Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3564 3565 [3566] 3567 3568 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466685 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53475 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »

Fuck yeah that song is awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53476 on: October 05, 2012, 05:42:27 pm »

Something may have come loose in the laptop or... something. Battery's not charging despite a fully functioning power cord going into it. This is... not particularly good. Seriously not looking forward to losing decent computer access for the second time in less than a year, especially considering I've only had my hands on this one for a couple weeks.

Looks like I get to try disassembling a second HP Pavilion laptop, ugh. S'a good thing this one didn't cost me anything, but at this point I'm not going to be buying from HP in the future :-\ Wasn't exactly planning to anyway, but small chance hath become nil.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53477 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:42 pm »

HP is aweful for laptops.  I got one and the synaptics blows dick.  Minecraft is harder to play when the keyboard repeater overrides the mousepad.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #53478 on: October 05, 2012, 07:13:57 pm »

Like I've told my schizophrenic friend; "Just because they are in your head, does not mean they are on your side."
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53479 on: October 05, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »

That they are not.

On the other hand, it allows you to have some perspective on stuff.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53480 on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:39 pm »

Welp. Took the thing apart. Wiggled the probable bit a bit, checked if anything notable was lose, did the proper things. Still no power. Last time I get to use this thing for at least a couple days, gonna' leave a bit of power left for when take to a shop or two. Hopefully it's fixable for less than it'd take to just buy a new one.

Gods damned but I do wish I had a frakking desktop. Need to just get parts and build the bloody thing, but... bleh. No idea how to comparison shop for computer hardware. No clue what's worth the price, etc., so forth. Anyway. Off it goes.

Bugger a goat. Looks like it might be the wall socket or somethin', unless moving the damned thing jiggled whatever might be loose back into place. Arglefargle. Testing time.

E: Or it could be none of the g'damn above. Looks like something's buggery with the power adapter that came with the laptop. Prong-whatsits are a bit bent and the buggers're sparking everytime I plug th'adapter in to something, even if the adapter itself isn't plugged into the computer. The older adapter I had left over (actually... I've got another one sitting my car, I think. Hrm.) didn't have that problem, and the computer is now charging. Bloody weird, wonder what happened to the borked adapter...

Guess it's lucky I had spare HP power adapters laying around, huh. Coincidences of coincidences, or something.

As usual, the episode has been another highlight of how... dependent isn't quite the right word. It's definitely close to addiction, but again, it's not the addiction of dependency so much as the addiction of capability. I am... so much more, than just human, qua animal, when my capabilities have been expanded by this machine and the internet access it facilitates.

Losing that capability, the sheer expansion of ability these machines represent, is indeed terrifying and depressing. You can live, and live well, without an arm or a leg, but... why would you want to? And is not the thought of being crippled in such a manner unsettling? It is analogous. These devices give as much to a person as any of their limbs do -- perhaps more -- and this enhancement is the future.

It is a future I believe I welcome coming, and dread those moments when its loss to me threaten.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:10:28 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53481 on: October 05, 2012, 11:29:58 pm »

Like I've told my schizophrenic friend; "Just because they are in your head, does not mean they are on your side."
This has always bugged me about schizophrenia.  Why do the voices have to be so mean?  Why can't they be encouraging?  Friendly?  Or entertaining?  Schizophrenics have the potential to be the most motivated, well-adjusted individuals with a self-made omnipresent support system and yet the illness is goes "no screw that, we're going to screw up your life and make you miserable instead."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53482 on: October 06, 2012, 12:02:13 am »

I have voices in my head I don't listen to. They tell me to donate to charity and help the weak. Wierdos. :P

Kinda like that?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53483 on: October 06, 2012, 12:03:10 am »

Who says they ALL are terrible people?

It's just the terrible ones that get diagnosed!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53484 on: October 06, 2012, 12:06:31 am »

Bill Gates: Most awesome schizophrenic EVAR.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53485 on: October 06, 2012, 12:15:44 am »

I do have good and bad influences in my head, as evidenced by the back-of-my-head voice that tells me to kill people. And then the music playing in my head all the time. Sometimes it's so bad I can't stand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVZqegeC4s

I'm on to you.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53486 on: October 06, 2012, 12:36:10 am »

Apparently an old family friend died recently, and I and my mother found out just yesterday. :(

Re Handshakes: B-but the most common alternative to handshakes is... Hugs! D: I'm fine with internet hugs and cuddles, but if you wrap your arms around me in real life I will freeze in abject terror as my brain tries to work out the appropriate response. And inevitably fails to do so before the hug ends, anyway.

Re voices: My family has quite a history of mental illness, it seems, but the only voices I get in my head are the ones I conjure up. Which I do a lot. Almost constantly, even when I don't realise it, I will silently be running through possible conversations with either myself or others(people I know or people I dream up on the spot), putting my thoughts into words.
I've never had much success actually speaking to people despite this. :-[ Even if I've run through the conversation (or my part of it, at least) a hundred times, it never seems to come out right when I actually try to say what I want to someone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53487 on: October 06, 2012, 12:37:30 am »

Here, I'll teach you a manshake.

Firmly grasp another male by their dominant wrist. He will do the same to you. Lean toward your dominant arm until your shoulders bump. Immediately remove contact and pretend it never happened.

My manshake brings all the boys to the yard, but they're not men yet, so they can't use it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53488 on: October 06, 2012, 12:38:33 am »

...I thought that was called a headbutt? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53489 on: October 06, 2012, 12:38:59 am »

It's more of a mutual shoulder-check.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3564 3565 [3566] 3567 3568 ... 8167