Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4169 4170 [4171] 4172 4173 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435799 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62550 on: June 08, 2013, 09:21:31 am »

I swim in a disturbingly similar fashion to that of OoT Link.

And Frumple apparently swims like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62551 on: June 08, 2013, 09:27:16 am »

Swimming, and water in general is pretty freaking awesome. I especially love breath diving since it's the closest I'll get to unasisted flight in a while it seems. Plus it's damn healthy if the water isn't dirty or too cold.

Anyways, the sads. Not sure, just been feeling drained and tired the past week or so, can barely be bothered to post that honestly. Also pretty much the entirety of my body hurts in one way or another, the neck and back especially because I've spent my time either sitting awkwardly or sleeping in a bed of not the best quality (it's quite small and somewhat hard).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62552 on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:19 am »

Well, it's not like I hate water that much. It's just that... I do not know how to stay afloat.

@Soli: Thanks a bunch; will keep that in mind, because I lack technique and tend to capsize underwater. No, srsly
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62553 on: June 08, 2013, 01:25:45 pm »

Not to be offensive in any way, but I've never quite understood how someone could not swim. o.O It seems pretty instinctive to me. I didn't really have to learn how to swim so much, my parents just took me to a local pool and let me play in the 'not-deep-enough-to-kill-your-silly-little-ass' end until I got the hang of it. I never had instruction in swimming until I was like 13 or so, and my grandpa taught me how to do the frog-swim thing and reverse breaststroke.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62554 on: June 08, 2013, 01:36:25 pm »

My parents say I can swim, but I tend to need one of those floater things or I kinda end up panicking. I also don't know how to ride a bike.

I do know how to tie my shoelaces. SO HAH.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62555 on: June 08, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »

Nearly drowned when I was a little kid, pretty much a toddler, really too small to do it.  Mom couldn't afford pool membership (whoohoo!) so she made me stick my face in a pan of water on the kitchen floor to try to get over my fear.  Made it worse.  Now I have panic attacks upon being immersed in water, so I don't swim well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #62556 on: June 08, 2013, 01:40:19 pm »

I can't swim because no one taught me that mystical craft v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62557 on: June 08, 2013, 01:41:29 pm »

Physiology probably has something to do with it, Hans. S'like I said, I can't tread water... do exactly what Soli listed out (and a couple variations on that theme over the years), actually had a couple goes where there was someone literally there moving my limbs in the apparently correct way, and... still sunk. Treading just doesn't seem to work for me. Expand outward to other forms of water interaction and, welp.

And yikes, Vec. I did almost drown when I was much younger (during swimming lessons, of all things ::)), but fortunately managed to come back from it without anything permanent. Is shame to not be able to, really. Swimming around under the water is pretty great :(

Now, boats... boats kinda' terrify me. Riding in them, anyway. Ruddy bullfrogs.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62558 on: June 08, 2013, 01:43:02 pm »

I actually almost drowned in a pool when I was on holiday. I kinda half remember it, and I don't exactly have any lingering fears of water, it's just that I live in the direct middle of Ireland which is cold as hell and the water's even colder, so it's not a conductive environment for swimming.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62559 on: June 08, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

Nearly drowned when I was a little kid, pretty much a toddler, really too small to do it.  Mom couldn't afford pool membership (whoohoo!) so she made me stick my face in a pan of water on the kitchen floor to try to get over my fear.  Made it worse.  Now I have panic attacks upon being immersed in water, so I don't swim well.
I don't understand how anyone would think that would make it better... >_>

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62560 on: June 08, 2013, 01:45:08 pm »

She was really depressed and really desperate to get out of the shithole she was in, so she got too enthusiastic about certain stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62561 on: June 08, 2013, 01:49:24 pm »

You describe invoking major phobia in your own child as "too enthusiastic"? I thought you said one of your parents was a psychologist?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62562 on: June 08, 2013, 01:51:08 pm »

When i has younger some kid threw me into a pool and ended up bumping my head in the bottom blowing out all of my air. By the time i got back up i was coughing out water and had the strange urge to beat that kid to pieces.

Im fine now but at most part i sink to the bottom now so i need a float vest or at least be under 15 feet of water (can jump out) but never much as a swimmer then and now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62563 on: June 08, 2013, 01:51:24 pm »

Haha, no.

My mom has a BS in art and my dad is a labor historian/mechanical engineer (two masters degrees).  Mom is stay-at-home, dad is work-outside.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62564 on: June 08, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »

That's kinda sad, I'm a really avid swimmer myself...
Pages: 1 ... 4169 4170 [4171] 4172 4173 ... 8167