Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486319 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5895 on: May 21, 2010, 07:38:20 pm »

Then don't listen.  I'm the god fairy of your nursery rhyme yo.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: May 21, 2010, 08:09:30 pm »

Muting does not work that way Hippoman.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: May 21, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »

Ah, then how does it work?
I thought he couldn't see any of my posts.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: May 21, 2010, 08:14:49 pm »

You see the muties post, but it says "You are muting this person! do you want to see this post"

You click that and you see the post.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: May 21, 2010, 08:34:51 pm »

Oh ok, that's weird. anyway enough off topic.
My eyes hurt.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »

I was saddened by the end of our Armok avatar crusade. Nobody was actually being mean. I call babyness. Also saddened by the loss of the 'Things that made you ANGRY today' thread. Seriously, don't be deleting things when there's a lock feature. Forum is usually much better than this. > : (

... I was first by the way, not Pathos. > : (

EDIT: I was actually all set to go to Dos Equos guy right when I saw people raging over the Armoktars, too, and knew I could not stop just yet.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:24:03 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: May 21, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

Pathos was just the one who took it too far.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: May 21, 2010, 10:29:35 pm »

Yeah, sure, call an mod a baby, I'm sure that'll end well for you.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: May 21, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »

I was saddened by the end of our Armok avatar crusade. Nobody was actually being mean. I call babyness. Also saddened by the loss of the 'Things that made you ANGRY today' thread. Seriously, don't be deleting things when there's a lock feature. Forum is usually much better than this. > : (

Yeah, I call babyness too. But likely on different people.

Regardless of who started it, Pathos was the one being a douche for no reason. Therefore, he got a mute. Makes sense to me. I don't really see what you have to gain by pointing out you started the downward spiral, anyhow.

(GAH ninja'd)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: May 21, 2010, 10:34:53 pm »

No, not Ninja'd.

Double Ninja'd.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: May 21, 2010, 11:17:04 pm »

Yeah, I call babyness too. But likely on different people.

Regardless of who started it, Pathos was the one being a douche for no reason. Therefore, he got a mute. Makes sense to me. I don't really see what you have to gain by pointing out you started the downward spiral, anyhow.

(GAH ninja'd)

It wasn't really that bad. We were all just having some fun, using Armok's avatar, and nobody was actually throwing insults at him. Pathos and I have traditionally not gotten along all too well, but I have the same ambivalent feeling towards this that I did when Neruz got banned: It seems more like he's being dragged down by somebody running and crying to a moderator over something silly than for whatever his actions actually constituted (though, in Neruz's case, he had been assdickering for a while, and at least Pathos only gets a mute). The vast majority of people saw this as playful joking.

And I refuse to let Pathos take credit for anything I've done, even if you don't like what it was. > : (

Jackrabbit: While I'm sure that Toady and ThreeToe would probably be perfectly fine with me calling them babies (this isn't CTRL ALT DLT), it wasn't them that I was referring to.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: May 21, 2010, 11:19:53 pm »

Oh okay, I see. I remain firmly on Toady's side in this though, I think it was a derp move.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:22:50 pm by Jackrabbit »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: May 21, 2010, 11:24:42 pm »

Nobody's taking sides here (or at least they shouldn't be). It's all about reasoned discussion. If I want to forum rebel, there are lots of places for that.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: May 21, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »

Alright then, my position is that I think Pathos really should have backed down when things started to get heated.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: May 21, 2010, 11:37:03 pm »

Alright then, my position is that I think Pathos really should have backed down when things started to get heated.

This. For me, the Armok avatar thing was fair game. I, for example, had Aqizzars avatar for a while. Many did at one point. People had a laugh, got bored, and reverted. Shit like that happens all the time.

Pathos has had a recent history of flooding the board with hilarious "satire" threads ("hay my gfs hacking my account", "hay my penis is too small", "how do I know I'm gay", "Discuss"), and to me the Armok thing just came off as a continuation of that. And when Threetoe told everyone to stop, he did the exact same thing to someone else. It was childish. He got muted. Justice.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:39:39 pm by kinseti »
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 8167