Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4140 4141 [4142] 4143 4144 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455294 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62115 on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:00 am »

Debts... T_T Goodbye Paycheck, we only knew each other for a short time, but it wasn't meant to be...
Ha, debts. I'm so poor that I get pre-rejected for credit cards. @_@

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62116 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:33 am »

Debts... T_T Goodbye Paycheck, we only knew each other for a short time, but it wasn't meant to be...
My debt is to my Parents who helped me pay for some BS car insurance. It cost me nearly 1000AUD to keep my Car on the road this year... T_T If the Car insurance didn't hit me it would have cost me prob half that or such. Which I could have easily paid. THEN there is the Board/Rent I pay them weekly that was allowed to be put off as I pay off my Debts...

There are times I wish I could move out of my folks home, then there are times that I am fucking thankful that I am still here...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62117 on: May 21, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

My debt is to my Parents who helped me pay for some BS car insurance. It cost me nearly 1000AUD to keep my Car on the road this year... T_T If the Car insurance didn't hit me it would have cost me prob half that or such. Which I could have easily paid. THEN there is the Board/Rent I pay them weekly that was allowed to be put off as I pay off my Debts...

There are times I wish I could move out of my folks home, then there are times that I am fucking thankful that I am still here...
That's less than I was paying for insurance. I was at ~$129/mo (AUD/USD are almost interchangeable at this point. They're only $.02 apart.) and that didn't cover collision. It was just the state minimum. Getting back on insurance is going to be hella expensive once I get another car.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62118 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:41 am »

That's less than I was paying for insurance. I was at ~$129/mo (AUD/USD are almost interchangeable at this point. They're only $.02 apart.) and that didn't cover collision. It was just the state minimum. Getting back on insurance is going to be hella expensive once I get another car.
There is that fact though that some things are priced differently between USA and AUS... Like Steam Game Prices. Americans would pay less for Civ V then we Aussies do...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62119 on: May 21, 2013, 11:19:17 am »

There is that fact though that some things are priced differently between USA and AUS... Like Steam Game Prices. Americans would pay less for Civ V then we Aussies do...
This is true. I was just pointing out that there was no need to point out differences in dollar strength anymore. According to xe.com, 1.00 USD = 1.01967 AUD.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62120 on: May 21, 2013, 11:38:15 am »

Ooh. . . yeah, I'm sick.  And my back is still killing me four days later.

Gonna goof a bit, and then I have to get back to writing... :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62121 on: May 21, 2013, 11:50:22 am »

This is true. I was just pointing out that there was no need to point out differences in dollar strength anymore. According to xe.com, 1.00 USD = 1.01967 AUD.
[/quote]Its a Habit, mainly to cover my arse if someone goes, "Pfft. thats nothing compared to how much I paid last time," when they are say European or even American where their Insurance would have been at a different value with the same variables. Currency Difference only matters when your literally changing one kind to the other, not when you refer to the goods in question. While it can be a good way of comparing something, its not the set difference...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62122 on: May 21, 2013, 02:03:32 pm »

So I figure that since I have some time, and some free wifi, I should talk about my situation a little.

About two weeks ago, I was feeling the lowest I had felt in a very long time. This led to an... Experiment... Involving about 30x the recommended dose of my prescription medications. Needless to say, my body did not agree with said dosage, and I was taken to the hospital.
When it came time to be discharged, I said I wanted to go home. The nurses called my parents and found that, well, they didn't want me to come home, and in fact, were not going to allow me to come home.
So then I spent some time in a crisis aversion center before being put in a youth shelter, where I stayed for a few nights.
After couch surfing with some friends, my dad contacted me and offered to help me find and pay for a studio apartment until I could get a job to pay for it myself. At this point I was actually surprised he wanted to help at all, having all but disowned me a week prior.
So this is where I am, staying in a cheap motel with free wifi until I can find an apartment. All I have is my phone and my iPad, and apartment hunting is not going well. This is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, but I'm trying my best to hang in there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62123 on: May 21, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »

Don't really have any advice to offer, but... good luck, AC, keep the spirits up, etc. Definitely a shitty situation. Hopefully you'll catch a break, just... remember you actually have to catch it when it comes flying by, et al.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62124 on: May 21, 2013, 02:47:29 pm »

All I can offer are Internet hugs  :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #62125 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:27 pm »

I would do the same but with increased supply their value would drop..

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62126 on: May 21, 2013, 02:59:37 pm »

Ridiculous. Hugs are inflation-proof.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #62127 on: May 21, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »

*hug supply increased*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62128 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:31 pm »

CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL EMBRACES

Okay.  *hug*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #62129 on: May 21, 2013, 03:05:45 pm »

Damn, AlleeCat, that sucks! Good luck to you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4140 4141 [4142] 4143 4144 ... 8167