Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3658 3659 [3660] 3661 3662 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455302 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54885 on: November 01, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

OMG did youtube just change again? Stop it already, it's barely been a year since your last change I think.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54886 on: November 01, 2012, 03:05:58 pm »

The severe cluster headaches I used to get have been coming back for the last month or so, culminating in the worst ones yet last Monday, and now today. They last for 6 hours or so, are completely unresponsive to painkillers or migraine stuff, and can be pretty debilitating at their worst.

It's all centered on my right eye socket; last time I got a physical done, the doctor was freaked out to find the entire back of my right eye red and filled with inflamed nerves and blood vessels. He recommended I see a neurologist, but there's no way in hell I can afford that out of pocket, since I have no options for medical insurance until I finish school.

Luckily, today's isn't one of the debilitating ones, but I work all night. Not looking forward to this. Canada, can I borrow your public medical care for a minute please?
* The Darkling Wolf attempts to temporarily switch citizenships so you can get some free healthcare
That doesn't sound very healthy. Also painfull.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54887 on: November 01, 2012, 03:07:21 pm »

Then the comic books.
I've heard of them. Are they total crap or actually worth my time?
I read one or two of 'em, they're pretty good.
Plus, they're actually written by Whedon.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54888 on: November 01, 2012, 04:57:24 pm »

I got stung by a bee yesterday on my ear, and while it stopped hurting a long time ago, right now it's very swollen and itchy :X

[/whiny insignificant problems]
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54889 on: November 01, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »

The severe cluster headaches I used to get have been coming back for the last month or so, culminating in the worst ones yet last Monday, and now today. They last for 6 hours or so, are completely unresponsive to painkillers or migraine stuff, and can be pretty debilitating at their worst.

It's all centered on my right eye socket; last time I got a physical done, the doctor was freaked out to find the entire back of my right eye red and filled with inflamed nerves and blood vessels. He recommended I see a neurologist, but there's no way in hell I can afford that out of pocket, since I have no options for medical insurance until I finish school.

Luckily, today's isn't one of the debilitating ones, but I work all night. Not looking forward to this. Canada, can I borrow your public medical care for a minute please?
I'm still waiting on the big sale. Canada buys Michigan from the US for what's left of the Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve. Both parties think they ripped off the other.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #54890 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:29 pm »

*Slams face into desk*

I hate having to meet out of school activity requirements
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54891 on: November 01, 2012, 06:34:30 pm »

"You can't make me socialize, you damned dirty apes!"

Ah, memories. How I don't miss thee, secondary education. Of course I still have to deal with the annoyance of the university treating the honors program as a social club instead of a way for people to get out of the banal university studies requirements.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #54892 on: November 01, 2012, 10:56:38 pm »

Ah, memories. How I don't miss thee, secondary education. Of course I still have to deal with the annoyance of the university treating the honors program as a social club instead of a way for people to get out of the banal university studies requirements.

Our honors program just makes you go to seminars that, dare I say, are generally pretty damn interesting on top of requiring a few honors courses that, once again, are generally pretty damn interesting. Also, they give you honors requirements to replace the university ones. Reading and writing of fiction and poetry and rhetoric to replace the two required English courses, and some other pretty neat replacements.

Anyhow, I'm sad because there's no love for the Shar-Pei. I think they're the most adorable bastards on the planet (tied with my tortoises actually) but every time I show people a picture they don't care. I feel like Hughes showing pictures of his daughter around in Fullmetal Alchemist.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54893 on: November 01, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »

Corgis for me.

So cute! Little waddler dogs. *squee*
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54894 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:34 pm »

Our honors program just makes you go to seminars that, dare I say, are generally pretty damn interesting on top of requiring a few honors courses that, once again, are generally pretty damn interesting. Also, they give you honors requirements to replace the university ones. Reading and writing of fiction and poetry and rhetoric to replace the two required English courses, and some other pretty neat replacements.

Yeah, it's the same deal for me. All of the basic requirements are replaced with honors seminars (which essentially amounts to having professors who only treat you like ignorant piles of shit if you disagree with them, rather than because you exist). Eh. Maybe I'm just being snarky about it because I've got a headache from dealing with the arcane rituals associated with the Registrar's office.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #54895 on: November 01, 2012, 11:14:59 pm »

Yeah, it's the same deal for me. All of the basic requirements are replaced with honors seminars (which essentially amounts to having professors who only treat you like ignorant piles of shit if you disagree with them, rather than because you exist). Eh. Maybe I'm just being snarky about it because I've got a headache from dealing with the arcane rituals associated with the Registrar's office.

Oh Jesus, not college bureaucracy. I'm in my third year (technically I'm a senior so I don't say my junior year, numbers are easier but I always have to explain this to people in conversation when people correct me thinking I don't know what names the different years have) and I STILL have not received credit for the french classes I took in high school. I have submitted the forms repeatedly and had my high school transcript sent multiple times. I have no damn clue what they want from me anymore T_T

But I feel for ya Dice. VCU has great professors who treat the students really well; I've only had one bad one my whole time there. Thus I can't imagine what it must be like to have to deal with assholes all day after being taught by assholes all day.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54896 on: November 02, 2012, 05:13:03 am »

Became sick 3 days ago, have no appetite for food and now prone to vomiting episodes.

why oh why oh why?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54897 on: November 02, 2012, 11:37:45 am »

Good news about my sister, she's recovering at a rate even I find hard to believe. They're saying that she'll still be in the hospital for at least two weeks, though.

Unfortunately, some idiot family member told her about her boyfriend and baby in a way that they assumed we already told her. Can't imagine her taking that very well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:17:18 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54899 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:45 pm »

I had a mouse living in my apartment for the last year.  Others have come, and summerily been executed by trap (he even ate half of one, I suspect), but this one stays.  He knows how to avoid the traps, and even steals the bait without setting them off.  (S)He's gotten big and occasionally bold enought to scamper about in the daylight.  I even got a kittten a week ago, but no luck... :(

Anywho, Im moving in less than two weeks, and it looks like this guy will outlast me.  It deserves a name, but I never got around to it.  So, here's to you, you little bugger.  The last year and a half have been fun, and I will miss you.  You bested me, it seems.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3658 3659 [3660] 3661 3662 ... 8167