothered me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:56:06 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63581 on: July 10, 2013, 09:50:39 pm »

I am sick of having people's moms call me after 9:00PM sobbing. Usually drug addicts in the process of taking down their entire families financially. In this case, mom co signed on an auto loan--kid arrested, car towed, and placed in lot. Per day fees will eventually let lot owner take car .... If that happens, mom is on hook for car's loan value....

So I can either let that happen or do a limited power of attorney to get the car back for free (at a financial and time loss to myself that I can't afford). Meanwhile, this is yet again another person making my life difficult at best.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63582 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:46 pm »

But don't you know? Lawyers are evil people who only care about money?

Ohh wait... that is just a myth.

(Mind you it took me a while to find the source of this myth)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63583 on: July 10, 2013, 10:11:55 pm »

The source of that myth, simple: large corporations, like insurance companies.

Lawyers = the only chance you have of not being screwed every way possible.

Make lawyers go broke and look bad = getting rid of that part above....

Frankly, I can't even do this practically.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63584 on: July 10, 2013, 10:51:07 pm »

I can't claim the free $30 eshop credits once SMT IV comes out because I purchased Fire Emblem Awakening prior to linking my 3DS to Club Nintendo instead of afterwards :(
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 4237 4238 [4239] 4240 4241 ... 8167