Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3886 3887 [3888] 3889 3890 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481231 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58305 on: February 21, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

So I'm suffering from relationship cluster WTF.
I was talking to a friend yesterday about what famous guys we thought were good looking. Despite not knowing him for that long, I knew he is openly gay. Anyway, at one point he tells me that he thinks I'm attractive. Slightly later on in the conversation he asks if I would like to do something with him some time, just the two of us, in that slightly shy tone that I know all too well from my own past...
Well... Fuck.
So I told him 'Maybe sometime' in with that fucking smug grin I always have when I know things are about to get complex for all involved.
Yes I know I am a horrible person! Leave me alone.
I'm half tempted to throw a dog a bone and just spend some personal time with him just because it might be nice and while I'm not sexually interested in this guy, I have no objection to spending time with him. On the other hand I don't want him to get the wrong idea, as nothing will ever happen between us.

I mean this is party my fault. He knows that I like mens fashion, and will openly talk about what guys I find good looking. I understand that it must be difficult for homosexuals to find a partner because most of the people of the gender they are interested in just aren't interested in them back, and in some cases would be offended (Wrongly!) at the prospect. So this poor guy sees a potential opportunity for a nice relationship and my only two options are either cut him down for putting himself on the line, or lead him on only to let him down later on.

Fucking relationships. This is so much easier when I'm the one putting myself out there, then it is up to them to figure all this out...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58306 on: February 21, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »

Trust me, when you get a little older asking people out is easier because there isn't a school yard of snot nosed brats ready to pay you out if you get turned down, and most people have the emotional maturity to keep being your friend if they aren't interested. It is a no risk situation.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58307 on: February 21, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »

Sure feels like a risk, though :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58308 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:27 pm »

Sure feels like a risk, though :P

This. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #58309 on: February 21, 2013, 08:16:50 pm »

I'm 17 as of today. this in itself is a bit of a "meh." I don't see what the deal is with 17 and I see no reason why I should be happy about it, despite everyone's obligatory "happy birthday!" for the sake of politeness. Honestly to me it just means I'm one step closer to the stressful hells of college, finding a major, finding a job that doesn't make me want to gouge out my eyeballs, and paying for rent, insurance, food, taxes, and any other bills and stuff which I am dreading. I stress myself out enough already. The impending deadlines of many more responsibilities is not helping me.

'Course, it doesn't help I'm just a bit depressed. It's partly due to the stress of being so close to graduating high school and not knowing what I intend for my future. It's also partly because of the grand universal question of "how do I romantic relationship?"

Spoiler: How do I relationship? (click to show/hide)

As if being cynical, depressed, and doubting any reason to possibly put up with the roller-coaster of mental stress and self-loathing of life on my birthday wasn't enough, now I'm feeling a bit sick with my nose trying to run a marathon and my throat is sore. Oh, and I got homework I have to do tonight despite my unwellness. /endventing
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58310 on: February 21, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

So I'm suffering from relationship cluster WTF.
I was talking to a friend yesterday about what famous guys we thought were good looking. Despite not knowing him for that long, I knew he is openly gay. Anyway, at one point he tells me that he thinks I'm attractive. Slightly later on in the conversation he asks if I would like to do something with him some time, just the two of us, in that slightly shy tone that I know all too well from my own past...
Well... Fuck.
So I told him 'Maybe sometime' in with that fucking smug grin I always have when I know things are about to get complex for all involved.
Yes I know I am a horrible person! Leave me alone.
I'm half tempted to throw a dog a bone and just spend some personal time with him just because it might be nice and while I'm not sexually interested in this guy, I have no objection to spending time with him. On the other hand I don't want him to get the wrong idea, as nothing will ever happen between us.

I mean this is party my fault. He knows that I like mens fashion, and will openly talk about what guys I find good looking. I understand that it must be difficult for homosexuals to find a partner because most of the people of the gender they are interested in just aren't interested in them back, and in some cases would be offended (Wrongly!) at the prospect. So this poor guy sees a potential opportunity for a nice relationship and my only two options are either cut him down for putting himself on the line, or lead him on only to let him down later on.

Fucking relationships. This is so much easier when I'm the one putting myself out there, then it is up to them to figure all this out...
Be up front with him, dude. Just say, "Hey, your gaydar's a bit off. I'd like to hang out with you, because you're a hoopy frood, but we just aren't compatible in that manner."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58311 on: February 21, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »

God, I know, I just hate having to do it.
I just know he is going to feel bad about it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58312 on: February 21, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »

Hopefully it'll be something for the two of you to laugh about later.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58313 on: February 21, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »

Spoiler: How do I relationship? (click to show/hide)

Mr. Space Cat, you sound a little bit like 17 year old me.

Before that age, I was a mess of depression and self-doubt. I spurned girls on at least two occasions, not because I didn't like them, but because I doubted myself so much that I couldn't conceive of someone else being interested in me, and was sure it was just something they'd been put up to. I similarly spent years unable to work up the guts to ask a close friend of mine out, despite sharing classes and clubs and hanging out with her for almost 8 years. And as I learned later, doing this had understandably hurt their feelings, and damaged their self-worth too. My lack of self-respect had been making a negative impact not only on my life, but on others as well. I resolved to start forgiving myself for my mistakes and shortcomings, cultivating a person I felt good about being, and generally caring for myself.

I'm not going to pretend it was an overnight change... there was a lot of internal damage in need of repair, and even to this day I'm patching up holes here and there. Still, on toward the end of high school, I had made some progress, and felt like a whole-enough person that I was ready for a relationship. I asked another crush of mine out, a super-adorable and super-smart Amish girl. As luck would have it... turns out I'd waited too long. Though I was in a much better position as a person, many of the doors that had been open were now closed. I was late getting out of the gate, and had catching up to do.

Since then, I've had short-term flings, been rejected, been taken advantage of, had a messy break-up, and two relationships that lasted for a year or so. And though none of them worked out in the long-run, each experience has been one I'm glad I had.

TL;DR: You can't go back and change the past. You can only decide on where you want to be in the future, and start moving toward it. Forgive and love yourself, and always strive to be better, and then you will be truly capable of loving others.

Oh, and never be afraid to try. You level up much faster by doing something than you do by fearing the consequences so much that you never attempt it.

P.S. And happy birthday. And I don't mean that in some polite, socially-mandated way. I wish you the best in life in the years ahead... we're all in this together.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:10:08 pm by Solifuge »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58314 on: February 21, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »

God, I know, I just hate having to do it.
I just know he is going to feel bad about it.

It's usually not so bad if you're funny about it. I've been there a few times, so you have my feels. (Then again, I have a bit more...wide-spectrum amorous feelings than you do, so it's been a little bit less of an issue for me.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58315 on: February 21, 2013, 10:07:34 pm »

Comcast is shutting down my dad's email server since they changed their policy so that he would need to pay extra for a business account or something like that. Now I have to get a normal people email address T_T
It's FEF, not FEOF

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58316 on: February 21, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »

Comcast is shutting down my dad's email server since they changed their policy so that he would need to pay extra for a business account or something like that. Now I have to get a normal people email address T_T
How many site accounts did you register with that address?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58317 on: February 21, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »

Many
It's FEF, not FEOF

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58318 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:30 pm »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58319 on: February 22, 2013, 02:41:53 am »

"I never look back dahrling, it distracts from the NOW."

<3 Edna Mode from The Incredibles.
Pages: 1 ... 3886 3887 [3888] 3889 3890 ... 8167