Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471673 times)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53580 on: October 06, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

machine runs away, supects a trap.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53581 on: October 06, 2012, 10:47:18 pm »

* Descan just wanted to comfort it :cc
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53582 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:58 am »

I, uh...

Didn't know you could -stop- being a monk.
Of course, I Disrobed over a year ago. That's why I reappeared here.

Sad thread: wow, I've been here a long time. Almost too long as far as internet communities go.

I'd considered becoming a monk some years ago, but decided against it.

Hi-buddhist-five?

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53583 on: October 07, 2012, 07:15:51 am »

Im sick..... fuck.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53584 on: October 07, 2012, 08:46:12 am »

Oh man.
My sudden Facebook-browsing spree earlier, looking through all those 'people you may know', lead me to discover that an old friend of mine died earlier this year. :( I never knew him all that well, but unlike so many people on that list I would have actually liked to get to know him better.

I actually thought, "Oh, it's [NAME]! I wonder how he's doing, it would be good to catch up with him sometime," and then I clicked on it and found out. I'm kindof surprised at how much this is affecting me, at first I was shocked, and now I feel really, truly sad.
My mind is just dredging up all those old primary-school memories involving this guy, and I feel really bad, especially after only having found out about it over Facebook.
First I found out an old family friend had died the other day, and now this. I feel as though I need to track down all these people I've been semi-friends with over the years and get to know them or something... But then I'm nowhere near outgoing enough for that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53585 on: October 07, 2012, 08:50:01 am »

I think it's a good thing. That it made you sad, or rather, that you didn't feel happy about it. It's a sign of moral character to shun gloating about human miseries, I think.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53586 on: October 07, 2012, 09:47:39 am »

I feel empty today.  Don't really know why, but I've got all sorts of intangible suspicions, as I usually do.  You know, what with being one of those people who ponders every little detail and has a rampantly out-of-control hypothesis center of the brain.

I have zero energy.  I don't want to do anything.  Playing the guitar would just depress and frustrate me since I've gotten a bit rusty, and I don't feel any great urge to do it anyways.  I don't feel like playing any games, either the ones I know on my computer or ones I don't know on the net.  Don't feel like looking around for hysterical videos of funny things to cheer me up.  What's particularly interesting is that even the thought of suicide, something I generally have to deal with using a certain amount of tact and cautiousness, just seems 'lackluster'.  I'm completely numb.  I can't even be bothered to put the sheet properly back on the bed since it's been dragged off.

I kinda feel like I'd like to talk to someone, but I don't really have anyone to talk to.  Either generally or specifically in regards to how I feel now.  I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself at this point.  Briefly considered just going back to bed (as in, sleeping.  I've been lounging in bed all day anyways), but it's four in the afternoon and that just doesn't seem quite right.

Oh, wait, someone's on Facebook.  Maybe that will do something.  Or maybe I'll just avoid the subject entirely.  I'd be confused with myself, but I can't be bothered enough to be confused.  Strange feeling.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53587 on: October 07, 2012, 11:11:46 am »

Does this help?

Also, I know how you feel. I don't know how to help, really, but I sympathize. And also there's the video.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53588 on: October 07, 2012, 11:15:09 am »

I've felt like that before, and the thing that brought me out of my funk was to get obsessed over something.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53589 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »

Great news!  I've finally felt something today, while making dinner!

On the downside, the first emotion of the day was sadness.  Ironically, I made it through the onions just fine.  It was the carrots I cried over.

Does this help?

Also, I know how you feel. I don't know how to help, really, but I sympathize. And also there's the video.

Hah.  Did actually manage to get a couple snorts and chuckles out of that.  Including the fact that a number of those clips are Norwegian in origin.

I've felt like that before, and the thing that brought me out of my funk was to get obsessed over something.

I obsess over everything.  Today, I just couldn't be bothered to think about anything.  I wasn't bored or 'searching', I just...  Didn't care.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53590 on: October 07, 2012, 12:36:00 pm »

...But how does he get drunk?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53591 on: October 07, 2012, 12:42:17 pm »

On the downside, the first emotion of the day was sadness.  Ironically, I made it through the onions just fine.  It was the carrots I cried over.
* kaijyuu hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53592 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

* kaijyuu hugs

* Wrex also hugs

Been there. Tis a bad, bad place.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #53593 on: October 07, 2012, 06:43:02 pm »

I think I am really really depressed. I don't know quite how to describe it. I've basically lost the ability to do things, things I should do, things I want to do, things I need to do.

I have not been sleeping well, mostly because my family stays up all night watching tv, having conversations outside my door, or fiddling around in the kitchen making a mess.

I have not been eating well, mostly because my family took over "cooking" and are both terrible at it and inconsistent at it.

I have stacks of unopened mail strewn about the floor.

My room is a terrible mess.

I have not watched tv in months.

I went months without playing video games, ive had a bit of a revival with FTL and CounterStrike GO, but even that little distraction is keeping me from doing anything.

I cant even really say that all I do is work, eat and sleep.

The only thing I do reliably anymore is work.

I spent 6 hours working on my room yesterday and looking at it, its an even bigger mess.

I have a house full of people here and I am lonely as hell.

fuck.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53594 on: October 07, 2012, 06:45:01 pm »

Yup, sounds like depression alright.
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 ... 8167