Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3751 3752 [3753] 3754 3755 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471809 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56280 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:57 pm »

Tell you the truth i rather have my foreskin cut during the age of i don't remember shit, that way i don't get that awesome repressive memory while im taking a leak only after 3 days from operation. Honestly you can't miss what you never used.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56281 on: December 12, 2012, 07:58:41 pm »

I am the anti-kaijyuu.
Woohoo, I have an archnemesis! :D
Wait, how come you get an archnemesis and I don't? D:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56282 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:29 pm »

I didn't say it was the same thing and it's insulting really.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56283 on: December 12, 2012, 08:13:32 pm »

I didn't say it was the same thing and it's insulting really.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then what the hell are we arguing about! Damn it! Now I have no one to be mad at! RAEG.

I find myself arguing with alot of people who actually agree with me these days. I guess that's sad.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56284 on: December 12, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

I am the anti-kaijyuu.
Woohoo, I have an archnemesis! :D
Wait, how come you get an archnemesis and I don't? D:
You stole my face, right? You can borrow Misko and he won't even notice it's not me.

Tell you the truth i rather have my foreskin cut during the age of i don't remember shit, that way i don't get that awesome repressive memory while im taking a leak only after 3 days from operation. Honestly you can't miss what you never used.
First off, you're implying it's one or the other. There's a third option of never removing it at all.
Secondly, you're seriously comparing the stress of remembering an operation to having an operation done without consent? I'm not sure how the former could possibly be considered worse.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56285 on: December 12, 2012, 09:02:03 pm »

Well Kai like I said its just me. You couldn't get me under the knife willingly without knocking my ass out. For the circumcision argument it would be cool to get that available choice but it's not something you want to opt in at a later lifetime, pain can go a long way with a developed body but maybe 3 days after for a infant (assuming the op is successful). I can't really argue about this as would be the point, its not like I can get it back, am I really gonna hold a grudge against my parents who were (hopefully) thinking the best for me at the time? Would I make the same choice too for my future kid? I dunno, could I save him the trouble? Should I give him the choice later on? Choices are rare in childhood and even the parent wouldn't have it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56286 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:14 pm »

Which would you prefer your child angrily approaching you with, Tell?

1) You taking away something he could never get back, or
2) Making him have a painful surgery.

And remember it's not even a 50/50 risk here. #1 is far more likely to happen. (I'm not making a false dichotomy here either, as I realize there are more possibilities. But these are all the "bad" possibilities.)

If your goal is avoiding problems, then realize one problem can never be solved, and the other is an annoyance that will pass.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56287 on: December 12, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »

You know what sucks? Every time something happens to put me in a very good mood, a few hours later I kind of crash and get very depressed. I know that this is just my brain doing its stupid phyco-babble bullshit that it always pulls. I know that in reality I have no reason to be thinking as dark thoughts as I am. I know that by the next morning I will be back to normal. I know that this literally comes down to nothing more than chemicals.
Still doesn't make me feel much better.

I got a job this morning. After literally years of searching, I moved across the state to where the employment figures were better and got a job in less than two weeks. I was over the fucking moon with joy! Now I just want to crawl in bed and forget that reality is a thing.
I hate being insane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56288 on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:27 pm »

Hugpile on Max!

Also, why is a point in FAVOUR of circumcision "No sane adult would do it willingly"? That... That seems like a point against.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56289 on: December 12, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »

Hugpile on Max!

Also, why is a point in FAVOUR of circumcision "No sane adult would do it willingly"? That... That seems like a point against.
Because sane adults tend to also be quite simultaneously stupid?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56290 on: December 12, 2012, 09:32:27 pm »

Okay, "No sane adult with everything related to it explained to them would do it willingly."
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56291 on: December 12, 2012, 09:33:20 pm »

Okay, "No sane adult with everything related to it explained to them would do it willingly."
Ahh, but that was not the point argued.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56292 on: December 12, 2012, 09:33:26 pm »

Because babies aren't people, they are animals that we can groom and trim to suit our taste. They will never grow up into people with their own thoughts and opinions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56293 on: December 12, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »

Ahh, but that was not the point argued.
Who's point? My point, his point, your point, no point?

Because it was my point, I just clarified. So... Yeah, I don't think you're allowed to tell someone what their own damn point is. If so, I'm outtie.

* Descan ollies.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:38:25 pm by Descan »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #56294 on: December 12, 2012, 09:35:58 pm »

You know what sucks? Every time something happens to put me in a very good mood, a few hours later I kind of crash and get very depressed. I know that this is just my brain doing its stupid phyco-babble bullshit that it always pulls. I know that in reality I have no reason to be thinking as dark thoughts as I am. I know that by the next morning I will be back to normal. I know that this literally comes down to nothing more than chemicals.
Still doesn't make me feel much better.

I got a job this morning. After literally years of searching, I moved across the state to where the employment figures were better and got a job in less than two weeks. I was over the fucking moon with joy! Now I just want to crawl in bed and forget that reality is a thing.
I hate being insane.

Sorry to hear that dude. I'm familiar with that feeling. :(

A sad for me today was I got 25% on a test I felt confident on. I have got good marks on the other tests this year, but I'd throw that all away to know what I'm good at. Almost all the time I think I know something, I do shit at it, and almost all the time I'm like "maybe I'll scrape it" I get great marks. It makes no fucking sense.

I can't cognitively practice things if my brain thinks it knows it all!

:(
Pages: 1 ... 3751 3752 [3753] 3754 3755 ... 8167