Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4157 4158 [4159] 4160 4161 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447109 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62370 on: May 30, 2013, 05:28:17 pm »

Around here, if you make a police report and notify the scrapyards with a description of your stolen goods, they are required by law to contact you if an item matching that description is brought in. It's part of a larger law that was put in place after too many people were stealing plumbing, A/C coils, and city light poles for scrap money. Maybe you should see if that works in your country.
I'll check on it, thanks.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62371 on: May 30, 2013, 05:49:23 pm »

Cannot fucking sleep again. Unless I'm absolutely exhausted my nightmares just shock me back into wakefulness after only an hour or so.
Sometimes I get this too. Usually corrects itself if I roll over on my other side. Lately, however, I've been going back to sleep immediately and trying to go back into those nightmares. Since the waking up/sleeping is happening in such quick succession, they become semi-lucid, and can be studied.

My inner mad scientist is strange sometimes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62372 on: May 30, 2013, 05:50:42 pm »

DANG IT! at the rate I am going I am not going to put in any effort to finish my summer projects.

I havn't done any work on Evander Justice's game... Nor have I created a dungeons and dragons setting.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62373 on: May 30, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

Acquaintance of mine started a business recently and won't stop babbling about "growth" and "success" and "thinking positively" while they work something like 16 hours a day.

As far as I can tell their business is running successfully, but there's a creature before me who only speaks in buzzwords where a man once was.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62374 on: May 30, 2013, 06:03:11 pm »

Acquaintance of mine started a business recently and won't stop babbling about "growth" and "success" and "thinking positively" while they work something like 16 hours a day.

As far as I can tell their business is running successfully, but there's a creature before me who only speaks in buzzwords where a man once was.

Is there anything motivation speak can't ruin?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62375 on: May 30, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »

Is there anything motivation speak can't ruin?
No. No there is not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62376 on: May 30, 2013, 06:16:13 pm »

Ice cream. Only things done to the ice-cream ruin ice-cream, presentation means nothing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62377 on: May 30, 2013, 06:17:08 pm »

Job market.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62378 on: May 30, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »

Due to problems with my birth certificate (ie, it was a copy and not an "original"), I could not take my permit test today. I scored above 95% on all of the practice tests too :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62379 on: May 30, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »

... Do you have to go back to Califoooornia to get your original? @_@
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62380 on: May 30, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »

Thankfully, no. My family managed to get an "original copy" from the hospital/county (unsure of the specifics) and are mailing it over. But it does mean I'm essentially a day behind on an already-short course.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62381 on: May 30, 2013, 11:39:39 pm »

My mother has been having an argument with my father about her essay, my father is trying to help her write it, come up with sources, suggest different wordings, etc...

I can only really hear one side of this argument, it's the side she's screaming at the top of her lungs. But apparently she's unhappy with the suggestions he's been making. This then slides off into her criticizing him for being overly controlling, then into her proclaiming he never does anything useful, then into saying that he never does anything she says, that he's useless, that he doesn't have any friends, that nobody would every want anything to do with him... Then somewhere along the way she starts complaining about the clutter in the house, and how it never gets cleaned... which she then protests by throwing things around the house and breaking stuff.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #62382 on: May 30, 2013, 11:40:49 pm »

Thankfully, no. My family managed to get an "original copy" from the hospital/county (unsure of the specifics) and are mailing it over. But it does mean I'm essentially a day behind on an already-short course.

But how do we know you weren't born in Kenya? Checkmate, liberals.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62383 on: May 31, 2013, 05:28:20 am »

I was waiting for someone to make a silly Obama joke :P

Current sad: Had to wake up at 5 am today. To my Pacific time-addled brain, this translates into 3 am ;_;

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62384 on: May 31, 2013, 05:45:05 am »

Mmm... I did that for a couple years, more or less. Somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30, most days. It's not that bad once you adjust.

And once you adjust, you can start waking up at 3 AM their time and chilling for a couple hours, leisurely do the morning ablutions, maybe do breakfast or game a bit or somethin'... it's a really nice way to start the day, I found. Relaxing. Loosens you up for the rest of your day. Does entail going to sleep a bit earlier than most do, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4157 4158 [4159] 4160 4161 ... 8167