Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3704 3705 [3706] 3707 3708 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476712 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55575 on: November 20, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »

I have a feeling that a friend is slowly starting to dislike me...
This really sucks. He's calling me a noliver and summing up everything bad about that, insulting me... I dunno. Mayby it's just him, but i'm concerned. Especially since i don't know anyone that could be a friend on school.

One of my best friends does nothing but insult me when I see him.  :)  Some people are just like that.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55576 on: November 20, 2012, 03:48:17 pm »

Well it depends on how they "insult" you.

Are they just joking? Brush it off or tell them to stop. If they respect ya as a friend, they'll stop.
Are they trying to help you improve? Don't take it personally; take it as advice.
Are they a jerkass and bringing you down just to bring you down? Get rid of them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55577 on: November 20, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

This really sucks. He's calling me a noliver and summing up everything bad about that, insulting me... I dunno. Mayby it's just him, but i'm concerned. Especially since i don't know anyone that could be a friend on school.

One of my best friends does nothing but insult me when I see him.  :)  Some people are just like that.

What the heck's a noliver anyway? He could be complimenting you for all you know.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55578 on: November 20, 2012, 04:03:47 pm »

Feeling a bit down today..
Got several games on my computer but I don't feel like playing any of them..
And steam have stopped accepting my credit card ( got money on it tough).
So.. any freeware stuff out there I have yet to discover?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55579 on: November 20, 2012, 04:04:27 pm »

Presumably it's related to the liver's connection to alcohol. To insult someone and call them a noliver would, in this case, mean that they have a low alcohol tolerance. (Which, to me, is good. Cheaper to get drunk that way. :P )

Or it could possibly mean that they have "no life". Possibly?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55580 on: November 20, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »

"No life" is a ridiculous concept. One may have a life that doesn't follow the values of another person's, but it is still a life, and a valuable one.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55581 on: November 20, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »

"No life" is a ridiculous concept. One may have a life that doesn't follow the values of another person's, but it is still a life, and a valuable one.
Oh really?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55582 on: November 20, 2012, 04:36:34 pm »

I thiiiink I understand what you mean by that, but not sure.

Okay, one's life CAN be unhappy and miserable, and one might call such a life to be "no life." That's fine. However, it's up to that person to determine whether they're unhappy and miserable, not you, not me, not anyone else. Provided they're happy and not in denial, your opinion of how they're spending their time means squat.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #55583 on: November 20, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »

Peppermint extract is stronger than vanilla extract. You cannot do a 1:1 substitution.

I may have ruined a batch of cookies due to this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55584 on: November 20, 2012, 05:43:32 pm »

Peppermint extract actually kinda' burns if applied to the skin undiluted (still better than the stench of month old food rot!). S'seriously a bit painful. I don't think vanilla extract does that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55585 on: November 20, 2012, 06:04:43 pm »

One of my best friends insults pretty much all of his friends, although he does this to me less frequently. Some people use teasing to strengthen bonds. :)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #55586 on: November 20, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »

There's joking friendly insulting, and being a dick. With what information we have, this sounds like the latter.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55587 on: November 20, 2012, 09:33:39 pm »

Yes mom, I know I need to take these pictures for school. Yes mom, I know I'm failing two classes. Yes mom, I know I'm getting a D in Algebra. Good god, I'm turning into a fucking failure. I'm going to end up dropping out of high school like she did.  :'(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55588 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:04 pm »

So I might have pneumonia. I've been sick for the better part of a month and the congestion just keeps worsening. Hopefully will see a doctor soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55589 on: November 21, 2012, 03:31:12 am »

In case you're wondering about the resolution to everything, he doesn't want me--so that's that.

I want to be alone and I need to study for finals, so I'm going to go now.  May be back, maybe not.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3704 3705 [3706] 3707 3708 ... 8167