Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3740 3741 [3742] 3743 3744 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471657 times)

Glubags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56115 on: December 09, 2012, 12:05:09 pm »

Realizing that I'll have to wait until next year to order new outer tie rods and various suspension pieces for my car made me sad today.  Well, not really sad, but close enough.

ashes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56116 on: December 09, 2012, 06:58:44 pm »

Everything I try to make ends up sounding like c***!  >:( :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56117 on: December 09, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »

... cake? Cars? Cola? Carp? Caps? Do you use caps as instruments? What about carp? I could see some kind of hydromusic using carp jumping.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56118 on: December 09, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

Was starting to do a piece after a longish while. Started okay, then a three hour movie captivates me and now it's 1 AM I'm knee deep in the damn Lonesome Valley without any end in sight. That wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to get up in the morning for Physics Labs. And while I kinda hate the current theoretical stuff we're doing I always love doing the friggin experiments :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56119 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »

Today is monday.. that is all..

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56120 on: December 09, 2012, 08:59:24 pm »

But Monday is the best day of the week! You get back to work and can see any your colleges again, day[9] lets us dick around for a while, and if you are like me, you get paid!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56121 on: December 09, 2012, 09:40:11 pm »

You ever just get that feeling? It's pretty unpleasant. To know that you're lying to yourself, that you're better than what you think you are, but to still be utterly convinced that you're a waste. It doesn't help that I perfectly fit the 'general' definition of a loser pretty much completely, except I have a job.

I'm twenty, and I live with my parents. I'm almost a felon, I'm a drug addict, I don't have a girlfriend or any prospects, I have no money saved, I sit around on my days off, doing jack shit, and I'm a manipulative, emotional, paranoid, and jealous jerk most of the time. Fuck. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56122 on: December 09, 2012, 09:49:39 pm »

Yeah but we like you anyway.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #56123 on: December 09, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »

Huh. Minus the 'emotional' 'job' and 'drug addict' bits, and you've got me.
Dammit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56124 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:51 pm »

See, this is the frustrating part. I know I'm not as bad as I feel, but I still feel that way. :/

Dammit.

I want to point out that you are lamenting being like me, but I'd rather laugh in misplaced schadenfreude right now. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56125 on: December 09, 2012, 09:59:21 pm »

I got chased out of a MUD because people think I'm predictable. I can't take it up with the immortals because it was an immortal-in-training who spearheaded the effort. It's kind of a shame because I kind of liked that MUD as a sort of chatroom and now I have nowhere left to chat with people at.

I don't even have a single person on my MSN because the last person that was on there said he was done being nice to me and starting treating me like shit because of it. I feel real fucking lonely right now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #56126 on: December 09, 2012, 10:07:48 pm »

See, this is the frustrating part. I know I'm not as bad as I feel, but I still feel that way. :/

Dammit.

I want to point out that you are lamenting being like me, but I'd rather laugh in misplaced schadenfreude right now. :P
Not exactly, just lamenting having circumstances of my own making that are similar to yours.
What's schadenfreude?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #56127 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:17 pm »

I got chased out of a MUD because people think I'm predictable. I can't take it up with the immortals because it was an immortal-in-training who spearheaded the effort. It's kind of a shame because I kind of liked that MUD as a sort of chatroom and now I have nowhere left to chat with people at.

I don't even have a single person on my MSN because the last person that was on there said he was done being nice to me and starting treating me like shit because of it. I feel real fucking lonely right now.

Crunch. :( Sorry to hear that dude. You have the forum at least.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56128 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:37 pm »

Depending on how severely you're self loathing this can be good or bad. It's good if it motivates you to do better. It's bad if it prevents you from doing better.

Your life sucks. No one's going to deny that right now, Hans. But in time, it can be much, much better. Especially once you're out of drug court. Don't be too hard on yourself right now :( You're in a rough spot and it's understandable if you get frustrated or whatever and say things you don't mean.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56129 on: December 09, 2012, 10:15:23 pm »

Not exactly, just lamenting having circumstances of my own making that are similar to yours.
What's schadenfreude?

Schadenfreude is when you feel humor or pleasure in the suffering of another. It's why nutshots are funny.

Depending on how severely you're self loathing this can be good or bad. It's good if it motivates you to do better. It's bad if it prevents you from doing better.

Your life sucks. No one's going to deny that right now, Hans. But in time, it can be much, much better. Especially once you're out of drug court. Don't be too hard on yourself right now :( You're in a rough spot and it's understandable if you get frustrated or whatever and say things you don't mean.

Indeed. :/ Mostly, it prevents me from doing better. I'm always trying to be a good person, and trying to do the good thing. I'm fundamentally a good person. But all this shit brings me down, makes me procrastinate, makes me angry and depressed. I would be better off without whatever it is that causes this shit.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3740 3741 [3742] 3743 3744 ... 8167