Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3657 3658 [3659] 3660 3661 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455133 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54870 on: October 30, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »

I'm fine, don't worry about me :P

I find talking to people helps me deal with things, even if I have trouble bringing things up. Fortunately, I've got plenty of friends to talk to.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54871 on: October 30, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »

That's good to hear bro.

---

I'm sad that for my internals, there's a very small window of actual tiredness that actually allows me to go to sleep, and if I miss it? Fuck you, you're tossing and turning for the next four hours or more, maybe you won't be able to sleep at all!

Cut me some fucking slack here body, goddamnit, this is making me miserable.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54872 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:04 am »

I'm sad that for my internals, there's a very small window of actual tiredness that actually allows me to go to sleep, and if I miss it? Fuck you, you're tossing and turning for the next four hours or more, maybe you won't be able to sleep at all!
Cut me some fucking slack here body, goddamnit, this is making me miserable.
I've been feeling pretty general terribleness lately I guess.  I've been having really bad dry scalp which makes going to sleep impossible unless I rinse my hair beforehand and damp the hell out of my pillow.  We've been having a very severe lack of food in the house too.  I don't have a job so I shouldn't complain but how much toast (because we get the whitest god damn bread we can find to fend off hunger ever other day) and re-heated pasta can a man eat?  Good thing tomorrow is November 1st!  But no...food stamp groceries only last about a week before we go back to slug mode to conserve energy.

My parents can not handle money.  They get their checks on Thursdays or Fridays so they go out and GAMBLE IT ALL on the weekends.  Groceries?  PLATES?  SHAMPOO?  No fuck you gambling.

My Mom woke me up yesterday morning begging me for money (I have quite a bit for school and yes it's for school I haven't even used it to get a 3DS so I can play Virtue's Last Reward) in which I said "No" and then she got mad at me that I wasn't letting her steal my college finances and waking me up stupidly early in the morning.  After pestering me for 10 minutes she leaves for 5 and then comes back assuming I'm asleep for some reason and starts rifling through my things looking for my fucking debit card.  No it's not fun.  Yes I should work I try to be helpful in keeping the house up.  But I don't make an income and I don't drive please take care of yourself!  I spend over $60 in gas money a week just because I want to feel I'm not being a total freeloader with my trips to the campus!  Why can't you handle money?  Why are you the most miserable boring people to live with?  What the fuck.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:37:36 am by ToonyMan »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54873 on: November 01, 2012, 12:12:34 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20172392

First incident of random trick or treating poisoning. Well sort of; they were handing out cocaine, so maybe they were just high and stupid rather than malicious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54874 on: November 01, 2012, 12:37:55 pm »

Be happy he didn't bake them into cookies or something.  What a futz.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54875 on: November 01, 2012, 01:13:55 pm »

jeez wish i was rich enough to hand out doobys and what not.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54876 on: November 01, 2012, 02:09:04 pm »

The severe cluster headaches I used to get have been coming back for the last month or so, culminating in the worst ones yet last Monday, and now today. They last for 6 hours or so, are completely unresponsive to painkillers or migraine stuff, and can be pretty debilitating at their worst.

It's all centered on my right eye socket; last time I got a physical done, the doctor was freaked out to find the entire back of my right eye red and filled with inflamed nerves and blood vessels. He recommended I see a neurologist, but there's no way in hell I can afford that out of pocket, since I have no options for medical insurance until I finish school.

Luckily, today's isn't one of the debilitating ones, but I work all night. Not looking forward to this. Canada, can I borrow your public medical care for a minute please?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54877 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:34 pm »

Saw Firefly.

Last episode to be precise.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54878 on: November 01, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »

Time for Serenity.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54879 on: November 01, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »

Time for Serenity.
That'll just make him MORE sad D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #54880 on: November 01, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »

He still has to watch it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54881 on: November 01, 2012, 02:55:42 pm »

Then the comic books.

Aren't there some novels too?
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54882 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »

The severe cluster headaches I used to get have been coming back for the last month or so, culminating in the worst ones yet last Monday, and now today. They last for 6 hours or so, are completely unresponsive to painkillers or migraine stuff, and can be pretty debilitating at their worst.

It's all centered on my right eye socket; last time I got a physical done, the doctor was freaked out to find the entire back of my right eye red and filled with inflamed nerves and blood vessels. He recommended I see a neurologist, but there's no way in hell I can afford that out of pocket, since I have no options for medical insurance until I finish school.

Luckily, today's isn't one of the debilitating ones, but I work all night. Not looking forward to this. Canada, can I borrow your public medical care for a minute please?
* The Darkling Wolf attempts to temporarily switch citizenships so you can get some free healthcare
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54883 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:53 pm »

Then the comic books.
I've heard of them. Are they total crap or actually worth my time?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54884 on: November 01, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »

I have no idea.
Pages: 1 ... 3657 3658 [3659] 3660 3661 ... 8167