Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3328 3329 [3330] 3331 3332 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423145 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49935 on: August 09, 2012, 10:53:48 pm »

I wish there was still a Terraria server up.

Wow, I sunk so much time into that game. Looking back... just wow. It WAS fun, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49936 on: August 09, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »

I put 80 hours into Terraria and I really didn't get as much out of it as I could have. I respect anyone who's put in more time than me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49937 on: August 09, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »

Right alt & right ctrl. 1 hand.
No right alt or ctrl on this keyboard.
ctrl-shift-esc only takes one hand.
Does this work for Windows log in as well as the task manager?

EDIT; Forgot to mention. The same fall that has taken my left arm also completely shattered my iPod Touch's screen. It was broken before but now it's unusable.

... You only have one arm?  :-[ That sucks bro.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #49938 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:39 am »

MaximumZero! Make the game! I'm sure we all want to play it. :)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49939 on: August 10, 2012, 04:20:58 am »

Something I haven't come to terms with and realized recently:

I procrastinate a lot. I knew that already, but I've realized I don't really know why, especially when it comes to things I ostensibly want to do. It's either because I fear something, or I in reality don't actually want to do them. I've thought it was the latter in the past, and have been trying to turn my actual desires into productive things, but then I thought about what I do when procrastinating. I play video games. I watch movies. I escape into some other reality for a while. Is it because I like those things (which is why I try to spend my time making them myself), or am I running from something? And if I'm running from something... what?

I wonder if I have a fear of responsibility. Any responsibility. I get anxious whenever I feel I'm being judged. I avoid doing things that I'm not confident I'll succeed at. My main motivation when forced into such things is "work hard so you don't screw up." Everyone's like that to some degree I understand, but to my degree? And if responsibility really is my fear... goddamn I am a spoiled brat.

Or maybe I'm just trying to base all my problems on one hypothetical thing so it's easier to come up with excuses, and can fool myself into thinking "just fix this and everything will be okay!" Arrg.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49940 on: August 10, 2012, 05:59:48 am »

Are you sure you're not just a lazy fuck? That's what I consider myself to be :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49941 on: August 10, 2012, 06:39:14 am »

Both of those answers work really, and no way around them but gettin off your ass and starting something. In which case even if you do have other issues they shouldn't be as hard to fix if you develop a proactive mentality.

In other sad news, beard thing was a fluke, I still don't get why my right side has twice the beard density of my left, making any attempt at a serious beard look ridicilous and stupid :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49942 on: August 10, 2012, 08:23:40 am »

I put 80 hours into Terraria and I really didn't get as much out of it as I could have. I respect anyone who's put in more time than me.

It was my first game, I have over 750 hours in that game.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49943 on: August 10, 2012, 10:11:18 am »

It was my first game, I have over 750 hours in that game.

Damn. I put over three hundred hours into Empire Total War as the Americans conquering Europe and I felt pro. You just made that seem weak. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49944 on: August 10, 2012, 10:45:05 am »

Eight hundred into Medieval 2: Total War.
 :P
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49945 on: August 10, 2012, 10:52:40 am »

Jeez, I'm obviously not patient enough. As the English, I conquered all of 'normal' Europe, minus Spain and Eastern Europe, then got bored and installed the expansion packs.
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49946 on: August 10, 2012, 01:19:51 pm »

Huh, Terraria is my most-played game, actually. I'm surprised I've never gone above 80 hours on anything.

Although I guess my two most played games would really be League of Legends and Dwarf Fortress, neither of which are on Steam, and I've definitely got hundreds of hours into those.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49947 on: August 10, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:27:12 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49948 on: August 10, 2012, 03:07:30 pm »

It saddens me that this is what is considered "rule of law".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49949 on: August 10, 2012, 03:38:42 pm »

Shit like this is why I dislike out-of-control corps.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3328 3329 [3330] 3331 3332 ... 8167