Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3373 3374 [3375] 3376 3377 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481037 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50610 on: August 25, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »

I look about the same as before, but my idea of whether that's "good" or "bad" has shifted toward "bad" recently.

Maybe I just suck at body language. 'Tis what I get for being an introvert.

I did have my hair down when she saw me, so maybe I looked less like Fabio at the time and more like alan moore.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50611 on: August 25, 2012, 08:01:52 pm »

I meet with clients on the weekend. It works better for their schedule that way.

I had two today. I couldn't help either, and am referring them to others. One was happy with this; the other pissed off.

I don't understand this. A.) Go ahead and try to find a lawyer to meet with on a saturday in the first place. B.) I'm acting in your best interests rather than mine. (I'd like the money but realize I am not the best person to render the service).

You know what? Who needs sound advice from the proper professionals. Screw it. Go straight for the cash, just like they did:

DO NOT SMOKE KIDS, THOSE BASTARDS DON"T CARE IF THEY KILL YOU FOR MONEY

Responsibility, it doesn't sell so fuck it. :P Who needs really advice? Let's just tell people it's ok to smoke and give babies coke. We'll make money and to hell with them. I mean really THIS is why we should have rules on advertising

(Truean does not endorse anything. Call or write your local Truean and purchase her an order of buffalo chicken wings.... Boneless if possible.)

I just don't understand what this person wants me to do. I don't do what they're asking for so I showed them to the right person. Why be mad at that?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:17:25 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50612 on: August 25, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »

Boneless!? Be a man and...wait...nevermind. Go boneless.

Also, I have a sudden onset case of HURRRGH. At work, I felt fine. Now, I feel like total and complete shit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50613 on: August 25, 2012, 08:33:40 pm »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50614 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »

That's not your face; it's my face!
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50615 on: August 25, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »

No, I swear it's mine!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50616 on: August 25, 2012, 08:35:47 pm »

Maybe we're evil twins. Post a picture to be certain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50617 on: August 25, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »

The truth is revealed, next time only on Bay12

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50618 on: August 25, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »

I haven't got a picture right now, but I can deliver tomorrow.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50619 on: August 25, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »

There's an easy way to solve this conundrum, and we only have to skin two people to do it. Shall we, gentlemen?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50620 on: August 25, 2012, 08:40:02 pm »

Do the people being skinned have a say in this?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50621 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »

Yes, but we throw out your votes when we do the tally.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50622 on: August 25, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »

You should probably know that I'm really attached to my face and couldn't bear losing it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50623 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:20 pm »

... what if we stitched a bear face back on in its place? Would you be able to *cough* bear that?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50624 on: August 25, 2012, 09:47:08 pm »

the mantids know all

lolololololo

I can't believe you would presume such a farcical assumption, they clearly don't know anything being insects.
You're a clever human male boy, Hans. Clever indeed... I will end you for your insolence.

Yeah, I'm not real smart, just kinda clever. :P Kinda clever is enough to get underestimated.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3373 3374 [3375] 3376 3377 ... 8167