Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9479911 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5970 on: May 22, 2010, 05:58:49 pm »

If I remember correctly, Armok hates it when people are muted or banned, so wouldn't he not report someone to keep that from happening?
Yea, except for that puppet account. I think someting like say making him unable to have any avatar at ll for a few months might have been more apropriate.

Can Toady do that?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: May 22, 2010, 06:00:20 pm »

You know what makes me sad? All of you guys.

Correction: Toony, Duke, and Cthulu have never made me sad.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: May 22, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »

If I remember correctly, Armok hates it when people are muted or banned, so wouldn't he not report someone to keep that from happening?
Yea, except for that puppet account. I think someting like say making him unable to have any avatar at ll for a few months might have been more apropriate.

Can Toady do that?

It would depend on how the forum coding works, but I doubt that's possible. Unless he turns off avatars for everybody, and THAT would cause a small riot for sure.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: May 22, 2010, 06:12:13 pm »

As I'm clearly not part of the exceptions, I can't help myself but wonder: 'What'd I do to make you sad'?
Here I am assuming that with 'All of you guys' you mean the people that posted in this thread. If wrongly assumed, than I will gladly offer you my apologies.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: May 22, 2010, 06:12:45 pm »

What'd I do to you?
To be partly feline,

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: May 22, 2010, 06:13:13 pm »

I am not trying to speak for the entire forum, but stating my belief that there are forumgoers who are being affected this way.

You're making a statement so weak as to be meaningless?  I can live with that.  Don't know why Armok should care, though.

As for the reporting: I can only say shame on you fellows for not letting Armok settle his own situations, then. Armok spoke up very little during the entire 24 hour period, and there were a number of overreactions from people who were not Armok in the Anger thread. The fun times probably would have been more fun times if there hadn't been so much gun jumping.

The user is encouraged in the rules to use the report function rather than "settle his own situations": "Do not continue a fight if you feel you have been insulted.  Report it to the moderator."  But you also (wrongly) chided him earlier for using the report function, so I don't know what he could have done to please you here.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:22:58 pm by Footkerchief »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: May 22, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »

So, is this about all of the fourmers who had used Armok's avatar?
What happened?

And what is with the puppet account that Armok was talking of?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: May 22, 2010, 06:20:46 pm »

The chaotic neutrals and the true neutrals are getting feisty, making the lawful goods and the neutral goods debate on behalf of the neutrals. Lets all be chill like a sweet, sweet can of Heineken.

I'm glad one of our fellow forumites has worked toward being more social.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously, not every crowd will like you, and you won't like every crowd. My current job's crowd is okay with me, but I have little interest in them. I'll need to have other venues available to meet people I'd be more interested in.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: May 22, 2010, 06:29:13 pm »

So, is this about all of the fourmers who had used Armok's avatar?
What happened?

Three Toe gave them a day to get rid cut it out, or they get warned.
To be partly feline,

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: May 22, 2010, 07:27:43 pm »

I can't find my favorite notebooks anywhere. V_V

Also, for some reason, I'm feeling somewhat sick.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: May 22, 2010, 07:54:32 pm »

As for the reporting: I can only say shame on you fellows for not letting Armok settle his own situations, then. Armok spoke up very little during the entire 24 hour period, and there were a number of overreactions from people who were not Armok in the Anger thread. The fun times probably would have been more fun times if there hadn't been so much gun jumping.

The user is encouraged in the rules to use the report function rather than "settle his own situations": "Do not continue a fight if you feel you have been insulted.  Report it to the moderator."  But you also (wrongly) chided him earlier for using the report function, so I don't know what he could have done to please you here.

QFT. The situation has been resolved successfully. If you don't like how these sorts of situations are resolved here, try and get Toady to change it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:56:16 pm by Jackrabbit »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: May 22, 2010, 08:07:41 pm »

What did i do?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: May 22, 2010, 08:23:34 pm »

I am not trying to speak for the entire forum, but stating my belief that there are forumgoers who are being affected this way.

You're making a statement so weak as to be meaningless?  I can live with that.  Don't know why Armok should care, though.

You should read my post a few more times, and then come back when you're feeling a bit less aggressive. It might help you understand the things that I am typing a little better. I don't think you really get it right now, because this is rapidly turning into a flame war where we debate eachother's grammar syntax and misinterpret eachother's posts.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: May 22, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »

I wouldnt say Footkerchief is being agressive, Grakelin, he's stating a fairly Vaid point, but if you want to clarify any misunderstood points, please elaborate.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: May 22, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »

Footkerchief is BE AGGRESSIVE, BE BE AGRESSIVE
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 8167