Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3561 3562 [3563] 3564 3565 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465941 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53430 on: October 05, 2012, 01:44:30 am »

Whenever I have to shake hands, I employ my CRUSHING GRIP and people stop trying to shake my hands. They don't complain either, since it would make them seem crazy.

Argh. You. You bastard. I don't shake hands whenever possible, but people that do what you do are always the ones that want handshakes. "Shake my hand, so I can put you in unbearable agony while I grind the broken bone ends together! Then I can be all offended when you're freaking out over the injury!"
Note: I noticed you say that you don't like shaking hands, so this isn't really directed AT you, but at people who shake like you do.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53431 on: October 05, 2012, 02:29:00 am »

Remalle, the attitude you go into a challenge with in large part defines how well you'll perform. Rather than rip yourself apart, why not channel that energy to tackle the areas of SAT study that you're iffy on? Also, there are a lot of life lessons and experiences that working shitty jobs can teach you... among them the value of working hard in order to not end up doing those jobs forever. One way or another, however, life will go on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53432 on: October 05, 2012, 07:57:27 am »

Even if public indecency laws were repealed, I doubt most people would take advantage of it. In fact, I know that's the case. Women are allowed to be topless in the entirety of New York State, and you are permitted to walk about stark naked in the city of Portland, but these things have taken no hold.
Asheville now permits women to walk around topless. Although as a friend pointed out, many of the women most likely to take advantage of this ruling are not necessarily the ones most men would prefer to take advantage of it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53433 on: October 05, 2012, 08:09:46 am »

So... I don't have an AP course at my school. I have the books AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B, AP Environmental Science, AP Biology, AP Calculus in front of me.

:(

At least I studied Biology once. The others, not really ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #53434 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:24 am »

recently operated to right arm for cyst removal. anesthetic wore off five seconds ago...GOD IT BURNS. What the hell did they do!?
second note: i'm now lefty for a while, can't write quick enough with only that and i've got readers wanting to know when i'm going to update fanfictions again...GAH it stings!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53435 on: October 05, 2012, 10:27:11 am »

Let's see... Rejection, being ostracized, making a complete and utter fool of myself. Among other things.

All short term and over-exagerated in you mind.  And, by not going out there and just trying, you are condeming yourself to the twilight land of stagnation, never getting better and more confident.

Nobody is going to ostracize you and follow you around your whole life laughing at you because you failed.  And why is that such a turn off if they did?  If some dumbass wants to waste his time degradating you instead of bettering himself, who's going to look worse?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53436 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:32 am »

Whenever I have to shake hands, I employ my CRUSHING GRIP and people stop trying to shake my hands. They don't complain either, since it would make them seem crazy.
I only do that to people who do that to me. For what it's worth, I could close and keep closed the highest pressure grippers at the PT office when I was rehabbing my broken hand.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53437 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:47 am »

Are you afraid of something? :|
Let's see... Rejection, being ostracized, making a complete and utter fool of myself. Among other things.

First is a bit silly to be afraid of, second isn't going to happen, and the last is something everyone does every day, and something you're already doing right now, so might as well do it productively, right?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53438 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:47 am »

Handshakes suck for me because I've got a broken right pinky finger, and everyone seems to ignore you when they grab your hand and crush it. So I end up with grinding bone ends, shouting, "Hey, fucking stop that!"
The judge was most displeased until I explained he was maiming me.

I have a crushing grip but I can identify a person who doesn't like a handshake/has an injury to their hand/doesn't like touching others. My dad, my uncle, and my grandfather are the only ones I use True Crush Power. Then they make my metacarpals grind together, as all three of them are with regard to grip strength many times stronger than I. "We may be old, but we've still got it!"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53439 on: October 05, 2012, 11:15:52 am »

Got into a fight with my brother.

He was berating about how tiring it was to wake me up. I'm sorry if I had to put the guy on the job, but I really needed his help. I asked a little bit more help from him, but he exploded. Somehow, it turned into a debate on respect, and because I owed him a life debt, I should always just do nothing when he starts insulting me and badmouthing me. Damn guy probably doesn't consider anything I do to be worth anything, because he keeps yelling at me about how he does a lot of favors for me and I don't do a lot (which isn't true; I do a lot, such as hanging his clothes and a bunch of other things) for him.

Guy said that I should respect him just because he is my brother, and he doesn't need to respect me because I'm the younger (the youngest of a trio of brothers) brother in the family. Naturally, my face turned sour.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53440 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:02 am »

Back up to "owe him a life debt".  A story is within this story.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53441 on: October 05, 2012, 11:40:48 am »

I respectfully decline. I have said a great many things about my life here, and I believe I'd put my identity into further jeopardy if I did.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53442 on: October 05, 2012, 12:11:29 pm »

Because we're totally going to track you down and murder you in your sleep.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53443 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:54 pm »

Woke up this morning to my parents saying my granddad has had a stroke and may have to go to hospital.

To put this in some context, my grandma on my mother's side died a couple of weeks ago, I never knew my granddad on my mother's side. My grandma on my father's side has severe Alzheimers, she is essentially a vegetable that can swallow if you put small amounts of food in her mouth. My granddad on my father's side is in good health, but employs my mother as a carer for my grandma when he has to go out, this is our main source of income.

So if my granddad had to be hospitalized it would be very bad because my grandma would have to be put into a home (can't afford to pay to have someone with her 24/7 at the house) and my household would lose it's main source of income, forcing us to live of savings.

Luckily, it turns out he doesn't. He phoned us up this morning saying that he couldn't move his arm (because he has developed gout, but he didn't tell us this) and his speech was slurred (because he left his dentures out, he also didn't tell us this). I was scared half to death.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53444 on: October 05, 2012, 12:42:31 pm »

Because we're totally going to track you down and murder you in your sleep.
Shush, don't spoil the plan.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 3561 3562 [3563] 3564 3565 ... 8167