Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3527 3528 [3529] 3530 3531 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463663 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52920 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:57 pm »

Last Baystation12 round was promising. The alium queen, while inexperienced, managed to fill the locker room with eggs and abduct the ERT leader (or the commander of ERP, as the HoP called him) early on. Plus about all of security plus half the heads of staff.
A wizzard was going around antagonising the crew too (well, mostly he only gave a stern talking to metagamers and demanded blowjobs from medbay. Which unfortunately is on par for the server :V).
Code delta activated (read: Death squids).
Lord Singuloth breached containment and started nomming on the assembly line.
Plus meteors because why the fuck not.

End result? Most people got off the station. Even the announcement about the shuttles solar trajectory turned out to be a hoax when they arrived at a station that was called solar. Neither alium larvae nor death squids spawned at all.
What a waste of potential there.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52921 on: September 27, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »

You always have a right to feel sad, dude. That's like the one thing every human being has no matter what.

Also, pickup lines? ??? Here's my best one(that I am still yet to use, naturally):
"Are you from Czechslovakia? 'Cause I've been checking you out all night!"
CzechOSlovakia, and it don't exist no more. It's the Czech Republic now.
Whatever man. I have so much charm I can say whatever the fuck I want. 8)

*Spends the rest of the evening hiding in a bathroom*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52922 on: September 27, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »

Meeting tomorrow, and now pre-meeting schenanigans have begun.  One person can't make it, and one person can't make the other time we have available.  I'm opting to stick with Plan A 'cause scheduling.  Ugh.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52923 on: September 27, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »

Group assignment time! Only we haven't organised /when/ we'll be meeting on the day we'll meet...
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #52924 on: September 27, 2012, 06:58:06 pm »

It's hot today... :( I'd rather be cold.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52925 on: September 27, 2012, 08:08:59 pm »

It's utterly pissing down one minute and dry the next.

Friggin' Melbourne weather.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52926 on: September 27, 2012, 09:24:05 pm »

Out of my whole group, one person responded to me texting about the meeting.  This group is impossible to keep track of, or communicate with... bleh ._.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52927 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:59 pm »

Might need to give out some beatdowns. Fists of fury. Mano mano.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52928 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:42 pm »

Okay. So this isn't exactly a sad, but its a thing that troubled me.

I was talking to my LF today, and she does this thing where she stands really, really close. Not like touching, but still super close for casual conversation. Anyway, we weren't saying anything for a second, and she was all close, smiling, staring into my eyes, and mah evul brain was like, "Kiss her!" And I was like, "nooooo... That one is my friend, silly brain."
Ugh. I need a girlfriend. And also to tell my LF to stand about three inches farther back next time. Because she's got that flirty stare thing down, and I'd rather not make a fool of myself because of silly instincts saying one thing and me saying another.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52929 on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »

The best thing that you can do is to show her that post.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52930 on: September 27, 2012, 11:53:30 pm »

Indeed. We're very close, but I'd like to keep a... Minimum safe distance.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52931 on: September 28, 2012, 12:01:33 am »

Either that, or she seriously wants you in her pants.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52932 on: September 28, 2012, 12:03:45 am »

Yeah just be honest that it makes you uncomfortable. She'll keep a proper distance.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52933 on: September 28, 2012, 12:11:25 am »

Either that, or she seriously wants you in her pants.

She insists she feels no attraction for any males. I personally believe her. But her body language tells a bit of a different story sometimes. And some of the things she talks to me about are a little ahem. Leading, shall we say? I don't know, she gives me some mixed signals at times, which is why the whole thing caused me a bit of concern. I really need a good friend WAAY more than I need someone to be in the pants of.
But she's really hot. :P

Yeah just be honest that it makes you uncomfortable. She'll keep a proper distance.

Lol, this is kind of what I did. I told her I had to walk away for a minute, I just didn't say why.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52934 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:18 am »

That's not quite being honest :P

And likely she's just teasing you.
Pages: 1 ... 3527 3528 [3529] 3530 3531 ... 8167