Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3701 3702 [3703] 3704 3705 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446184 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55530 on: November 19, 2012, 08:24:42 am »

I'll play it with ya! :)

My sad: I have a sprained, sore neck from the headbanging I did on Saturday. Sheesh. Seriously, this has to be pretty much the wussiest injury ever. Seriously. Ugh. I didn't even do that much headbanging; it took me a while to reach the correct level of drunkenness to do so.
Edit:
Hopefully it'll be all  better by Wednesday so I can do it all again! :P And then again on Friday, and again the week after that... Woo!

Don't overdo that tho, not sure how much and for how long you'll be doing, but after a particular Iron Maiden concert was spent headbanging (most of it anyways) the next couple of days weren't really fun as all that kinda shut down my neck muscles, not being able to hold your head up without using hands is annoying, especially if you need both of your hands at the time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55531 on: November 19, 2012, 11:53:53 am »

It's monday again D:

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55532 on: November 19, 2012, 02:59:49 pm »

[Classworks getting the way of gaming :( .]
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55533 on: November 19, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55534 on: November 19, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »

Did kinda bad on a test. Not failing bad, but still down there.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #55535 on: November 19, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »

Failing bad at simple math, this is sooo demotivational. Couldnt do even the easiest of homework. Makes me just want to hide the mathbook and forget it exists but that just makes everything worse. If I just had someone to explain this to me I know it wouldnt be so hard.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55536 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:02 pm »

Define "simple math." I did pretty damn good in a calculus class in high school, but I never, ever really caught on to trig. Some things take longer to click than others.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55537 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:41 pm »

Failing bad at simple math, this is sooo demotivational. Couldnt do even the easiest of homework. Makes me just want to hide the mathbook and forget it exists but that just makes everything worse. If I just had someone to explain this to me I know it wouldnt be so hard.
What are you doing in math? Can't help without specifics.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55538 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:32 pm »

Found the combined receipt/warranty for the computer. I was right, it broke down exactly one year and one week after I bought it. Can you say "planned product failing"?

Furthermore, the store warranty is one year. I'll have to read up closer on the Swedish three year warranty law. I'm already doubting I have the energy to quarrel with the store over this, but I would rather not have to squeeze another laptop out of my meagre savings either.
Love, scriver~

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #55539 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:27 pm »

Was it a HP laptop? Every single one I have owned mysteriously failed in its 13th month of ownership.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55540 on: November 19, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »

Found the combined receipt/warranty for the computer. I was right, it broke down exactly one year and one week after I bought it. Can you say "planned product failing"?

Furthermore, the store warranty is one year. I'll have to read up closer on the Swedish three year warranty law. I'm already doubting I have the energy to quarrel with the store over this, but I would rather not have to squeeze another laptop out of my meagre savings either.
I bet if you look in there, there's a tiny explosive/jamming device. Too late now, most likely self-destructed, but next time look for any suspicious nodes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #55541 on: November 19, 2012, 03:50:51 pm »

I had the most unbelievably saccharine dream last night. It involved a girl I have had a crush on that I will never see again. It was so saccharine, in fact, that I am disgusted at my nominally cynical self for not being filled with enough misanthropic hatred for all humanity.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55542 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:09 pm »

Why won't you see her again? :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #55543 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »

Why won't you see her again? :(

She was a German chick at language camp in Finland. Then I got kicked out of Finland for bullshit reasons.

Anyway, the dream was this: we are traveling together in a train. The train is pink. I recall maybe we were in Germany (visiting relatives?).

Now, I have...not synesthesia, but- and this was more true when I was a kid- some things just have associated colors. Numbers, letters, country. Anyways, we were looking over our map and I mentioned the color thing for countries. I mentioned that Austria (why? she isn't Austrian) was pink for me. She asked why.

Now, why, brain- because I answered that at one point we had been in Austria together and she had mispronounced a dialectal word that was used in Austria but not Germany, and she blushed, and I remembered her cheeks going bright pink. Eugh. It's like something out of a Leave it to Beaver-themed romance novel for tween girls. God. She's the most bloody adorable brown-eyed ginger in existence. I befriended her, but I am also utterly terrified of women (stemming mostly from a pretty traumatizing teacher crush for three years of high school). So I never got around to asking her to canoe out on the lake, because I was too busy wandering around worrying about it to the awesome Belgian guy who introduced me to the wonders of maté and did a sing-along of the Velvet Underground's Venus in Furs on the bus back from Tampere.

(Yay, attractive German redheads. I suspect she's more normal than either Asuka Langley or Wanda von Dunajew, or I hope so...)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55544 on: November 19, 2012, 04:07:58 pm »

Was it a HP laptop? Every single one I have owned mysteriously failed in its 13th month of ownership.

No, thankfully not HP. It was an MSI, or whatever the letters are. Unless that's a daughter of HP or something.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3701 3702 [3703] 3704 3705 ... 8167