Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494787 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5295 on: May 08, 2010, 11:30:12 pm »

Installing windows 7 upgrade. We need a "Things that burn your soul thread".
I would make that, but I don't got nothing to not start no threads with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: May 08, 2010, 11:55:14 pm »

Installing windows 7 upgrade. We need a "Things that burn your soul thread".

Whats wrong with Windows 7? I love it so far.

Edit: so far the only issue with Windows 7 I have is the stupid aero theme having this preview thing when you hover over items on the task bar and no way to turn it off, so I just use the Windows 7 basic theme.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:03:48 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: May 08, 2010, 11:58:24 pm »

Residual stigma from Vista?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: May 09, 2010, 02:23:25 am »

I haaaaaate this weekend.
Party at my house. My brother and his father are staying over.
Tomorrow is a poolparty... I HATE PARTIES(of the social gathering type.).

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: May 09, 2010, 02:40:38 am »

Networking is an important part of building a career.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: May 09, 2010, 04:26:42 am »

I'm sad that I've managed to spend two days straight sleeping and playing Silent Hunter III.  It's a cool game, and I'll make a thread for discussing it with the other people who've been turned onto it.  But it's a simulation of naval warfare, meaning you spend a lot of time watching the little dot that represents your ship move around on a map.  And that's what I've been doing.  For probably a combined 18 hours or so.

It's fucking Mother's Day weekend, I've got two final exams on Tuesday to study for, and all the personal stuff I've been wanting to do for years percolating just below the surface of my "work-ethic" sense, and I manage to spend an entire weekend literally staring at a map watching a fake boat sail around.  I'm an unrepentant videogamer, but I'm fucking sick of waiting my life away like this for stuff that doesn't matter to anyone anywhere, including myself, when I have so many other things to be doing.

I just keep finding to ways to utterly waste time, doing absolutely nothing for myself except make it that much clearer what a waste of time my life is.  How do I let myself keep doing this?  Why am I always ready and willing to convince myself to do something completely pointless instead of absolutely anything else?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

White Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Puppeh? (also stabs)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: May 09, 2010, 04:39:26 am »

Whats wrong with Windows 7? I love it so far.

Edit: so far the only issue with Windows 7 I have is the stupid aero theme having this preview thing when you hover over items on the task bar and no way to turn it off, so I just use the Windows 7 basic theme.

Windows 7 itself is fine, It's just the upgrade install that is a pain in the ass.

It wouldn't upgrade from the RC (half expected, my fault really), "Clean" custom install doesn't actually delete anything, Multiple crashes during setup, and I just can't get the internet working so I can activate it. Not to mention all the games I've probably lost or the download-murdering patching.

I actually don't mind that preview thingy (Aero peek?), I've gotten quite used to it. I've also started reflexively flinging windows to the edge of the screen.
HUNGRY PROGRAMMER NEEDS BANDWIDTH. FOOD UNIMPORTANT.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: May 09, 2010, 04:42:53 am »

I'm sad that I've managed to spend two days straight sleeping and playing Silent Hunter III.  It's a cool game, and I'll make a thread for discussing it with the other people who've been turned onto it.  But it's a simulation of naval warfare, meaning you spend a lot of time watching the little dot that represents your ship move around on a map.  And that's what I've been doing.  For probably a combined 18 hours or so.

It's fucking Mother's Day weekend, I've got two final exams on Tuesday to study for, and all the personal stuff I've been wanting to do for years percolating just below the surface of my "work-ethic" sense, and I manage to spend an entire weekend literally staring at a map watching a fake boat sail around.  I'm an unrepentant videogamer, but I'm fucking sick of waiting my life away like this for stuff that doesn't matter to anyone anywhere, including myself, when I have so many other things to be doing.

I just keep finding to ways to utterly waste time, doing absolutely nothing for myself except make it that much clearer what a waste of time my life is.  How do I let myself keep doing this?  Why am I always ready and willing to convince myself to do something completely pointless instead of absolutely anything else?

When the world floods and we're all in submarines, you'll sing a very different tune.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: May 09, 2010, 05:29:38 am »

Yeah. It'll be "Oh God Waterworld is just as bad in real life, oh God".

Anyway, I'm sick. Blargh.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: May 09, 2010, 05:56:10 am »

Yeah. It'll be "Oh God Waterworld is just as bad in real life, oh God".

We can only hope so.  What better way to ride out the apocalypse than in a junkyard hobie-cat?  Poor Kevin Costner, he tries so hard, and yet we never notice.

Also, you guys rock.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: May 09, 2010, 06:05:56 am »

We exist to cheer you up by imagining ridiculous scenarios and referencing terrible movies. It's all we know how to do, actually.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: May 09, 2010, 06:08:07 am »

As cool as the quote with Toady accidentally predicting DF 1.0 to be ready in 2012 was as a signature, it was way too long.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: May 09, 2010, 06:09:20 am »

A-HA.

Soon this forum will be mine!

Or rather, the bit of the forum that takes up about half an inch of the screen and disappears when you tick an option in your preferences.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:13:55 am by Jackrabbit »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: May 09, 2010, 06:33:30 am »

When the world floods and we're all in submarines, you'll sing a very different tune.

ME AND MY PEOPLE ARE PREPARED.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: May 09, 2010, 07:38:48 am »

This is happening in florida. And in Louisiana.

Also, Pirates. Bloody pirates.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 8168