Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4098 4099 [4100] 4101 4102 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446094 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61485 on: May 05, 2013, 05:55:27 am »

Spent all day in a cramped car, getting numb and hungry and something that can't be good for my kidneys. Fuck it, can't stand to travel by car, going by train next time.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #61486 on: May 05, 2013, 06:22:14 am »

Spent all day in a cramped car, getting numb and hungry and something that can't be good for my kidneys. Fuck it, can't stand to travel by car, going by train next time.

I get car sick myself and I loooove trains.

Personally I'm sort of panicking since I've said yes to go to my uncles place for some lame dinner, but I don't really want to because my mother has gotten a horrible habit of drinking crazy amounts at family get togethers and telling her that it gets obnoxious at it's best makes her really angry and sad ._.

Doesn't help that even on normal days i'm are having trouble leaving home to do things that I actually want or need to do.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #61487 on: May 05, 2013, 07:41:04 pm »

Dude, how do you give up on dating someone without feeling massively sad?  I know what I need to do, but it's making me unhappy =/
You might be able to occupy your mind with something else.   That can be circumstance dependent, though.
One could do this, but all it does is make one feel worse. When you aren't busy then you are liable to get the "massively sads" you were working so hard to avoid in the first place, then that makes everything you were doing to keep yourself busy in the first place seem stupid.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61488 on: May 05, 2013, 07:45:33 pm »

Well, I do have three essays to write.

Nah.  I don't know.  I feel like I've got five different people living inside me and none of them wants to play nicely with any of the others.  That's why it's so hard to make any decision about any of these things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61489 on: May 05, 2013, 07:48:57 pm »

I am so incredibly undisciplined I am right now avoiding to start on a essay I need to have done tomorrow. DAMNIT BRAIN, COOPERATE.

Looks like I'll have to stay up.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61490 on: May 05, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »

I am so incredibly undisciplined I am right now avoiding to start on a essay I need to have done tomorrow. DAMNIT BRAIN, COOPERATE.

Hey, guess what we're both doing!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61491 on: May 05, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »

I too am procrastinating on writing. ::)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61492 on: May 05, 2013, 08:09:33 pm »

I too am procrastinating on writing. ::)
LITERARY PARTY IN THE SAD THREAD

I'm at 1.5 pages out of 8, which is honestly not bad.  I've finally started writing, soooooo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61493 on: May 05, 2013, 08:13:12 pm »

I myself am working on whittling the writer's block. It's only three pages, but it's an ethics class and I'm being asked to support something I don't think is easily supportable. I've got a decent handle on what I want to do with it but I need citable sources and there aren't all that many.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61494 on: May 05, 2013, 08:21:02 pm »

*eyeballs* What's the topic? There's a minor chance I might still recall something from my ethics classes and be able to suggest something :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #61495 on: May 05, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »

There is a new food place and I use the term "food" lightly, because they may have had the gall to call that food but I don't. The rolls were made of lead: solid god damn lead.

Because of this, I think I can see through people and see what makes them evil. It looks a lot like their bones and organs. Every one of 'em is hiding a skeleton.

It's my own fault for eating the rolls instead of throwing them and gazing at the inevitable damage, really.

Rolls that can be used as blunt objects should be: on their baker.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:23:57 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61496 on: May 05, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »

*eyeballs* What's the topic? There's a minor chance I might still recall something from my ethics classes and be able to suggest something :P
Can't really do that, which is why I didn't mention what it actually is.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61497 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28:39 pm »

Ah, no outside help, then. Shame.

For what it's worth, just in case the teach hasn't mentioned it or you didn't notice yourself, this joint often offers a good starting point for dealing with most things philosophy related, insofar as online sources go. Hopefully you've got access to some of the actual academic journals, though. That tends to make hunting up sources much less painful.

... and if it's an ethics teacher and they didn't mention it, they should probably be bludgeoned. Lightly, of course, but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61498 on: May 05, 2013, 08:32:47 pm »

I've never heard of SEP before, but I don't need it. ASU has a large library of sources available, as well as very wide-ranging authorization to journal networks.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61499 on: May 05, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »

Actually, now that I recall, I have 2 days, so that's lightly better. I just really, really don't want to leave completely to the last day, again.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 4098 4099 [4100] 4101 4102 ... 8167