Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3523 3524 [3525] 3526 3527 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460216 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52860 on: September 25, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »

I've never had that problem. Do you guys have a monitoring problem?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52861 on: September 25, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »

That whole spiel I went on yesterday in this thread has still got me down. Even more so now that I realize that if I do stand up for myself and tell everybody what I really want instead of going along with their suggestions, I'll likely being ostracized. And in all likelihood, I'll be kicked out of the house, as well. My stepdad has all but outright stated he's been looking for an excuse to kick me out I don't know how many times.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52862 on: September 25, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »

What the fuck, man :( That's horrible!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52863 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:36 pm »

HOW OFTEN HAVE I SAID COME DOWN TO TORONTO?

HUH?

YEAH.

THAT'S RIGHT.

* Descan facepap.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #52864 on: September 25, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »

The good kind of sad.

Mandy Patinkin considers Inigo to be his favorite role of all time, and one can hardly blame him; in the midst of such a hilarious yarn, Inigo's fight to avenge his father is perhaps the most moving subplot of the film. But there's another layer to this tale: it turns out that not long before taking the part, Patinkin's own father had died of cancer. He said that while filming the final duel between Inigo and Count Rugen, he imaged it as a fight between himself and that cancer. That whole habit of art imitating life allowed Patinkin the opportunity to truly mourn his father. So if watching that scene doesn't already make you tear up, it probably will next time. If it already had you crying, you'll be weeping into buckets from now on.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/09/as-you-wish-little-known-facts-about-the-princess-bride-on-its-25th-anniversary
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52865 on: September 25, 2012, 10:21:29 pm »

The good kind of sad.

Mandy Patinkin considers Inigo to be his favorite role of all time, and one can hardly blame him; in the midst of such a hilarious yarn, Inigo's fight to avenge his father is perhaps the most moving subplot of the film. But there's another layer to this tale: it turns out that not long before taking the part, Patinkin's own father had died of cancer. He said that while filming the final duel between Inigo and Count Rugen, he imaged it as a fight between himself and that cancer. That whole habit of art imitating life allowed Patinkin the opportunity to truly mourn his father. So if watching that scene doesn't already make you tear up, it probably will next time. If it already had you crying, you'll be weeping into buckets from now on.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/09/as-you-wish-little-known-facts-about-the-princess-bride-on-its-25th-anniversary
I...
;_;

While rehearsing for the film, André the Giant's thick accent prevented many of his lines from being understood. To remedy this, actor Mandy Patinkin slapped André in the face to get him to concentrate harder.
That man has balls of steel!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:24:22 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52866 on: September 25, 2012, 10:58:00 pm »

The Princess Bride is a fantastic movie on every level. My friend's dog ate the case for mine a couple days ago but the disc was miraculously unharmed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52867 on: September 25, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »

The Princess Bride is a fantastic movie on every level. My friend's dog ate the case for mine a couple days ago but the disc was miraculously unharmed.
Is it actually good, or just memetic? As an example, I heard nothing but good things about Snow Crash, how awesome the Deliverator was and of course the line "Perhaps they'll listen to Reason". Then I read it and was quite frankly underwhelmed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52868 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:05 pm »

Princess Bride is a legitimately good movie. Nice affectionate parody of both fantasy and romantic comedies.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52869 on: September 26, 2012, 08:01:19 am »

I've only heard of one person who saw Princess Bride and thought it was overrated.

In other news, my friend got a dog hair splinter in her eardrum.  It turns out that it's possible for a dog hair to worm its way into your skin like a splinter, but flexible and sometimes like two or three inches long.  I'm sad that we live in a world where shit like that is possible.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52870 on: September 26, 2012, 08:26:31 am »

The Princess Bride is tacitly a good movie in the same way that System Shock 2 was a good game or that Led Zeppelin IV is a good album. They're not so much opinions as immutable physical constants.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #52871 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:40 pm »

I found it to be shallow and pedantic.
this is a Family Guy reference, please do not track me down and beat me to death, I have no son to avenge me whilst repeatedly stating his name and goal, killing me would be totes uncool
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #52872 on: September 26, 2012, 03:18:39 pm »

I have somehow managed to fuse that movie and kill bill as one single movie in my mind. How very weird, Ill have to watch that some day to wash myself of this sin. :S
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52873 on: September 26, 2012, 03:19:32 pm »

I have somehow managed to fuse that movie and kill bill as one single movie in my mind.
o.O

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52874 on: September 26, 2012, 03:22:38 pm »

I've fuzed in my mind a certain videogame with the smell of burnt sesame.
Pages: 1 ... 3523 3524 [3525] 3526 3527 ... 8167