Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3498 3499 [3500] 3501 3502 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467198 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52485 on: September 19, 2012, 10:57:36 pm »

Hmm. I can't really relate despite being addicted to drugs. Its simply not an option for me to use, whereas you have the option of failure. :/ Perhaps if you have someone close to you impose some sort of punishments for failure to keep quit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52486 on: September 19, 2012, 11:00:58 pm »

If going cold turkey is too debilitating though, have you considered the nicotine patches or gum?

Not exactly an option, unfortunately. I've tried to quit smoking before, but it's never been quite like this. Twice, in fact, and both on a whim, just like this go 'round.
The good news is that if today is any indication of what the next week will be like, I've got a good six hours of "normal" and "light cravings" before the worst of it comes! So if tomorrow is anything like today, I might be able to get my work done before I feel like bashing my head into the screen.

E-cigs are a bloody miracle (actually nicer than normal fags too) and I have a discount code for a reliable online store if you're interested.  Also, I knew I recognized your name from somewhere.  Welcome to Armageddon!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52487 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:33 pm »

Perv = crazy? Shit, I should be tossed in the nuthouse.
Suddenly, the entire world was pronounced insane.
Except asexuals! ;D Honestly, that's probably the sane position anyway (though not as much fun).
Asexuals are not sane. They are knurd.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52488 on: September 19, 2012, 11:40:42 pm »

*looks that up*

Yeah I suppose that works :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52489 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:48 pm »

I would give much to be asexual. Except my ability to reproduce. Wierd how that works out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52490 on: September 20, 2012, 12:11:52 am »

Eh, reproduction and sex can be separated these days. Medical science keeps on truckin'. Freeze some wigglies or eggs or whatever and come back later.

Please define "Pervert".
Hey, I've got this one! I like my definition of perversion, though it's still a work in progress. A pervert is a person who commits acts of perversion.

Perversion est
A. Anything that does temporary harm*, mental or physical, to one's partner or partners without their knowing consent.
OR
B. Anything that does permanent harm, mental or physical, to one's partner or partners.

Everything else is fair game, which includes quite a lot.

*Harm being roughly defined as anything that prevents the normal functioning of the individual in question or prevents their functioning in the environmental condition they're in, should the normal functioning itself violate the latter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52491 on: September 20, 2012, 12:13:33 am »

Ah. Now I have no idea how to define what she is.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52492 on: September 20, 2012, 12:18:30 am »

I'm pretty sure that definition of perversion is archaic. Here's a random one from a google search:
any of various means of obtaining sexual gratification that are generally regarded as being abnormal.
And a pervert would be someone who does such things. It would also act as valid hyperbole for someone who's just sexually active.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52493 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:38 am »

My idea of perversion is anything sexual in nature that the local society around you finds wierd or out of the ordinary. Thus with my definition of perversion it is not neccessarily a negative thing.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52494 on: September 20, 2012, 12:23:47 am »

Eh, I like mine better :P

Perversion in general parlance is a very wiggly thing and very, very subjective and region-dependent*. I prefer something universal that covers all the cases I'd care to cover, heh. Gives me a better baseline to work with.

*How do you determine what's abnormal, anyway? Surveys? Illicitly viewing an appropriate sample size to determine statistics? What people say in public would seem to be a terrible measure. It's not uncommon for what they say and what they do to be wildly divergent, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52495 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:55 am »

any of various means of obtaining sexual gratification that are generally regarded as being abnormal.
And a pervert would be someone who does such things. It would also act as valid hyperbole for someone who's just sexually active.

This is more what I meant.

My idea of perversion is anything sexual in nature that the local society around you finds wierd or out of the ordinary. Thus with my definition of perversion it is not neccessarily a negative thing.

By this definition, I am a pervert for not sleeping with slutty people.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52496 on: September 20, 2012, 12:26:42 am »

*How do you determine what's abnormal, anyway? Surveys? Illicitly viewing an appropriate sample size to determine statistics? What people say in public would seem to be a terrible measure. It's not uncommon for what they say and what they do to be wildly divergent, yeah.
Good question :P Something I've asked forever. People put a lot of stock in making things "normal" when "normal" has such a flimsy classification.

There is no easy way to determine if something is "normal." It's an "I know it when I see it" thing.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52497 on: September 20, 2012, 12:28:06 am »

Is cauliflower normal?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52498 on: September 20, 2012, 12:29:01 am »

Depending on how you mean. Sleeping with cauliflower is not normal. Cauliflower itself is pretty normal.
He's fucking with us.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52499 on: September 20, 2012, 12:30:47 am »

How about play dough?
Pages: 1 ... 3498 3499 [3500] 3501 3502 ... 8167