Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3829 3830 [3831] 3832 3833 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453298 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57450 on: January 15, 2013, 01:37:15 pm »

Today, I was brought to school by my parents in my car. And that's where the good stuff for today stops.

When I got to school, there was snow today, and tomorrow too :( , there was the usual pocket of bullies/dickheads throwing snowballs at my head and neck for no specific reason, I charged at them (because I'm stupid like that and don't realize that I'm only making a fool out of myself) and got my leg hurt. It still hurts now. Lunch time and the big long lunch pause, we get to play and throw snowballs on the big grass field that we're usually not allowed on. Quite fun until the same dickheads charge at me and throw snowballs right into my face from up close. I make a fool of myself once again. The only people that like me in school are my friends and the others in my class. I come home, make my homework. I spend far too long working on something and now I only have 1 hour and a half left to do anything. On top of that, my thread about Civ 4 not working has got no replies at all, so I still can't play it.

Ugh, there has been so much shit lately.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57451 on: January 15, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »

Today, I was brought to school by my parents in my car. And that's where the good stuff for today stops.

When I got to school, there was snow today, and tomorrow too :( , there was the usual pocket of bullies/dickheads throwing snowballs at my head and neck for no specific reason, I charged at them (because I'm stupid like that and don't realize that I'm only making a fool out of myself) and got my leg hurt. It still hurts now. Lunch time and the big long lunch pause, we get to play and throw snowballs on the big grass field that we're usually not allowed on. Quite fun until the same dickheads charge at me and throw snowballs right into my face from up close. I make a fool of myself once again. The only people that like me in school are my friends and the others in my class. I come home, make my homework. I spend far too long working on something and now I only have 1 hour and a half left to do anything. On top of that, my thread about Civ 4 not working has got no replies at all, so I still can't play it.

Ugh, there has been so much shit lately.
As a vengeful person within limits, i refrain from statement.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57452 on: January 15, 2013, 02:09:37 pm »

I posted in it! :)  is it ilegal to post or send files of that nature via email?  I'd just send you mine.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57453 on: January 15, 2013, 02:22:15 pm »

Well I just had the most epic failure of a therapy session, the guy basically tag teamed with my mother while he patronized and antagonized me through a series of very lengthy lectures, when none of this really had an impact on me he then tried mixing it up with Doctor Phil BS (really, I'm your friend, I'm just trying to help you, but I need you to help me help you), guilt trips (you're being such a huge burden on the world around you, don't want to contribute to society?), and appeals to my own self interest (Don't want to improve your life, go somewhere? Have freedoms?)...
Which was a huge nostalgia trip because he basically went over every single "I'm going to lecture you about your bad behaviour, son." trope that I experienced over and over and over again as a child. I literally had lectures like that numerous times every year since age 5... it wasn't effective then and it isn't effective now. In fact it basically made me feel far far worse about myself.

When this didn't get much of a response, he decided that my life obviously lacked consequences... which he seemed to strongly imply was up to my parents to impose... Also that I obviously needed medication.

Yeah... I think my opinion of him changed from, "Not Very Impressed" to, "Distinctly Negative".

Oh and then at the end he asked if I wanted to see him again in two weeks, my mother said it was my choice, then when I said I'd rather not, he said, "Well why don't we schedule again anyway." and my mother sorted it out...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57454 on: January 15, 2013, 02:29:26 pm »

I posted in it! :)  is it ilegal to post or send files of that nature via email?  I'd just send you mine.
Thanks man. I'll try to get this mod working first.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57455 on: January 15, 2013, 02:49:02 pm »

Oh and then at the end he asked if I wanted to see him again in two weeks, my mother said it was my choice, then when I said I'd rather not, he said, "Well why don't we schedule again anyway." and my mother sorted it out...
You'd like mine - I went there, he told me to come again when the symptoms were more obvious, I came back, after 15 minutes I got a prescription, done. Very nice guy, but I'll have to ask about other forms of therapy some time.

Which leads my to my sad: I'm now on antidepressants. They make me tense and give me tremors. Not so good when you need to write stuff down :/
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57456 on: January 15, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »

Stand up for yourself. I also used to have a quack doctor and I beat around the bush for way to fucking long. It seriously fucked me up. This guy is clearly not good for you. Next time you see him be polite but firm that you will no longer see him. No one can force you to see this fucker unless you are crazy, and you certainly don't seem so.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57457 on: January 15, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »

What Cript says. Don't go to a therapist you don't like. Ever. No therapist can do their job properly without having their patient's trust and respect.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57458 on: January 15, 2013, 03:13:34 pm »

Unless they like. Brainwash you. But I'm not sure if that is what you want.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #57459 on: January 15, 2013, 03:17:27 pm »

PNX, therapy will never help you if you mom is there to watch over you, because you will never be comfortable bringing up the stuff keeping you down. Maybe therapy can help, therapy with your mom obviously can't.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57460 on: January 15, 2013, 03:19:48 pm »

I would like to find a trustworthy therapist. Purely so I can get a mental check-up. I'm having my first physical, first in many years at least, within a few months and I would like to get the mental equivalent (Would that just be a Mental?) at the same time or thereabouts.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #57461 on: January 15, 2013, 03:21:58 pm »

I just want to say, your mother has no business being in your therapy sessions if you don't want her there.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57462 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:05 pm »

To re-cap what everyone said:

To Therapist and Mother: YUR DOIN' IT RONG
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57463 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:15 pm »

I would recommend trying your best to find a good therapist on your own, and then pushing your mom to take you THERE instead. Specifically, look for one who will (after she brings you) make  it clear that she's not allowed to eavesdrop on the sessions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57464 on: January 15, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »

Got water all over my keyboard. And now I'm out of speculatius paste D:
Pages: 1 ... 3829 3830 [3831] 3832 3833 ... 8167