Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3337 3338 [3339] 3340 3341 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440941 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50070 on: August 15, 2012, 03:09:47 pm »

"Medal of Honor: Warfighter" will interface directly with the sales websites of gun manufacturers, to allow players to buy their favorite weapons from those featured in the game.

Just in case you haven't had enough juvenile, trigger-happy idiots with guns in the virtual world, now we can get them in the real world too. :I

on the plus side, halfway through the article, it linked to this: http://www.theonion.com/video/ultrarealistic-modern-warfare-game-features-awaiti,14382/
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50071 on: August 15, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »

Nope.

Nopenopenopenope.

No gun debate. Denada. Nooooope.

We're NOT doing this AGAIN.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50072 on: August 15, 2012, 03:15:07 pm »

MERITS OF GUN DEBATES META-DERAIL

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50073 on: August 15, 2012, 03:15:50 pm »

MERITS OF GUN DEBATES META-DERAIL

That quote made my day. Thank you, Fenrir.
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50074 on: August 15, 2012, 03:20:02 pm »

I support gun control discussion control.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50075 on: August 15, 2012, 03:21:57 pm »

Oh come on, at least watch the onion news video.

It is hilarious.

But I guess that is off topic for the sad thread  ::)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #50076 on: August 15, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »

"Medal of Honor: Warfighter" will interface directly with the sales websites of gun manufacturers, to allow players to buy their favorite weapons from those featured in the game.

Just in case you haven't had enough juvenile, trigger-happy idiots with guns in the virtual world, now we can get them in the real world too. :I
Great, another war video game that makes war seem awesome and cool for all of the kids. Why can't there be more video games that accurately display the horrors of war? I mean Homefront tried to do that (And failed horribly, I might add.), I'm just disappointed that there hasn't really been any games focusing on it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50077 on: August 15, 2012, 04:38:00 pm »

Great, another war video game that makes war seem awesome and cool for all of the kids. Why can't there be more video games that accurately display the horrors of war? I mean Homefront tried to do that (And failed horribly, I might add.), I'm just disappointed that there hasn't really been any games focusing on it.

So you think they should make the game that is described in that onion clip I just linked to?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50078 on: August 15, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

I'm just disappointed that there hasn't really been any games focusing on it.
Because it fails horribly

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50079 on: August 15, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »

Supposedly there's a recent one that does just that and got a glowing review from Yahtzee:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6021-Spec-Ops-The-Line
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50080 on: August 15, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »

My (maternal) granddad died on Monday.  The thing is, aside from a couple times when I was far too young to remember, the first and only time I met him was about a year ago.  He knew he was on his way out, and started reconnecting with his kids.  The day we spent in my uncle's garage was a great time, it's kind of ridiculous just how much of myself I could see in him.  I was planning to write him a letter before Christmas, but 2011 was my "space the fuck out" year, and by the time I got around to it he and my mother had another big fight and she didn't really want me to contact him.  Then it just kinda fell out of my attention.

It's hard to feel that sad about it really, since we did at least get to meet, and he loved it.  So there's that much.  I just wish I got to know him a little better, at least let him know that I thought about him.

Suppose I ought to bone up a bit on my other grandfather.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50081 on: August 15, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

I should get around to trying Spec Ops: The Line, but (don't spoil it) the description gave me a very bad feeling it's going to be yet another Heart of Darkpocalypse Now, which as I mentioned in the now dead thread, seems to be the go-to plot whenever a video game wants to try its hand at constructing a meaningful thought.
Shoes...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #50082 on: August 15, 2012, 08:09:22 pm »

I should get around to trying Spec Ops: The Line, but (don't spoil it) the description gave me a very bad feeling it's going to be yet another Heart of Darkpocalypse Now, which as I mentioned in the now dead thread, seems to be the go-to plot whenever a video game wants to try its hand at constructing a meaningful thought.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50083 on: August 15, 2012, 08:13:52 pm »

Last Stand: Dead Zone finally comes out to Armorgames, and it's just a fun timewaster. I want to be playing, not waiting.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50084 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:14 am »

Ugh, I'm really tired. And sore. And I don't want to wake up.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 3337 3338 [3339] 3340 3341 ... 8167