Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3894 3895 [3896] 3897 3898 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481066 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58425 on: February 24, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »

This doesn't sound "a little bit familiar" to me.  My first ex-boyfriend... would not have passed any of those tests.  He didn't have people telling me what a wonderful person he was, he had people smoothing over his flaws but never doing this.
When I said that this sounded "a little bit familiar" I was actually talking about the one time I fell in love. Now that I've heard you say more about this situation it's sounding... well in some ways a bit more familiar, in a lot of other ways significantly less familiar.

The situation was rather different, we were never really a couple, and the reason things fell apart was more because I was really badly depressed and suicidal on account of being subjected to prolonged psychological and emotional abuse from my mother (well, there was one or two other factors that were making me depressed, but that was the big one). After a... rather complex situation has left me in a position where I'm completely unable to talk it out with her. I could tell you more about all of that... but I don't think you want to hear too much about it considering how dumb and melodramatic the entire thing was.

The end result was that she decided she wanted absolutely nothing more to do with me, she cut off all contact, refused to be around me at all, and she strongly pressured all of her friends to do the same. Which meant that... pretty much all of my friends cut off contact with me, and refused to talk to me. Including her best friend, who was actually the only person in the world at the time who was doing anything at all to actually help me.

I have never felt so dehumanized and worthless as when that happened, and being completely unable to do anything about it was... frustrating. I made a lot of really childish and dumb attempts to do something about the situation, which really made things worse, but... yeah... I... think I'm gonna choose to take the path of discretion on that subject.

I think I've lost my train of thought on that one... I think what I was trying to get at was that I never really started feeling better about the whole situation until I confronted all the unresolved feelings I had about it...

Ugh, I think I'm just gonna stop before I say something really dumb that makes things worse again.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58426 on: February 24, 2013, 04:34:53 pm »

Oh, its not that I hate people, I "nothing" them until they show one way or the other what I should think about them. Until then, they stay outside the box.
Until proven otherwise, assume humans are humans.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #58427 on: February 24, 2013, 04:38:34 pm »

Oh, its not that I hate people, I "nothing" them until they show one way or the other what I should think about them. Until then, they stay outside the box.
I have the flaw that I pretty much instantly hate/dislike most people I meet, until they prove otherwise that I shouldn't hate them. Probably not a very healthy thing for me to do, to be honest.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #58428 on: February 24, 2013, 05:23:31 pm »

I have the flaw that I pretty much instantly hate/dislike most people I meet, until they prove otherwise that I shouldn't hate them. Probably not a very healthy thing for me to do, to be honest.
I have the same problem, though generally it's more of a constant distrust/dislike of people I don't know in meatspace rather than flat out hate.

Once I get to know people better, rather through direct contact or observing their actions and activities with others do I decide whether or not they're a cool guy whom I'd consider as anything more than an acquaintance or "some person I know but not really."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #58429 on: February 24, 2013, 05:42:24 pm »

Today is just... So quit and lonely and gah. Way too quiet and lonely. Where is everyone?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58430 on: February 24, 2013, 05:51:38 pm »

I think your avatar scared them all away...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58431 on: February 24, 2013, 05:53:50 pm »

Eep...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #58432 on: February 24, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »

I decided to check another forum I frequent to see how their Pony thread is doing, seeing as we banned them here.  I guess they took the favela route, their pony thread is a ghetto where not even the mods venture and oh my god I saw some shit I didn't want to see.
Shoes...

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58433 on: February 24, 2013, 06:09:46 pm »

My sister's rabbit died today. She's off at college and my mom's on vacation so I was supposed to be taking care of him. The day before yesterday he got out of his fenced in area and I didn't catch him until later that night. When I  picked him up he squeeked like he was hurt so I checked him for injuries. After looking him over he seemed OK and I put him in his cage for the night. Yesterday he was a little out of it but later in the day he seemed to liven up a little. Today when I checked on him he couldn't even stand up. When I tried to pick him up out of his cage he tried to hop out on his own. His cage is a few inches higher than his fenced in area and he fell out face first into the dirt. I helped him get into a comfortable position and tried to comfort him for a few minutes before I went and called my mom to see what I should do. Since neither or us knew what to do she called a friend of hers to come over. Mom's friend brought someone who seemed to know something about what to do. He thought the rabbit had gotten into some bad weeds while he was out and suggested keeping the rabbit warm and hydrated until the poison worked out of its system. We put him in a cardboard box lined with towels and I took him back to my place so I could keep a closer eye on him. I put the box on my bed and tried taking care of him. I couldn't get him to drink so I got some apples from the fridge and put them under my shirt so they'd warm up for him. He kept trying to stand up and groom himself but he would just fall over. I'd pet him some and tell him it would be OK. Fifteen minutes after I brought him over he died. The apples were still cold, they're on my kitchen table right now. I've had lots of pet rabbits myself. They've hopped on my bed, slept on my bed, and peed on my bed. This is the first time I've had a rabbit die on my bed.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58434 on: February 24, 2013, 06:12:02 pm »

Sounds a lot like the poor thing picked up a tic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #58435 on: February 24, 2013, 06:24:09 pm »

Have you had a rabbit give birth on your bed? A cat we owned years ago decided my bed was the comfiest spot in the house for that...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58436 on: February 24, 2013, 06:28:57 pm »

No I havn't. Rabbits make nests out of their own fur for their babies, so they have where they're going to give birth set up a few days before they actually give birth.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58437 on: February 24, 2013, 07:54:05 pm »

I'm not going to lose my faith in humanity.  I may be in pain, but I refuse to kneel.  He's not getting the satisfaction of my becoming truly affected.  Basically: I don't negotiate with terrorists... he can hurt me, but I refuse to let him change me.  It's time for that schmuck to learn a lesson in strength.

I am, however, going to get in bed and watch cartoons and The Amazing Spiderman and the Oscars and kick my little legs around.  Bed is nice and warm and soft.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58438 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:18 pm »

When you say strength, do you mean the kind that breaks people's noses?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58439 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »

I mean the kind that withstands, unchanging.

Like I said: if I'm mean to him, that vindicates him; if I'm unusually nice to him, that vindicates him; my only option is to stay put.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3894 3895 [3896] 3897 3898 ... 8167