Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3861 3862 [3863] 3864 3865 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470819 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57930 on: February 06, 2013, 04:31:13 pm »

Hey, that's better than it was 10 years ago.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57931 on: February 06, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

..... I think we still have a ways to go.

English>Basque>German>Finnish>Chinese (Simplified)>English turns this phrase into...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not bad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #57932 on: February 06, 2013, 04:43:31 pm »

And before long, we'll have reliable machine-translation and/or universal translators! :D And/or uploading an entire language into your own head, bypassing the need to learn it. (I like that last one, I want the different mindsets that accompany the different languages. >w>)
And long ago, we are a reliable machine translation and / or universal translators needed! And / or avoid the need to learn it, install all language into its place. (I was the last one, I like the different languages, with different mindsets.> W>)

.....I think we still have a ways to go.  ;D (above is the result of translating English->Azerbaijani->English in Google Translate)
Highly relevant.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57933 on: February 06, 2013, 04:49:42 pm »

de fuq? :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57934 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »

Metal Max 2 reloaded y u no english. I'm seriously considering the value in learning Japanese at  this point given how much this language barrier pops up for me.

I think picking up the language would be worth it, since you seem like a bit of a Japanophile. Rosetta Stone, though really pricy, is the best resource I've found for picking up new languages on your own. If you're interested in trying it out, I could use my connections to find you a lesson or two at a very considerable discount from the retail price Which, of course, would by no means be an electronic disk image. That would be piracy, and pirates are bad.

Drop me a PM if you might be interested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57935 on: February 06, 2013, 05:55:02 pm »

I've tried Rosetta Stone Japanese. It really is a poor format for learning that particular language, unless you're great at memorizing thousands of words and already have a good handle on Japanese grammar and particles. That said, it's better than nothing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57936 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »

i knew right off the bat i would not have a chance in hell with learning anything from Rosetta Stone so im taking a class in college, cause no matter what a teacher is alot more helpful.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57937 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »

Your mileage may vary, but I learned more Spanish after 10 hours of Rosetta Stone than I did after 2 semesters of it taught by a native-speaking professor. Granted Rosetta Stone came after, so it was building on a foundation I already had, but I liked the emphasis on... schematic learning? Don't know what you'd call it, but I like how they throw you into the language, and use your brains own method of classifying differences to learn language naturally, rather than starting with studying the mechanics of a new language.

I mean, you don't start teaching kids language by explaining subjects and predicates, and charting out proper vs. improper sentence structure. You point to a dog and say "That's a Dog. It has four legs, fur, and a tail". Then when you point to a cat and ask them what it is, and they say "Dog?" you tell them "No, that's a Cat. Its ears are small and pointy, and it has less capacity for language and social bonding, only expressing these characteristics because they maintain a form of behavioral neoteny." Then when they say "Okay," you briefly live the illusion that they understood you perfectly, and are probably going to go on to become the next Jane Goodall or some shit.

TL;DR: I would make a terrible parent.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57938 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »

Soli, if we were both gay, I'd adopt a child with you just to watch you teach them language.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57939 on: February 06, 2013, 07:43:42 pm »

Soli you would make the best fucking parent.
I would send past self forwards in time to be raised by you, just so that this present iteration of myself could observe the outcome.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57940 on: February 06, 2013, 07:54:13 pm »

Come to think of it, I'm probably even less fit to be a parent. Soli, let's not be gay and adopt past!Max White as our kid, okay?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #57941 on: February 06, 2013, 08:53:26 pm »

So manythings I want to try, and so little time to do them. :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57942 on: February 06, 2013, 09:08:15 pm »

So manythings I want to try, and so little time to do them. :(
You've got another good 70-80+ years. There's time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57943 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:39 pm »

With the rate of medical advancements, maybe even longer!
They predict that the average lifespan is going to start dropping, but that is due to people eating too much junk food and not getting enough exercise. I'm sure with a healthy lifestyle you could out live Methuselah.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57944 on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:50 pm »

Eh, didn't he supposedly live to over 900(0?!)? That's a bit of a stretch for our current medical technology, even with proper nutrition and exercise. Then again, as previously mentioned the technology is getting better all the time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3861 3862 [3863] 3864 3865 ... 8167