Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3895 3896 [3897] 3898 3899 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481229 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58440 on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

Oh god I hate it when people start using the word 'him'
Honestly, every time I have ever heard somebody use the word 'him' there has been a very, very unhappy story behind it. 99.99% of the time it was because of 'him' to. When people use the word 'her' it can be negative, but sometimes it can also be a very positive thing. Somehow, at least in my experience, 'him' is not a word that conjures good things.

Good luck Vector.

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58441 on: February 24, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »

it's half past 2 am and i'm sitting about on the internet while i have an exam at 9 am for which i have barely studied. what the fuck am i doing with my life. it's not like i don't have to wake up in about two hours too, let's hope a nap helps while i try to get these thoughts out of my head

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58442 on: February 24, 2013, 08:32:29 pm »

It's half past 1 am and I'm sitting on the internet while I have 2000 words of essay to write by a week ago for which I barely know what I'm writing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58443 on: February 24, 2013, 08:33:38 pm »

It's half past 1 am and I'm sitting on the internet while I have 2000 words of essay to write by a week ago for which I barely know what I'm writing.
Elaboration is the essay's filler to the substance of the toast.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58444 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35:24 pm »

Honestly, every time I have ever heard somebody use the word 'him' there has been a very, very unhappy story behind it. 99.99% of the time it was because of 'him' to. When people use the word 'her' it can be negative, but sometimes it can also be a very positive thing. Somehow, at least in my experience, 'him' is not a word that conjures good things.

Good luck Vector.

Really?  They're not that bad are they?  :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58445 on: February 24, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

Good luck Vector.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58446 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:43 pm »

Good luck Vector.

I was thinking of this Him
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58447 on: February 25, 2013, 12:23:06 am »

Mostly, I can't be assed to think up another tree-nickname >_______>

Seriously, the minute I get out of here I'll be fine.  I'm unhappy now, but I'm expecting zero long-term damage.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58448 on: February 25, 2013, 01:41:42 am »

Some people I know are feeling sad and I cannot seem to truly help them. I can provide temporary relief but not actually help them solve their problems.

As a (not sad) side note, I keep seeing more and more of myself in my father. He does nothing but help people, it seems, at least in the way he thinks would be most helpful (note that his methods aren't always helpful).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ShaneBane

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Swordsteen and Super Inhuman
    • View Profile
    • Shane's Cave Story Forums
« Reply #58449 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:25 am »

So far, the only thing that has made me sad today was that nobody gave me any birthday presents. :-/

@v: Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:12:58 am by ShaneBane »
I must be more active... otherwise I'll be forgetful.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58450 on: February 25, 2013, 06:26:03 am »

Happy birthday~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58451 on: February 25, 2013, 06:59:40 am »

Mostly, I can't be assed to think up another tree-nickname >_______>

Seriously, the minute I get out of here I'll be fine.  I'm unhappy now, but I'm expecting zero long-term damage.
Call him Sumac. No long term damage, but irritating as fuck to be around.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58452 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:39 am »

Why are nobody ever romantically interested(or sexually attracted) in me? :/
Im not fat, im almost skeletally slender due to my gone-awry metabolism. Im blonde, almost two meters. Im mannered, friendly and talkative. Yet even the saddest asshole around me finds someone. I meet all the criteria presented statistics.

I would have made Hitler proud(thanks god those assholes never won)
I have no congenital ailments or genetic diseases. Physically, im completely perfect.
Can they really see what a twisted tangled mess that my mind is? I hide it behind a franctic smile.

Many of my female aqquaintances claim that i would make a good partner.
Yet i remain lonely.

For fucks sake, i want to die without the notion that the last lips i kissed were those of a psychotic murderer.

Im seen as a tool for people to use,
Seen as a tame companion or docile servant.
Im seen as some strange.being.
Ignored.
But i dont want to be ignored, i dont want to be seen as alien, or some useful idiot, or someones servant, nor a replacement to half-heartedly plug the hole of some fellows otherwise intact heart.
I want people to see how beutiful, caring and feeling i am, what a lover i am, how bright a sun i am, what a.. Person i am. I want to be considered a human being.

I want to feel love. Life. So i can have a meaning with all this.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58453 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:54 am »

High school is like an ultra-high gravity zone, they say o.O Physics gets screwed with near it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58454 on: February 25, 2013, 07:44:00 am »

High school is like an ultra-high gravity zone, they say o.O Physics gets screwed with near it.

was?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 3895 3896 [3897] 3898 3899 ... 8167