Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 [3663] 3664 3665 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455218 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54930 on: November 03, 2012, 12:03:26 am »

What'd he do to make himself un-innocent?
When he shot another man in the face and claimed he thought he was a deer?
To be fair, Cheney is used to hunting the deadliest prey. It was an accident because Cheney thought the guy was a deer, and he would never waste ammunition on mere deer.
Dick Cheny vs Bear Grylls. Deadliest Warrior. Go.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54931 on: November 03, 2012, 12:52:49 am »

"Dick Cheney? Better drink my own piss."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54932 on: November 03, 2012, 12:56:58 am »

At least he's a former Vice President instead of a bear.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54933 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:25 am »

Put on some weight and grow some hair and he could be both. Though that'd need an orientation change, too...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #54934 on: November 03, 2012, 01:42:42 am »

Getting deeply depressed. Fucking holidays ring nothing but hollow for me. I can't wait to get the hell out of here and move on with another attempt at having a real life instead of biding my fucking time for another year while shit develops.
D:

You're awesome, MZ. Not just at facepunching. Don't forget that.

I do understand the "sick of just biding my time" thing. And the being unable to wait to get the fuck out of where you are. Sympathies :(

Me too, though I think for different reasons.  Life stuff has been happening the last couple weeks, completely preventing me from doing any 3d work.  I sooooooooooo fucking wish I could just quit my job and devote myself to making this thing happen.  I would have the project I'm working on now done 3x over if I were able to dedicate myself it to full-time.  I'm sick of being stuck in this office and constantly climbing over obstacles outside of this office that want to prevent me from making other opportunities for myself.  I'm wondering how long until the staph infection hits, just like last time I worked myself like this.  I know it's going to happen.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54935 on: November 03, 2012, 10:43:42 am »

After the surprise assault yesterday morning, and the following token resistance, Self Hate cooled off into General Depression over the course of the day, and settled in deeply. There was nothing I could really do to shake it out of it's position, until very late in the day. I got off work an hour early because I was doing no good being there in that mood. As I was leaving, my LF gave me a hug and told me to text her. Typically I just text her or tell her I'ma text her. It was a nice change of events.
So Depression got into a pitched battle again that night with the resistance and their allies, Friends. Battle was fought throughout the night, until this morning. Depression is now a sad shadow of itself, only a mere Tired. Hopefully today brings further victories.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54936 on: November 03, 2012, 10:46:55 am »

* kaijyuu kneels before Hans.

I offer my services in the battle against the evil armies of Depression, m'lord.

surprise assault yesterday morning
Serious mode, do elaborate D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54937 on: November 03, 2012, 10:55:19 am »

Woke up angry today. Now I'm somewhere that isn't angry, but it doesn't seem very pleasant either.

Apparently, after I defeated Jealousy the other night, Self-Hate planned and executed a massive counter-attack while I was sleeping. I woke up and could only provide minor resistance to the occupying forces. :/

Anyways, I'm not in nearly as bad a mood as I was yesterday. I even ended up making one of my coworkers mad at me for a little while, which almost never happens. So I should probably put this in happy thread, but I'm not really happy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54938 on: November 03, 2012, 10:58:17 am »

Ah, I see. I read assault as a physical assault, like someone mugged you :X

Oh well,

* kaijyuu hugs anyway :)
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54939 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:20 am »

Ah, I see. I read assault as a physical assault, like someone mugged you :X

Oh well,

* kaijyuu hugs anyway :)

Thankfully not. I generally have boxcutters and things from work, so either I would have cut them severely, or they would have seriously injured me. It's dumb to fight back, but I doubt in the mood I was in that I would have cared.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54940 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:05 am »

We have a d&d game tonight, if you're available :D Maybe that will help cheer you up.

My sad: I dunno, it's just a grim morning for me. :( I feel inadequate in everything, and that I've been a bit rude to a couple people already today.

A minor thing compared to a lot of people, but still...

* kaijyuu sighs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54941 on: November 03, 2012, 11:19:24 am »

We have a d&d game tonight, if you're available :D Maybe that will help cheer you up.

My sad: I dunno, it's just a grim morning for me. :( I feel inadequate in everything, and that I've been a bit rude to a couple people already today.

A minor thing compared to a lot of people, but still...

* kaijyuu sighs.

I'll be there.

And that sucks. :/ You're not inadequate, Kai. Everyone has bad days.
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54942 on: November 03, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »

Minor!sad: Breaking in some new shoes. Semi-formal ones. Mon heel regrete. At time of taking the things off, am about another dozen yards in them from wearing a bloody hole into the back of my heel-thing.

I really, really don't like low-ish heeled shoes. Until they're well worn, they hurt. Mumblemutter limping now, gah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54943 on: November 03, 2012, 04:23:46 pm »

Ah oui les talons, ça fait mal comme la merde.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54944 on: November 03, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »

The religion bashing on what I thought was a cultured and accepting forum.

Also, I'm too genre savvy for my own good. There's still the occasional twists that surprises me like when in Psych
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, or a show that just does it really well like Heros. But overall I'm cynicpressingly good at recognizing plot structure and tropes.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 [3663] 3664 3665 ... 8167