Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3926 3927 [3928] 3929 3930 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481017 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58905 on: March 11, 2013, 01:30:45 am »

So the party consists of three scientist and a 15-year old wanna-be rapist?

How exactly does that work?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #58906 on: March 11, 2013, 01:32:54 am »

They seemed to be on some sort of a cruise ship, so I imagine the fifteen year old is that weird kid who always stays in his cabin masturbating on cruise ships.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58907 on: March 11, 2013, 01:33:26 am »

So the party consists of three scientist and a 15-year old wanna-be rapist?

How exactly does that work?

He's the physicist ._.  He's a wunderkind who got kicked out of his doctoral program due to having a big breakdown, and is now basically on indefinite sabbatical and running around being a jerkass.

They seemed to be on some sort of a cruise ship, so I imagine the fifteen year old is that weird kid who always stays in his cabin masturbating on cruise ships.

It was a cargo vessel, but YES PRETTY MUCH
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58908 on: March 11, 2013, 01:35:22 am »

Well, biologists have animals, engineers have sex toys, but what do physicists have? They have to make do.

... Oh Gooood, that was a terrible joke to make.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58909 on: March 11, 2013, 01:56:29 am »

I never really understood people bringing things having to do with sex into roleplaying games anyhow. I mean really, that's just ... something I'd rather not imagine  your character/you doing.

Awkward.

So yeah, I can see where Vector is coming from. I've actually had this problem with people before and DM talking to tends to fix it fairly quick. The excuse that "it's in character," can't be a cure all for any inappropriate behavior no matter how terrible (you know what I mean). I mean, molesting prisoners? Really, that's where things are at now? :(

If you're making the other players uncomfortable and their reason for being uncomfortable is reasonable.... Yeah.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58910 on: March 11, 2013, 02:16:29 am »

Was at Lake Burley Griffin today. Saw a little kid arguing with his mom. It ended with him throwing his Iphone into the lake.
Mom: Those are really expensive you know! Your going to have to wait until your birthday for a new one!
Kid: But that is almost a week away!
Mom: You will just have to use mine in the mean time.

Faith in humanity... Dropping.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58911 on: March 11, 2013, 02:19:18 am »

So yeah, I can see where Vector is coming from. I've actually had this problem with people before and DM talking to tends to fix it fairly quick. The excuse that "it's in character," can't be a cure all for any inappropriate behavior no matter how terrible (you know what I mean). I mean, molesting prisoners? Really, that's where things are at now? :(

If you're making the other players uncomfortable and their reason for being uncomfortable is reasonable.... Yeah.

Yeah, and earlier today he was talking about how he needed to improve his character's social skills so he could "make the DM give him bitches."  I'm kind of... just, wow.

Feh, it'll take care of itself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58912 on: March 11, 2013, 03:03:00 am »

Post-daylight savings insomnia D:

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58913 on: March 11, 2013, 03:10:45 am »

Went to bed after my sleep schedule goin off kilter problem solved at 5am.

I thought, "Hey, I am awake for 23 hours, I'll sleep like a baby and wake up at four or so."

Then I realized, wait. If I was awake longer, then I'd be asleep for longer. So I'm an idiot two times over and now I'm having a sleep deprivation binge.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58914 on: March 11, 2013, 03:22:37 am »

Damnit, I thought I had it in the bag when I got interviewed for that hospital job. Interview went fantastic, and I waited a week before I left two messages to two important people in the hospital, but I'm just not getting any calls back. Why's it always gotta feel like I just exist by my lonely self in this damn pocket dimension of my miserable life?

I just want my life to start up already, I'm just fucking sick of everything being the same all the time. I just want to get things going.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58915 on: March 11, 2013, 03:44:28 am »

Can't sleep. Damn daylight savings insomnia.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58916 on: March 11, 2013, 03:48:27 am »

How are you guys all so deep set into a sleeping pattern? I normally fall asleep between 5pm and 3am! An hour shift isn't that significant...

Then again I have pretty bad normal insomnia always, so not exactly the model of sleeping patterns here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58917 on: March 11, 2013, 03:52:02 am »

Dunno how they're managing it. I've just got normal sleeping problems. Went to sleep around 10:30ish, I think. Woke up at 11:50. Spent a couple hours reading, then an hour+ staring at the back of my eyelids. Though daylight saving shift would manage to explain how my brain's registering four hours of fruitlessness when the clock's saying only three or so.

Days like these I really wish I knew how the blue hell those people that just nod off manage it. I only half joke when I say I'd kill to be able to do that :-\

Sometimes I wonder if it's because they actually see blackness behind their eyelids instead of a roiling orgy of color. I mean. It's pretty. But maybe a little distracting, I'unno.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:54:40 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58918 on: March 11, 2013, 03:58:20 am »

I find the colors useful... You watch them, and soon they form into more recognizable shapes, and eventually you are dreaming.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58919 on: March 11, 2013, 04:05:34 am »

I don't see colors, I see shapes. Formless things that are melded into form by whatever I'm imagining at the current moment. Usually it's pretty monochrome, though. It's like your imagination in a moody graphic novel style.
Pages: 1 ... 3926 3927 [3928] 3929 3930 ... 8167