Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3396 3397 [3398] 3399 3400 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471740 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50955 on: September 03, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »

I have a Pars Defect, spina bifida occulta, and a ring of microfractures encircling the L2, L3 and L4 vertebra. So, my back is technically broken (in a couple spots), but I can still walk and spar and whatnot, but some days even breathing really hurts.

*Is trumped*

And now, to add this to the meme.

Maximum Zero: His back is broken and he's still more badass than Chuck Norris.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50956 on: September 03, 2012, 10:54:35 pm »

Well, on one hand, I'm under 70, not a crazy-ass republican, and never got my ass handed to me by Bruce Lee.

On the other hand, I'm 6 black belts behind him, can't grow a full beard, and ohcraphe'sbehindme.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #50957 on: September 03, 2012, 10:56:24 pm »

I have a Pars Defect, spina bifida occulta, and a ring of microfractures encircling the L2, L3 and L4 vertebra. So, my back is technically broken (in a couple spots), but I can still walk and spar and whatnot, but some days even breathing really hurts.
Birth defect? Genetic? And what do you "spar" in?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50958 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:17 pm »

Genetic. And I spar in Ninjutsu (2nd degree black belt), Muay Thai (instructor), and Savate (instructor). I'm thinking about getting into Hap Ki Do, and have done a little bit of Aikido and Judo, a year each of Iaido and Kendo, and was a state level greco-roman wrestler.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50959 on: September 03, 2012, 10:59:19 pm »

Genetic. And I spar in Ninjutsu (2nd degree black belt), Muay Thai (instructor), and Savate (instructor). I'm thinking about getting into Hap Ki Do, and have done a little bit of Aikido and Judo, a year each of Iaido and Kendo, and was a state level greco-roman wrestler.
I don't know how big you are, but I'd take you in at least two of those. No facepunching allowed.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50960 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:08 pm »

I don't know how big you are, but I'd take you in at least two of those. No facepunching allowed.
I can throw my ~6'3" 300 lb sparring partner over my head with one arm. ^_^

Oh, and I'm only 5'1", in case you missed that memo.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50961 on: September 03, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »

You short guys and your low centers of gravity... I definitely missed that memo. But yeah, we'll be like Double Dragon. Oh, and I'll boost you up for the facepunching of the heavens if you want.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50962 on: September 03, 2012, 11:06:59 pm »

You short guys and your low centers of gravity... I definitely missed that memo. But yeah, we'll be like Double Dragon. Oh, and I'll boost you up for the facepunching of the heavens if you want.
I also weigh in at 215 lbs, whilst not managing to look completely like Kirby, if you care about that. That may put a cramp on you boosting me up. :P

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50963 on: September 03, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »

I also weigh in at 215 lbs, whilst not managing to look completely like Kirby, if you care about that. That may put a cramp on you boosting me up. :P
Hahaha, I wrestled at that freshman year. I think I'll manage. We're both Northerners, of the strongest stock available.

Finding out you have a genetic spine defect makes me sad. Because I don't want you to have that.

Stop having that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50964 on: September 03, 2012, 11:12:55 pm »

Hahaha, I wrestled at that freshman year. I think I'll manage. We're both Northerners, of the strongest stock available.

Finding out you have a genetic spine defect makes me sad. Because I don't want you to have that.

Stop having that.
I wrestled at 83 lbs. :P Also, to rid myself of said defect, I have to have a spinal fusion, which is unavailable until I'm 40, and would render me unable to walk for a good chunk of time. So, I just suck it up and keep going.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50965 on: September 03, 2012, 11:36:28 pm »

Well, this is almost enough to bring me down from the last two days of bliss. Almost.

I've been procrastinating absolutely everything for the past few months, at least until recently. Depression, anxiety, all that. I got a burst of motivation and have been trying to put my life in order. Anyway, turns out the school I want to apply to isn't accepting people for spring semester next year, which is what I was hoping for. Tuition is only open once a year. So, I have to wait until september of next year, or find a new school to go to. Had I applied a couple months back I probably would be there right now.

I have three options: Give up my dream and go somewhere else, wallow in self pity at the parent's house for yet another year, or move out and take a year to start a new life. I'm choosing #3.

This might be a good thing since I don't think I'm past all my problems yet. If I hit a depression spell in the middle of the semester, I'm almost certainly going to fail. There are simply too many classes for me to take in too short a time. I can't fall behind like that.

My biggest concern right now is I'll be moving to a big city where I know almost no one, and I'll have no idea where to meet people to make some friends so I'm not quite so alone (and damn am I sick of being alone). The college I want to go to has some neat clubs listed in their package, but I don't think I can just walk in on those until I'm actually a student there. Second biggest concern is finding whatever oddball job(s) I can get so I can survive for a year and hopefully save up a bit of money. I can't get a job here, where I have actual recommendations, so finding one that isn't horrible there will probably be a significant obstacle.

So it's going to be rough. But fuck it, I'm going to try.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #50966 on: September 03, 2012, 11:38:34 pm »

You will have our support every step of the way :3

*hugs*

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50967 on: September 03, 2012, 11:39:29 pm »

-snip-

So it's going to be rough. But fuck it, I'm going to try.
Mad support, mad respect. Go while the ball is still rolling. If you let me know where you're planning on heading and I know anybody there (or am familiar with the place myself), I will definitely hook you up with some details.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50968 on: September 04, 2012, 12:00:10 am »

You're heading somewhere awesome, right?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50969 on: September 04, 2012, 12:00:41 am »

Seattle.

So, maybe? xD
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3396 3397 [3398] 3399 3400 ... 8167