Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 [3410] 3411 3412 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465962 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51135 on: September 05, 2012, 12:51:24 pm »

Bah. I'm really depressed now. I'm pretty sure that a natural law of the universe states that everything I do eventually fails and comes to a bad outcome. I really don't think I have been successful at anything for... About ten years. And that is not a number pulled out my ass, I can literally point to a few month period where on one side everything was normal and I was happy, and on the other side everything turns out wrong. I swear to a god a don't believe in, I might be suicidal if it was not for the fact that I am assured to fail in even that and my live will become even worse.

* The Merchant Of Menace hugs

C'mon, this place would be at least 58.42% less cool if not for you.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51136 on: September 05, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »

Can't give any advice without specifics criptfeind, but I can give sympathies :( If you wanna talk about your perceived failures, we won't consider it whining.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #51137 on: September 05, 2012, 12:56:55 pm »

It can't be all bad, Criptfeind. I seem to recall you being an absolutely fantastic storyteller.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51138 on: September 05, 2012, 01:00:30 pm »

Ah hah hah. I'm sure you are lying, which is not something I enjoy. But I feel better for the sentiment anyway. Thanks.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51139 on: September 05, 2012, 01:02:25 pm »

Nah, it's just that it was a post of yours ages ago that convinced me to stay here, and this place would suck without me around :P

/lolvain
*Hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51140 on: September 05, 2012, 01:23:33 pm »

Ugh, i cant wait for the school to actually BEGIN (aka, homework, actual lessons instead of teachers telling who they are and some stuff about what they teach).

Because now i have the feeling of not having accomplished anything the entire day, and that feels fucking bad.

Ah well, at least i always have my cat to cheer me up <3

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51141 on: September 05, 2012, 01:34:23 pm »

My best and only friend just apparently had a pretty serious asthma attack and can't breathe. She can't go to the hopsital either. D: I don't know what to do, because I can't DO anything. Idk. Gotta go to work now. :/ Talk to ya'll soonish.

Shit, dude! D:
Sounds like she really needs a hospital and oxygen mask, but if that's not an option, one thing that quite likely saved my life once when I had a major attack whilst having no access to medication was: Music. Soothing, repetitive music.
I'm sorry, that's really the best advice I have. :-\ It helped me, that's all I know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #51142 on: September 05, 2012, 01:37:31 pm »

one thing that quite likely saved my life once when I had a major attack whilst having no access to medication was: Music. Soothing, repetitive music.
coffee, unshooting, repetitive coffee, is a better option, when lacking other resources

(actually any source of caffeine will do)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51143 on: September 05, 2012, 01:39:27 pm »

I guess, but when it's that bad it might be a little hard to drink.
Another thing is putting your head between your knees and breathing into a paper bag, but that might just be for certain triggers.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51144 on: September 05, 2012, 11:14:34 pm »

I guess she's okay now, but she said her lungs hurt and she couldn't exert herself without feeling faint, so IDK yet. Hopefully she's feeling all better tomorrow, but we'll see. Thanks for the advice though, I do appreciate it. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51145 on: September 05, 2012, 11:41:52 pm »

I guess she's okay now, but she said her lungs hurt and she couldn't exert herself without feeling faint, so IDK yet. Hopefully she's feeling all better tomorrow, but we'll see. Thanks for the advice though, I do appreciate it. :)
Well thats good news. Unfortunately shes gonna be out for 2-5 days, just keep hydrated and happy should be fine for the rest of the week.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51146 on: September 06, 2012, 01:28:06 am »

Hopefully she can get that many days off. My boss is a bit... Severe.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51147 on: September 06, 2012, 02:01:51 am »

Thoroughly embarrassed myself once today already! Woohoo!

At least I'm not curling into a ball and hiding in my room like I would've 6 months ago.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51148 on: September 06, 2012, 02:03:56 am »

Thoroughly embarrassed myself once today already! Woohoo!

At least I'm not curling into a ball and hiding in my room like I would've 6 months ago.

How so?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51149 on: September 06, 2012, 02:04:36 am »

Can't actually give context since it involves someone here.
Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 [3410] 3411 3412 ... 8167