Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3659 3660 [3661] 3662 3663 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455190 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54900 on: November 02, 2012, 12:21:54 pm »

Woke up angry today. Now I'm somewhere that isn't angry, but it doesn't seem very pleasant either.

Apparently, after I defeated Jealousy the other night, Self-Hate planned and executed a massive counter-attack while I was sleeping. I woke up and could only provide minor resistance to the occupying forces. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54901 on: November 02, 2012, 12:24:14 pm »

I really wanted to go to this lunch thing for a new juvenile court judge, but cannot. There would've presumably been food involved and a chance to get to know what I may potentially be dealing with. I have no idea. Would've been nice all the same.

I usually hate talking shop (law) but seeing as this was more of a work thing than that....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54902 on: November 02, 2012, 12:41:52 pm »

Good news about my sister, she's recovering at a rate even I find hard to believe. They're saying that she'll still be in the hospital for at least two weeks, though.

Unfortunately, some idiot family member told her about her boyfriend and baby in a way that they assumed we already told her. Can't imagine her taking that very well.
Holy shit, I obviously missed this story.
*goes back and reads a few days*
Jesus....my condolences and thoughts to your and your family.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #54903 on: November 02, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »

My sister had a bank account, that she closed, and canceled all automatic payments coming out of, but an automatic payment still hit it so the bank reopened the account, so they could bounce the payment twice and charge two bounced check fees. And since my sister has no money left at all, their automatic system figured out that we are related and took money from my fucking account.

My mother has accepted that the only way that they can make ends meet, even with me paying all their rent and utilities, is for my sister to declare bankruptcy. Now all we need to do is convince my sister to do that without becoming more depressed/suicidal/dysfunctional.

I've already put myself at great risk and dramatically increased my monthly bills by taking them in. I can't afford to bail them out any more.

And to top it all off, they do nothing but sit around the house all day, sleep or watch tv. My mother keeps telling me I should exercise, but they wont move their fucking huge ass piles of worthless shit in the garage so that one might walk through it, much less allow me to get my bicycle out. She has it in her head that I am the dysfunctional one because I can't work 8 to 12 hours a day, and then come home and deal with anything when all she can do is spew empty christian rhetoric at me, ignorant baseless political positions and the latest news of her unending suffering for hours every day.

There is a reason I moved the fuck out when I was 17. This shit is twerking my last nerve.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54904 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
^Tell her the church frowns upon those who do nothing to help themselves or others.^

In the more politically important ones (like the one I stopped attending and now may have to again) they judge you on a lot more than your ethic, which you seem to think she might improve.

Depression or no you need to remind her that as a presumed grown woman she has obligations to herself, her community, her church, and God.  The church believes selfless deeds are in fact a key part of piritual health, or at least the christian ones around my part do...  I do hope this kind of helps...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54905 on: November 02, 2012, 01:14:16 pm »

My sister had a bank account, that she closed, and canceled all automatic payments coming out of, but an automatic payment still hit it so the bank reopened the account, so they could bounce the payment twice and charge two bounced check fees. And since my sister has no money left at all, their automatic system figured out that we are related and took money from my fucking account.
This seems incredibly, incredibly illegal.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54906 on: November 02, 2012, 01:25:53 pm »

My mother has accepted that the only way that they can make ends meet, even with me paying all their rent and utilities, is for my sister to declare bankruptcy. Now all we need to do is convince my sister to do that without becoming more depressed/suicidal/dysfunctional.

I've already put myself at great risk and dramatically increased my monthly bills by taking them in. I can't afford to bail them out any more.

And to top it all off, they do nothing but sit around the house all day, sleep or watch tv. My mother keeps telling me I should exercise, but they wont move their fucking huge ass piles of worthless shit in the garage so that one might walk through it, much less allow me to get my bicycle out. She has it in her head that I am the dysfunctional one because I can't work 8 to 12 hours a day, and then come home and deal with anything when all she can do is spew empty christian rhetoric at me, ignorant baseless political positions and the latest news of her unending suffering for hours every day.

There is a reason I moved the fuck out when I was 17. This shit is twerking my last nerve.
*brofist*

My mother sounds very similar (useless, broke, piles of junk everywhere). Went up to visit her last week and realized that the reason I don't visit more often is the same reason I don't go to the doctor very often: I know shit's broken, I just don't want to know how badly broken. She cancelled her health insurance because it was too expensive, then lost her Medicaid coverage because she had too much assets, thanks to a $10,000 CD she inherited that we didn't know about. So she spent a chunk of that to get below the threshhold, then lost her coverage anyways because she failed to show up for a meeting she claims she wasn't notified of.

She had two friends move in with her, to "help pay utilities and rent and keep the place fixed up". They're in as poor physical shape as she is. Lawn hadn't been mown in months, place is slowly deteriorating. Did I mention that I'm her landlord, and the only "rent" I charge is asking her to pay the property taxes on the place? *sigh*

And I didn't even move out when I was a teenage, she had custody removed when I was 6 because she had fucked up her life so bad. I literally owe this woman nothing but some DNA. She's little more than a distant relative in my eyes.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54907 on: November 02, 2012, 01:32:27 pm »

Everyone, time for hug-pile for all the sads lately.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54908 on: November 02, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »

* kaijyuu crackles knuckles

Who's first for hugs?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54909 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:49 pm »

^Tell her the church frowns upon those who do nothing to help themselves or others.^

In the more politically important ones (like the one I stopped attending and now may have to again) they judge you on a lot more than your ethic, which you seem to think she might improve.

Depression or no you need to remind her that as a presumed grown woman she has obligations to herself, her community, her church, and God.  The church believes selfless deeds are in fact a key part of piritual health, or at least the christian ones around my part do...  I do hope this kind of helps...

Won't help. After we got out of the shitstorm that was my fathers religion, she returned to her southern baptist roots but was rejected by them for the unforgivable sin of divorcing a brutal psychopathic madman, then she went methodist for a while and now she is "non-denominational" because they rejected her for being poor. And besides that, I am very much an theologically literate atheist, an appeal the the church is worse than an appeal to faith, which is worse than pretty much everything else that I could do say short of intentionally pushing all of her emotional buttons.

My mother is disabled, she has legitimate reasons she can't do much. But my step father isn't. And my sister isn't disabled in a way that would keep her from doing occasional housework in the times when she isn't suffering a migraine.

What I need is for my mother to stop spewing shit that I am going to feel obligated to defend against and refute. And for my stepfather and sister to occasionally get off their asses and be productive, because they are relying on me or my crippled mother to take care of them both financially and in every other way.

The bank assures me that it isn't. I'm looking for a new bank.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54910 on: November 02, 2012, 01:43:07 pm »

The bank assures me that it isn't. I'm looking for a new bank.

Unless it was a shared account, or you count as their caretaker, it isn't. Being related isn't enough. I would strongly consider talking to a lawyer about this. Also, which bank was this? I want to make sure to never, ever bank with them.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54911 on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »

The bank is Regions. My sister was never on my account. Even though we share the same last name and now the same address.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54912 on: November 02, 2012, 01:52:20 pm »

That is illegal, hands down. Unless you have a shared account, (either her on yours, or you on hers. In the second case, it could reasonable be assumed the bill was for you), they have zero legal justification for this. They stole from you. Talk to a lawyer, or at the very least take them to petty court.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54913 on: November 02, 2012, 01:54:06 pm »

* kaijyuu crackles knuckles

Who's first for hugs?

COME AT ME BRO. *hug*

Saddest part is, I'm basically waiting for her to die so we can sell the house (after we rent a bulldozer to push the piles of junk out of the house...seriously, it's borderline to an episode of Hoarders) and split the money three ways to go for college funds for our two kids and my half-brother's daughter. Meanwhile, he's fucking up his life by cheating on his girlfriend while still working out the divorce from his ex-wife and trying to get custody of their daughter because an unmarried Army grunt with a live-in girlfriend is STILL a better home environment that his ex-wife would provide. *headdesk*

When other extended family members would tell me how proud they were of me, I always thought they were just being nice. Now I realize it was a polite way of saying "Good job on NOT being a fuck-up, considering what the rest of your branch of the tree looks like".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54914 on: November 02, 2012, 01:54:41 pm »

No question about it, if you weren't connected to her account, it's illegal. As Glyph said, talk to a lawyer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 3659 3660 [3661] 3662 3663 ... 8167