Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4096 4097 [4098] 4099 4100 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9444160 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61455 on: May 04, 2013, 08:18:54 pm »

Never mind.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:38:18 pm by Flandre »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61456 on: May 04, 2013, 08:24:30 pm »

That's always a bad thing to do, yes terrible hands are terrible. Luckily you can work against these terrible hands, and if you persevere long enough you'll see it changing. It won't always be a Royal Flush but it won't seem so terrible.

Just hang in there bro/bronette and remember, B12 is there for you!

In personal sadness news. Went out, had one heck of a time, then I got to this bar and saw this girl.  She's quite beautiful this one, not sure why, but she just IS. That's not my problem tho, the whole time I wracked my brain trying to remember why she looked so familiar, because she damnably did look familiar. Didn't scrounge up the courage to just ask her if I knew her from somewhere before she left. Now I'm left with this damn hole in my head trying to remember.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61457 on: May 04, 2013, 08:31:13 pm »

Although my first name isn't exactly common, it is associated with one of the most famous people in exploration, so there's that.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #61458 on: May 04, 2013, 08:35:21 pm »

I do not understand the thing many people do where they think getting upset will get them what they want.

Random thought when reading this:  Customer Service.  It's spoiled people.  Too many businesses often will just give people whatever they want for being obnoxiously immature.  Then somehow they see the court system as the customer service desk for life in general.

Basically yes. This, entirely this.

What's quite terrible in a way is that if they actually considered being reasonable, they could get a lot more.

Worse still, I've been asked shouted at to see my "supervisor." I don't have a damn supervisor. When I did have a boss, he didn't appreciate that crap either and would curse people out. Say what you want about the old man, he didn't take shit from absolutely anyone. True, he was often and usually cruel to everybody but it isn't like he didn't come by it honestly.

All the same, I can't fathom how these thoughts about demanding things of the prosecution, a position expressly meant to go against everything you want, enters people's minds.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61459 on: May 04, 2013, 08:36:03 pm »

I'm an Owen, but I don't know of anyone outside my extended family with the same last name as me. Some genealogy website I got from googling it claimed it came from a Scottish clan name, but I've no Scottish in me, so huh.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61460 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:30 pm »

Truean, do you mind if I pull some genericized bullshit you've reported for a play I'm writing?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61461 on: May 04, 2013, 08:40:31 pm »

Truean, do you mind if I pull some genericized bullshit you've reported for a play I'm writing?
I am not sure if I would like to see this play or not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61462 on: May 04, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:24:24 pm by Ogdibus »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61463 on: May 04, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »

I really just need disillusioned 20 somethings who sit in a bar and bitch. A cynical, world-weary lawyer would not be a bad addition.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61464 on: May 04, 2013, 08:45:16 pm »

I really just need disillusioned 20 somethings who sit in a bar and bitch. A cynical, world-weary lawyer would not be a bad addition.
What, are you writing a play about B12 GD?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61465 on: May 04, 2013, 08:47:24 pm »

Law and Order: Bay 12 SVU
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61466 on: May 04, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

My mood has deteriorated and I have absolutely no one to turn to. I just want to wake up from my terrible nightmare and not have to worry about the stresses in my life. They are always there and will always swallow me like this and it keeps me from living. I see happy people and I don't understand what it's like not having that awful taste in the back of the conscious, or the terrible self-esteem, or the ability to enjoy things. People who don't have to think about gender and being ostracized, a disconnected childhood and trouble connecting with others due to Asperger's Syndrome and poor social ability. I want to stop fighting. I got dealt a terrible hand and I want to fold.

Maybe this can be of some comfort, though there are posts about mid-east politics and social issues, so if that's a sensitive thing for you, you might want to avoid it.

I feel less alone with stuff like this.
No Flandre, You may not edit your statement. The internet does not allow you. Anyway, you sound like a combination of my sister and me, in that she has Aspergers, and I have, all the other problems, except for Gender. Sometimes I wonder what my sister's life might be without me. She's in very similar straits to mine, but she tends to lean on me massively to the point where she can often forget about it. I think finding someone to lean on will help you massively.

Anyway, I am always happy that, at least for now, my dream of world domination gives me a road in life, fortunately one with multiple paths.  All i need do is become rich, and sociable enough that my inherent manipulative instincts assert themselves, and all falls into place.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61467 on: May 04, 2013, 10:28:12 pm »

EDIT: nevermind.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:38:36 pm by JoshuaFH »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61468 on: May 04, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »

Sounds rather like overly high expectations (no offense of course). Maybe she just wasn't in the mood for ... romAnce?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61469 on: May 04, 2013, 11:03:01 pm »

I deleted my post for reasons.

Though I still have to ask, why's the A capitalized?
Pages: 1 ... 4096 4097 [4098] 4099 4100 ... 8167