Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4124 4125 [4126] 4127 4128 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455051 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61875 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:31 am »

I've seen Disaster Movie.

The name described it very well :P. At one point an unborn baby falcon-punched a death-metal chipmunk from inside it's mothers womb.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61876 on: May 15, 2013, 09:15:15 am »

Have to make a huge, life-altering decision about employment today. With less than 24 hours' notice. While looking for a lawyer because I'm being sued for $15,000.

I don't get shitstorms, I get shit hurricanes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61877 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:12 am »

Is this related to the divorce? :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61878 on: May 15, 2013, 09:30:38 am »

Is this related to the divorce? :/
No, the $15K in damage I did to my friend's house back at New Year's. His insurance company is coming after me for the full amount. Because I was separated and no longer living in my house (and apparently my name was never specifically on our policy for all those years) at the time, my insurance isn't covering anything (after I had been assured that they should cover the damages).

Imma hafta get a lawyer to see if I got any way to fight this, otherwise I might be looking at bankruptcy. In which case, there goes my security clearance.

Oh, and I have to decide today whether to get laid off in a couple of weeks (admittedly with a nice severance package which would be about $10K -- was hoping to use that to pay down some debt and/or live off of while I find new work) *or* take a six-month extension which would require me to split my time between here and Mississippi (two weeks here, two weeks there on a rotation). Found out about that yesterday afternoon just before I left work. Fun.

Every goddamn time I think my life is finally pulling out of its chaotic tailspin and flying straight, something happens. Sometimes I think back to where I was eight months ago and it's like WHAT. THE. FUCK.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61879 on: May 15, 2013, 09:32:24 am »

Remember what I said about wanting to win the lottery so I can toss 10k at people who need it on short notice?

Yeah, getting that feeling again. :c
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61880 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:43 am »

Today was the birthday of my brother's girlfriend. I knew it was, so I greeted her. He didn't invite me to go with him, so I assumed he didn't want me there, and as I was washing my clothes, he calls. Tells me to prepare. Told him I can't leave the laundry, and he responded by saying "can't you leave your laundry for someone's birthday, which only happens once a year?"

That guilt-tripped me into joining, and while it was enjoyable overall, I felt out of place and alone. Still, favors have to be repaid...

...and as we merrily go home, that happiness was crushed by a shouting brother who complained and blamed us both for his missing item and the monitor not functioning.

Brother 1 fixes the monitor for Brother 2, but 2 keeps shouting, to the point 1 flips out and starts ranting. Somehow, I was included in the rant, in his listing of ingrates and imbeciles, when I attempted to avoid confrontation even by milling about, doing my own thing.

This has not been a good day, especially when they make it obvious that all of my efforts amount to nothing, and when 2 blames me for everything that goes wrong.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61881 on: May 15, 2013, 12:14:26 pm »

They tell us to learn. They tell us to get skills. They tell us to make friends.

I finally do these things and now I'm failing high school.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61882 on: May 15, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »

Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Romance Movie, etc were all made by the same people. How they continue making money to make more shitty films is a mystery for the ages.

That's actually not really correct. The Scary Movies were written and directed by the Wayans brothers. The rest are written and directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, who were junior writers on the Scary Movies, but were promoted to head honchos when the studio decided to turn it into a franchise. That's why everything post Scary Movie is much worse.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:35:20 pm by Reelya »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61883 on: May 15, 2013, 12:34:56 pm »

Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Romance Movie, etc were all made by the same people. How they continue making money to make more shitty films is a mystery for the ages.

That's actually not really correct. The Scary Movies were written and directed by the Wayans brothers. The rest are written and directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, who were junior writers on the Scary Movie, but promoted to head honchos when the studio decided to turn it into a franchise.
My apologies. They're all still shit though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61884 on: May 15, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »

Scary Movie 1 was better than all the later ones. Watch it back-to-back with Scream 1 to get all the references, since it's 90% a scene for scene parody of that film. It probably works better because it had an idea behind it (parodying Scream 1 which was itself a shitty film, but explains the structure of Scary Movie), whereas the others are just gags for the sake of gags. The original writer/director team all left after Scary Movie 2.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:40:23 pm by Reelya »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61885 on: May 15, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »

Met 'new' roommate.

I've lived here for almost two months.

I suck at this 'life' thing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #61886 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:43 pm »

Scary Movie 1 was better than all the later ones. Watch it back-to-back with Scream 1 to get all the references, since it's 90% a scene for scene parody of that film. It probably works better because it had an idea behind it (parodying Scream 1 which was itself a shitty film, but explains the structure of Scary Movie), whereas the others are just gags for the sake of gags. The original writer/director team all left after Scary Movie 2.
I consider Scary Movie 2 to be the best in the series, for the simple reason that on its own it can be funny without having to understand all the references. The fourth one got close to that as well, but most of them are really just a high budget family guy episode.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61887 on: May 15, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »

Spent most of the day reading that 40k/Tarrasque fanfic thingy. Pretty awesome really, anyways, fifteen chapters later I get to the part where they're invading the DE and it just says "to be continued"

:C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61888 on: May 15, 2013, 07:25:44 pm »

Ahahaha.

Yeah. When you read fanfiction. You get inured and numb to that sensation. Or you don't read fanfiction, by and large.

If I had a dollar for every fic I've hit that point in... I'd probably be up a couple thousand, by this point. At least that one gave you a "to be continued". A lot just plain stop.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #61889 on: May 15, 2013, 07:48:09 pm »

I'm guess the movies are fully of drug references? drug users find those hi-larious.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 4124 4125 [4126] 4127 4128 ... 8167