Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3366 3367 [3368] 3369 3370 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486271 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50505 on: August 24, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »

As an exchange student living in Finland, I must unfortunately relay the news that today is the 14th birthday of the Finnish answer to Justin Bieber.

I do not consider myself too culturally insensitive when I say that my newly adopted fatherland has an obligation never to produce another singer like him again.
Can we go back to the centipedes?
Can we feed him to the centipedes?
Uh... I thought the song was catchy :X

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50506 on: August 24, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:06:49 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50507 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50508 on: August 24, 2012, 03:58:03 pm »

I am totally and completely exhausted.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50509 on: August 24, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

In reference to the meds-talk quite a number of posts back (I use slightly different posts-per-page settings, so saying "a few pages back" isn't even a relevant form of inaccuracy), I was prescribed some antidepressants at one point, after coming dangerously close to attempting suicide.

After a fair amount of research, turns out that one of the potential side effects of this particular medication was a 16% increase in suicidal tendencies.

Wound up not taking them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50510 on: August 24, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »

I was prescribed Zoloft for depression about 18.5 years ago. I did get better, but it's hard to say if it's because of the meds or because I had reached the state where I was willing to accept help, and that in and of itself represented a breakthrough in my psychology.

The only negative I really noticed was a complete and total lack of dreams or even the sensation of sleep. it was like "close eyes, open eyes, hey it's morning!" After a week or two of that, I felt rested enough but I felt like I was turning into a machine. Took myself off the Zoloft and pulled through okay.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50511 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:27 pm »

In reference to the meds-talk quite a number of posts back (I use slightly different posts-per-page settings, so saying "a few pages back" isn't even a relevant form of inaccuracy), I was prescribed some antidepressants at one point, after coming dangerously close to attempting suicide.

After a fair amount of research, turns out that one of the potential side effects of this particular medication was a 16% increase in suicidal tendencies.

Wound up not taking them.

Another reason you shouldn't be on anti-depressants without being in therapy too.

Also, ironically enough, suicide rates are always higher among people who are getting better than people who are at the absolute bottom. When you're really, really down you might not have the energy to actually go through with the suicide, but as you start to get better the determination needed returns to you before the thought patterns change (and while the depression is still hanging heavy around you), so people end up killing themselves when things are actually starting to look better. Because the human psyche sucks.

Can I offer you an e-hug, e-beer and an uncomplicated feel-good e-movie?
Love, scriver~

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50512 on: August 24, 2012, 05:26:35 pm »

I never thought I could get this tired... But you know, having 2-3 hours sleep each night and working 8 hour days (and then going to the gym on top of that) will do that to you, I guess. :P

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50513 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:09 pm »

I've been getting more and more depressed over the past week or so, and I'm really not sure why.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50514 on: August 24, 2012, 06:53:02 pm »

As an exchange student living in Finland, I must unfortunately relay the news that today is the 14th birthday of the Finnish answer to Justin Bieber.

I do not consider myself too culturally insensitive when I say that my newly adopted fatherland has an obligation never to produce another singer like him again.

Munamies. It's from a comedy sketch, but still.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50515 on: August 24, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »

I've been getting more and more depressed over the past week or so, and I'm really not sure why.
get a pet.
I have 4. Two cats two dogs. They're all pretty cuddly.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #50516 on: August 24, 2012, 06:58:00 pm »

I prescribe two cuddles, taken as needed, with no fewer than ten cuddles during any given twelve hour period.

Granted that's my advice to everyone
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50517 on: August 24, 2012, 06:59:47 pm »

Note that cuddles from humans tend to work better than cuddles from pets, but more cuddles = better.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50518 on: August 24, 2012, 07:03:20 pm »

If unable to obtain cuddles, then this image of a pony will suffice.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50519 on: August 24, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

Be careful, Corai.  Many people react negatively to ponies.
Pages: 1 ... 3366 3367 [3368] 3369 3370 ... 8167