Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3361 3362 [3363] 3364 3365 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486420 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50430 on: August 23, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »

dump the drugs, they turn people into zombies.

You see this here?  It's what is called absolutely terrible advice.  You and your doctor know more about your health than some dude on the internet.
Indeed. If you're being turned into a zombie, your dosage is too high. Way too high. The prozac really just keeps me from getting thrown into prison for rampaging through office supply stores at random.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50431 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »

The prozac really just keeps me from getting thrown into prison for rampaging through office supply stores at random.
This quote alone makes me feel better. (resists urge to swap your pills for sugar)
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50432 on: August 23, 2012, 10:00:50 pm »

Do you randomly rampage through OPSS stores?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50433 on: August 23, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

Do you randomly rampage through OPSS stores?

Nope, don't do drugs, goverment supplied or not. So no random rampages in Office Products Sales Service stores. Assumming thats what it stands for. Have urge to go on massive city destroying rampare to cause hune amount of destructions and other horrible acts to person, oh yes. But I wait, eventually i shall destroy all with time.  8)
The drink helps get through the working day. never enough.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50434 on: August 23, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »

Office Products and Supplies Stores.

Close enough, though.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50435 on: August 23, 2012, 10:16:01 pm »

I thought that one one of the key recreational activities of the dark side.

I should but I don't.
Same. I didn't want to be part of 'with everything is better with meds' movement.
Now I rely on good ol' peer pressure to keep me in check. Doesn't work perfectly, but I enjoy the freedom.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50436 on: August 23, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »

I should but I don't.
Same. I didn't want to be part of 'with everything is better with meds' movement.
Now I rely on good ol' peer pressure to keep me in check. Doesn't work perfectly, but I enjoy the freedom.

I did do illegal drugs for the longest time. So, I self-medicated, because the doc's drugs made me inhuman, and also Zoloft causes cancer and birth defects apparently.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50438 on: August 23, 2012, 11:53:49 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:07:17 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50439 on: August 24, 2012, 02:15:11 am »

Guy on my floor reads The Game and subscribes to that PUA stuff.  :-\
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50440 on: August 24, 2012, 03:01:09 am »

Wait, wha-- Ohhh. You mean, you live in an apartment building/dorm, and someone in a neighbouring apartment on the same floor as you does so?

Sorry for being dense, it's just when I first read that post I thought you were talking about the homeless dude who lives on your floor by the fridge, eating your food and managing your magazine subscriptions. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50441 on: August 24, 2012, 03:29:55 am »

dump the drugs, they turn people into zombies.
Never took them and never will.

Since it's early and I'm too tired to formulate a new response, I'm just going to quote what I wrote a few days ago:

And the one time the doc gave me antidepressents, they made me feel like an inhuman sociopath. I felt like everything was just gone. Nothing. No feeling, no fear, not a damn thing. It was pretty fucking scary.

There's this common misconception that antidepps are supposed to be some kind of happy pill and give you ups (or, well, make you happy); they're not. They're just supposed to make you less sad, even out your mood. This is because the downs are directly incapacitating (sucking all the will and energy and hope out) and will effectively or disrupt ongoing therapy by making you feel like it's pointless (bringing you back to square one), make you give up, or even make you unable to start therapy to begin with. The purpose of the antidepp is thus to, by countering the downs, just give you enough energy to start the therapy, and when the therapy itself gives results you can seize or lessen the dose. It's supposed to be a crutch to help you move around until you can start using your own two legs.

The issue, I believe, is that some anti depressants are basically somewhat anti-feeling, meaning that while you do feel less about the downs you'll also feel less from the ups, and this can hit you quite harshly with hard medication. It might sound counter-intuitive, and you have to ask yourself if no-feel is better than most-likely-down-feel. When it comes to keeping heavily depressed people from feeling completely hopeless, worthless, listless, and like death is the only way out, I definitely feel that making them feel less in general is an advantage.
Love, scriver~

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50442 on: August 24, 2012, 04:16:11 am »

I should but I don't.

I did do illegal drugs for the longest time. So, I self-medicated, because the doc's drugs made me inhuman, and also Zoloft causes cancer and birth defects apparently.

WHAT.  :o MY DOCTOR DID NOT TELL ME OF THIS.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #50443 on: August 24, 2012, 04:21:04 am »

::)... are you pregnant, Gamerlord?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50444 on: August 24, 2012, 04:26:06 am »

NO! But the cancer?  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3361 3362 [3363] 3364 3365 ... 8167