Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3365 3366 [3367] 3368 3369 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486970 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50490 on: August 24, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »

Weird kinda' FYI, but roadkill is, uh... actually a good sign. Not for that particular animal, but definitely for the local population; more dead animals on the side of the road mean even more hiding in the bushes or whatever, usually. At least that's what the guy whose job it was to collect and count roadkill told m'madre. Sad to see 'em squished, but good to know the population's healthy.

That said, I'd swerve to nail a rattler or moccasin. Not fond of the poisonous breeds. Fine with constrictors. Too much long grass in this joint, enough pets killed by snakebite. Bit of a grudge. Watching a kitten slowly die to neurotoxin is fucking depressing. Bleh.

Plus, if you chuck the roadkill into the bushes, something WILL eat it. And your reason for killing poisonous snakes, I can understand.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50491 on: August 24, 2012, 01:11:50 pm »

Isn't there a law somewhere that says that when you drive over X animal, you are allowed/ have to take it home to eat it?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50492 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:00 pm »

Not this. :P
And those are the ones I'm talking about. You can let the myriad of poisonous spiders, lizards and geckos roam about eating cockroaches, but you reach for a knife the moment you see one of those.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50493 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »

No you don't. You reach for something that lets you kill them from a distance.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50494 on: August 24, 2012, 01:14:14 pm »

Not this. :P
And those are the ones I'm talking about. You can let the myriad of poisonous spiders, lizards and geckos roam about eating cockroaches, but you reach for a knife the moment you see one of those.

Knife? You're bringing a hand to hand weapon to that fight? Didn't you learn anything from the ravens? No, I bring this baby to that fight.

Isn't there a law somewhere that says that when you drive over X animal, you are allowed/ have to take it home to eat it?

Not as far as I know, at least in my state. I'm sure you can take it home and eat it if you so choose, but I don't think there are any laws on the matter.

Ninja'd:
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50495 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »

Don't know if there's a law, but I'll confess to having eaten lapin a la Volkswagen:-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50496 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:41 pm »

Collateral damage. Cutting off the head at most leaves scratches on the floor. Overkill inside your own home has more negative repercussions. Like exposing yourself to mosquitos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50497 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:54 pm »

Depends on the area, so far as I know. Here in Florida, iirc, the proper response is to call the law and inform them of the hit, at least for larger animals. From there, it's not uncommon for them to either release the corpse to the person who hit 'em, or take the carcass to the nearest penal institute (where it'll be prepared and eaten, usually.).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50498 on: August 24, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »

Collateral damage. Cutting off the head at most leaves scratches on the floor. Overkill inside your own home has more negative repercussions. Like exposing yourself to mosquitos.

There is no overkill when it comes to things like these.

But I guess it all comes down to your answer to this question. If your world suffered a Tyranid invasion, would you rather take back whatever husk is left after the fight, or simply burn it down and find a new one?

I'm all for the fiery solution.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50499 on: August 24, 2012, 01:31:45 pm »

As I said, bring a flamethrower to a bug fight.
He's fucking with us.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50500 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:33 pm »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:38:35 pm by Aptus »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #50501 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

As an exchange student living in Finland, I must unfortunately relay the news that today is the 14th birthday of the Finnish answer to Justin Bieber.

I do not consider myself too culturally insensitive when I say that my newly adopted fatherland has an obligation never to produce another singer like him again.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50502 on: August 24, 2012, 02:32:13 pm »

As an exchange student living in Finland, I must unfortunately relay the news that today is the 14th birthday of the Finnish answer to Justin Bieber.

I do not consider myself too culturally insensitive when I say that my newly adopted fatherland has an obligation never to produce another singer like him again.
Can we go back to the centipedes?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50503 on: August 24, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »

There is no The World Ends With You 2. The website that had a new silhouette, an awesome remix of music from the original, and a countdown clock was for a port of the first game to iOS. That was the worst bait and switch I've seen in a long time. Why the hell would you make a countdown website for a port!? It makes no sense!

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50504 on: August 24, 2012, 02:53:52 pm »

Can we go back to the centipedes?
Can we feed him to the centipedes?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3365 3366 [3367] 3368 3369 ... 8167