Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490496 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5760 on: May 18, 2010, 06:44:34 pm »

I might be too poor to keep going to college, and yet I'm probably not poor enough to qualify for federal aid.  And I just spent two hours filling out a FAFSA application at an "assistance" site that wants $80 to file it, so now I need to go to the real Department of Education website and filling in all that information again.  Fuck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: May 18, 2010, 06:47:07 pm »

That sucks man I feel you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: May 18, 2010, 06:52:30 pm »

I might be too poor to keep going to college, and yet I'm probably not poor enough to qualify for federal aid.  And I just spent two hours filling out a FAFSA application at an "assistance" site that wants $80 to file it, so now I need to go to the real Department of Education website and filling in all that information again.  Fuck.

I doubt it, unless it changed.  My family makes plenty and I was able to get financial aid, although if you're living on your own it might be different.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: May 18, 2010, 06:56:58 pm »

Well, all I know is, the last time I filed for FAFSA aid was when I first entered college, and I didn't qualify for anything.  Since then, my guardian parent has remarried and I have a job myself, so I've got even more money, which is still pretty crap.  Not to mention, I'm not going to take any loans, only grants or other such stuff that doesn't take eons to pay off.

Or course, I also had a prepaid fund to help pay for stuff back then, which has since run out.  So maybe I will qualify.  I'm mostly just pissed that I spent all that time and effort filling out a form for nothing and have to do it again.

And now the Depart of Education website is all fucked up so I can't do the application.  Dammit, why doesn't the system ever fail to my benefit?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:07:02 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: May 18, 2010, 07:08:15 pm »

Because that would be convenient, the cardinal sin of all government organizations?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: May 18, 2010, 07:08:50 pm »

I went to the Dentist today and now my teeth hurt.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: May 18, 2010, 07:17:52 pm »

first post on this thread.

today  my motorbike got jacked. I got hit in the face 4 or more times, and then the buggers ran off with my SV650, i await the polices attempts to retreive it.

IF you see a blue SV650s in leeds, or for sale in all or in parts in the area, pm me.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: May 18, 2010, 07:24:48 pm »

I checked up on Cracked after months of not reading it, and the entire front page is plastered with awesome articles and I'm sad because I can't read them all at the same time.
Shoes...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: May 18, 2010, 07:29:44 pm »

What made me sad? The fact that I feel so... guilty that I'm an agnostic in a devout family of Roman Catholics. I just cannot wait till I'm 18 and I tell them. :P

GASP

Take my advice and wait until you have gainful employment and a separate home before you tell them.

Also, I just found out that Cardinal Ratzinger was the previous head of the Inquisition. Makes sense.

(The Inquisition is still around, except with less burning of heretics and more bookkeeping.)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: May 18, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »

Cardinal Ratzinger was the one who declared Liberation Theology as heretical, giving death squads free reign to massacre individuals based on their faith.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: May 18, 2010, 08:00:53 pm »

I think Deathworks is just goddamn creepy and that makes me sad.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: May 18, 2010, 08:02:57 pm »

What, why?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: May 18, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »

Cardinal Ratzinger was the one who declared Liberation Theology as heretical, giving death squads free reign to massacre individuals based on their faith.

See? He is Emperor Palpatine. I want a new pope. Ours is creepy and oppressive.

Hi!

zchris13: You shouldn't judge someone based purely on how they post. Regardless of Deathwork's posting style, he is an old forum member and very helpful! If it's his avatar that's doing it, don't worry! There are many avatars, like LeoLeonardoIII's, that are nice to look at. Or, you could turn off avatars instead!

Vester
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: May 18, 2010, 08:07:26 pm »

Or, you could turn off avatars instead!

Or Adblock.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:13 pm »

Or, you could turn off avatars instead!

Or Adblock.

Wait, Adblock works for that?
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 8167